(MSF-H) Wyvang Wyvang BD145RSF

Poll: Should Wyvang be added to the top-tier list for defense eventually?

Yes! like, right now!
52.27%
Eh... maybe
43.18%
No!
4.55%
Total: 100% 44 vote(s)
Hey guys! Smile

I haven't come up with any great combos for a while... so I spent 3 days coming up with something to post! Hope you like it!

The concept:

Testing videos:

Tests:

Counters:

Tell me what you think guys! Smile I hope this shows the defensive potential for Wyvang more clearly...

I'm really sorry guys, but I won't be able to do very many testing requests Unhappy It would be great if you guys could help me out by testing it yourself!
This seems impressive. I'm going to have to try it out right now

EDIT: I'm assusiming the aggressive RSF mold has to be used?
Wow seems like a really cool combo, and its surprising it can OS reviser, do you mind if I try against phantom cancer 90MF? It really does seem to have a big problem against dragooon though, other than phantom anything you need tested?
Here's my tests.

Wyvang Wyvang BD145 RSF vs MF-H Flash Orion GB145 R2F
Wyvang: 10 Wins(9 KO, 1 OS)
Flash: 10 Wins(All KO)
2 Ties
Wyvang Win Rate: 50%

This battle was insane. I noticed Flash did do better in my battles than yours, but I still get. 60-70% against Revizer Revizer BD145 CS, so this combo is definitely viable defensively.

The 9 KOs are why I like Wyvang so much for defense. When Revizer is hit, it can't do anything back, but when Wyvang is hit, it hits back.

Unfortunately, my Beylauncher handle broke in my defense tests, so no more tests for me. Unhappy

Wyvang is like the new Dragooon haha
Wow, thanks guys! Smile It would be great if someone tested it out against some Duo defense combos...
I've added the last tests to the OP.

ShinobuXD: Thanks! Yah, my launch was a little bit of a flop today. Tongue_out
I can do tests for this Smile So... Wyvang Wyvang vs Duo BD145?
(Jul. 08, 2013  9:37 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: I can do tests for this Smile So... Wyvang Wyvang vs Duo BD145?

perfecto! Smile Thanks man!
Wyvang hasn't been recommended for defense because its recoil is atrocious compared to the other resident defense wheels IIRC.

That said, these results look interesting, and if the results are replicable then we really might have something on our hands here.
Can you try an MSF?
MSF would probably slow this down or lessen the recoil which is probably the only way Wyvang does what it does... strikes back after it gets hit. I think recoil handles the Defensive part of this combo (although I haven't researched what recoil is lol)
EDIT: Yup, that's how Wyvang works in this case lol.
My curiosity got the best of me, so at risk of waking family members, I just tried this in some informal tests against MSF-H Reviser Reviser BD145RDF and MF-H Flash Beelzeb W145MF...

And yeah, this is really, really good.

Don't put a MSF(-H) on this, it really seemed to hurt it. I'm not sold on this being amazing for standard defense since I noticed significant recoil even during the Reviser tests, but this is one heck of a Balance combo for sure. RSF gives it much more stamina than I anticipated, and even without a RF variant's speed it was chucking Reviser across the room. This has potential for sure.
Can't wait to try this out! But it's night so I don't wanna wake anybody lol

I'm sorry to say this but... Wyvang is not good for Defense Unhappy I tested it out against Balro Balro and... It got demolished.
EDIT: Lol, nevermind. Wyvang just had a bad launch Tongue_out Can I test against Balro Balro too?
I just did informal testing against Duo... and it basically came down to which beyblade had the best Stamina... Which was Duo... it was because RB went crazy after a few seconds and Duos BD145 was touching Wyvangs Chrome Wheel which sapped out its spin. Maybe I can try Duo__SA165/E230?
First of all, you could have easily edited your first post, the double post was very unnecessary.

Second, edit one of your posts to add your test results so we can see.

From what Inguilt said, it is not stellar for Defense, but it had good potential for a Balance custom.
Did this KO duo even once or twice? It had too have since duo is obviously lighter than reviser Revizer.
Also, what spin track and tip did u use?
This didnt KO Duo at all. It was just being Outspun by Duo. Ill post my tests soon. Sorry for the Double Post :\
(Jul. 09, 2013  7:16 AM)Shining God MS Wrote: This didnt KO Duo at all. It was just being Outspun by Duo. Ill post my tests soon. Sorry for the Double Post :\

This is not surprising...Wyvang has trouble with Duo even on RF.

Anyways, this basically reminds me of an effective version of Diablo BD145RB. It is so heavy and has enough smash that Attackers just bounce off of it at times. Synchrom Attackers, being in the same weight class might give it trouble though.
I personally really do think this is "stellar" for defense, based on the formal tests done so far. Smile ShinobuXD and I both came out with higher win percentages than Reviser when we used this thing, and in Wyvang's testing thread, it actually did beat out Reviser in terms of defense. Not by much, but it still got slightly higher numbers.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just don't see the decline in defense with the switch. Confused

I'm adding sound the video right now, and there's a sequence against flash. I'll post it, and then we'll all be able to see it at the same time. That should help. Smile

EDIT: My video program just crashed, and my little brother wants to play video games. Unhappy Looks like it won't be 'till this afternoon. Sorry guys.
Video's up! Smile Finally...

EDIT: Double Post again!! AAARRRGGHHH!!! Unhappy
Your r2f woah! Nice video, it has pretty clean KO's.
After watching the video, I am wanting to see some more tests of this against heavier attack types.
I would like to see how this fares against Wywang Wywang GB145R2F. But its highly unlikely someone has four Wywangs.
Well, probably it would be a very interesting battle. But in the end, Wyvang Wyvang wins (do you see what I did there lol) GB145R2F would win. Sorry, blackdragon. I might get two more to test this. Huzzah! Lol
(Jul. 10, 2013  6:58 PM)ryugavskyoya1 Wrote: I would like to see how this fares against Wywang Wywang GB145R2F. But its highly unlikely someone has four Wywangs.

Actually... I do, but I can't really tests at all, and I think the benchmark tests against Balro and Flash are enough to evaluate its defensive qualities. Smile It's very safe to say That Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F would completely flatten it, just because of how high its numbers were against Reviser.
Plus, Balro tied 50-50, and Wyvang's numbers beat Balro's by a whopping 15% win rate, so Wyvang would almost surely pull off the win.
Just for curiosity could you test against Killerken Dragoon DF105LRF?