MSF-H Phoenic Phoenic BD145RF

(Jul. 11, 2012  5:05 PM)Ingulit Wrote: IT DIED A WARRIOR'S DEATH

It'll be dining in Valhalla tonight, the brave soul

Why were you trying TH170GCF, out of curiosity? It's an interesting track/tip combo to say the least.

Also, that's an interesting theory, and while it may or may not be right (I don't know myself) I'll keep it in mind before I test with expensive tracks.

I wanted a very aggressive tip for the combo, and I'd previously used XF. GCF's flat end has an identical diameter to an XF with the added weight and stability of the disk. It also addresses one of TH170's weaknesses when used as an attack track, which is the tendency to lean too much and sometimes even topple over when you bank it. The weight of synchromed wheels make it dangerous to launch aggressively. GCF helps in that regard somewhat in that it'll right itself, albeit with much scraping.

The trouble is that when that happens (hindsight is 20/20), GCF actually tilts and the pressure is transferred to the connector of the spin track. Imagine holding the bey upside down and applying downward pressure to the side of the GCF's disk. It's like trying to pop the spin track open with a can opener. TH170 is also made of a brittle kind of plastic, as opposed to more pliable spin tracks. It's an issue with GCF and CF that people are likely to encounter when pairing it with TH170 or a similar track.