MacBook or iMac?

I'm getting my Mac Mini replaced.

iMac, or MacBook? I'm not getting a MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. Just MacBook.

The things I'll be running are mainly Photoshop CS2, iMovie, etc.

Disregard things like memory, hard drive etc, because we're getting it upgraded or will get it upgraded in the future (but not via Apple Store).

I want portability, just in case I have to film something (like skate videos etc) and then pull out the MacBook to work on the spot. iMac can't do that. Plus, I can bring it with me on trips.

I'm swaying more toward the MacBook, but I need your thoughts on the matter.
I'd wait for a MacBook revision right now IMO.
I have a MacBook pro and an iMac, so i figure i may chip in.

MacBook is good but workign with such a small screen for a long time is terrible

so if you buy a macbook get a dvi->vga cable and a cheap screen and a cheap usb keyboard and mouse.

MacBook revisions wont come out for a while, appleworld just came past adn they're currently hyping the air, the wont introduce a new product revision soon =\.
Raikun Wrote:MacBook is good but workign with such a small screen for a long time is terrible

I've been using it just fine since August.
I don't use Macs their too confusing..... Dells are my favourite
Litrid Wrote:I don't use Macs their too confusing..... Dells are my favourite

Jesus Christ you're in for a flaming...

get the carp out of my topic
Roan Wrote:

I believe this depends on one's preferences. I have used Windows and Macintosh for years and each have their own strengths and drawbacks.
Jos Wrote:
Roan Wrote:

I believe this depends on one's preferences. I have used Windows and Macintosh for years and each have their own strengths and drawbacks.

yeah and I prefer macs

and macs can run windows soooo

Rai: i already use a kensington brand keyboard for my mini and a logitech optical mouse. i'm keeping these to use if i want to hook it up to the iMac or MacBook. i don't like the keyboards or mice that apple packages in some of their computers.

i don't ride a bike walking is way less confusing
i don't ride a horse falling over is way less confusing
okay let me rephrase then:

"working with such a small screen for a long time is terrible compared to the beautiful imac screens"
I don't use Macs their too confusing..... Dells are my ALLOW OR DENY?
Raikun Wrote:okay let me rephrase then:

"working with such a small screen for a long time is terrible compared to the beautiful imac screens"

probably

i avoid using the imac for this reason
Went to the Apple Store today.

I am quite impressed by the iMacs. The MacBooks have portability, yes, but with the programs I'll be running (now including Final Cut Pro), I'll need all the power I can get.

Dad is letting me use his MacBook Pro if ever I need the portabilitty.

Also, iMacs are very shiny looking, both in terms of the frame and the display. I don't understand why the MacBooks have a matte-shiny kind of shiny.
bugturtles Wrote:Went to the Apple Store today.

I am quite impressed by the iMacs. The MacBooks have portability, yes, but with the programs I'll be running (now including Final Cut Pro), I'll need all the power I can get.

Dad is letting me use his MacBook Pro if ever I need the portabilitty.

Also, iMacs are very shiny looking, both in terms of the frame and the display. I don't understand why the MacBooks have a matte-shiny kind of shiny.

Because the MacBook screen isn't covered by a large sheet of glass?
bug turtles i know you want a mac, but what is your budget?
there are was to run mac stuff on pcs, its just that pc would make your money go farther, knowaimsayin

anyway the imacs are pretty dope , which one do you want; in white or the black and aluminum trim'd one?