MTG (Magic the Gathering)

If I was putting the entire metagame into one deck then I would use every color. Sliver decks are meant to be broken though
I find that any deck can be broken beyond belief if you find an exploit and abuse it.
Yeah I guess. What formats do you play?
I only play standard, commander matches get pretty unreal sometimes.
Unreal how so? You can use modern cards with commander right?
Yes, I believe so. But by unreal I mean you have a guaranteed card, your commander, and in the case of tyrmet the murder king decks. You can sack himself for the effect and then bring him back because he is the commander. It's really dirty.
Oh. Do you go to Friday Night Magic?
Sadly my car exploded (well it caught on fire) as did my last computer. So I don't have a ride or a way to play online. I am current
Y using my iPad, and haven't found any mtg things for it
(Aug. 02, 2014  2:24 AM)Thumbnail Wrote: Sadly my car exploded (well it caught on fire) as did my last computer. So I don't have a ride or a way to play online. I am current
Bad luck, eh?XD
======================
I might just get some of these cards tonight. I heard they were pretty good from my friends.
By a fat pack if you do, they are the big boxes, and a structure deck and shuffle some cards around and you'll get something useable eventually.
Thing is I can't buy that because my shortage(brokeXD) on money.
Seems we are both out of luck, haha.....
(Aug. 02, 2014  2:24 AM)Thumbnail Wrote: Sadly my car exploded (well it caught on fire) as did my last computer. So I don't have a ride or a way to play online. I am current
You should try Duels of The Planeswalkers (or Magic 2015, forgot what its called). It's eh, but it'll give you an easy way to pass the hours. It's free too, iirc.

Quote:Bad luck, eh?XD
======================
I might just get some of these cards tonight. I heard they were pretty good from my friends.

You should definitely try it out! Buy a deck builder kit and an intro pack (pre-constructed deck) like Thumbnail said.
You should buy singles instead of booster packs once you get into the game. Booster packs are $3.99, and most of the time the value of the cards you get in the booster pack do not add up to the value of the booster pack, so you would be losing money. Even if the card was expensive, like $5 or whatever, that could potentially be saving you A LOT of money if you buy the single instead.
The same goes for other products like the deck builder kit or fat pack, buy the singles you want instead. Also, if you're ever looking for more basic land cards, usually local same shops sell packs of them. If you want card sleeves and can buy from Amazon, buy KMC Hyper Mats. They're very good quality sleeves, perhaps the best on the market. If you ever have questions, don't hesitate to ask Smile
My local game shop has a 12 gallon tub of land cards just piled up on top of eachother, I thought it was a decoration but when I asked they said I could just take as many as I wanted
That's awesome! You should've taken the whole tub XD
Sometimes one of the game shops I go to gives singles out for free if they're cheap. The same shop gives pizza, a booster pack, and a promo card on Friday Night Magic.
Have you ever gotten first at a fnm, the cards they give out are smexy as carp.

I am actually glad you necrod this thread. Maybe we can make a new batch of plains walkers
Do they do a tournament at your fnm? At mine, you just duel four different people and if you win against two or more people you get an extra booster pack. I remember the first time I went to fnm (four weeks ago). The first guy whipped me, and I had no clue what the heck the guy was doing lol. He was running a blue/red counterburn I think, and I'm pretty sure he went undefeated two weeks in a row. Perhaps I'll take that throne when my sliver deck is finished, MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! (sorry for all caps).
I'm glad too, hopefully more people will join the discussion.
I think we do it differently depending on the hosting management, so we do both round robin and brackets, as well as mosh pits from time to time, which is when management gets lazy and just says everyone play at once. But I have only come in second with my rakdos deck, I remember opening up really nasty too. If you are familiar with rakdos you will understand. I opened with two cacklers, two mountains a swamp a key rune a charm and rakdos the defiler, I wrecked that kids little green white life gain BS pretty quick. That was the game before the last. During the finals I got wiped by the worst artifact deck ever, but I blame myself, I let him summon blight steel, I could have stopped it but I wasn't expecting that to be his next play.
Losing against the artifact dude must've been annoying. The same happens to me all of the time though, I leave stuff off until my next turn and then the other dude does something you were't expecting. This other kid wrecked me with a red-mono aggro, and of course that was before I was a decent deck builder so he squashed my black/white (which is now no more). He even said that was his quickest match, haha.
How many mythics have you pulled?
I've pulled a elder scale wyrm, a statue of akroma, and akroma herself, the one that has protection to red black.
I've pulled Nylea, Keranos, Phenax, and my second Prophetic Flamespeaker all in one day surprisingly, I think that's it.
I have Erebos, but I find that, like most of the gods, he is a pretty dirty card.
Yes, and I did very poorly, I was trying to do azorius, but my playas
E is to aggressive and I wasted my resources in a lot of matches.
Did it ever feel like you didn't have enough spells?