MFB Scoring System - Your Thoughts?

(Jan. 11, 2009  11:45 AM)Blitz Wrote: Tbh I don't like the idea of a knock out being worth 2 points, should stay at 1 point.
And they are proberly doing this to shorten the beybattles because MFB's can go one for a while.
But still think they should stick to the old scoring system regardless.

The MFB battles i'v seen go very quickly
(Jan. 11, 2009  11:51 AM)Giga Wrote: The MFB battles i'v seen go very quickly

I did say can. When you get a Libra DF145BS VS Libra DF145BS battle (for example) going on with no KO's it can last like 4-5 mins, which when you think at a tournament it's gonna take a long time for everyone to play.
ah yeah good point about that.
However it would still take ages because as you said there would not normally be any KO's in a LvL match
(Jan. 11, 2009  12:37 PM)Giga Wrote: ah yeah good point about that.
However it would still take ages because as you said there would not normally be any KO's in a LvL match

That really doesn't justify this ... and I think five minutes must be an exaggeration. I would imagine it would be under two minutes max.
(Jan. 11, 2009  12:41 PM)Giga Wrote: a little test on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr0FuPHfKO8
EDIT by our very own japblader

There's no Libra Vs. Libra in this video
(Jan. 11, 2009  12:41 PM)Giga Wrote: a little test on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr0FuPHfKO8
EDIT by our very own japblader

No offense, but the one shooting these videos should learn some shooting techniques as none of the attack bottom users can show their performance by just roaming on the ridge of the stadium, people should be careful when making videos as anyone watching it will base their purchases on these which in turn, it would get regretful for them...
For anyone who doubts the credibility of this :
[Image: NewRules.jpg]

As far as I can tell, it does confirm what happyeric12 said.
That is suprising. Gasp I much prefer the WBO rules. Though if we're to work alongside Takara won't we have to conform? I don't like this.......Unhappy
Maybe the people who license MFB for other countries will change it? Gawd, I hope so. =(
(Jan. 11, 2009  4:45 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Maybe the people who license MFB for other countries will change it? Gawd, I hope so. =(

This may be our only saving grace. D: If Hasbro do this then I'll forget about the crappy stadiums and whatnot.
(Jan. 11, 2009  4:48 PM)Rocky Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2009  4:45 PM)Pichuscute Wrote: Maybe the people who license MFB for other countries will change it? Gawd, I hope so. =(

This may be our only saving grace. D: If Hasbro do this then I'll forget about the crappy stadiums and whatnot.

I am not so sure I want Hasbro to do anything with the new scoreing system, I mean last time Hasbro did a carp job. I would like some other U.S toy company to pick up the new mfb toyline instead of Hasbro
(Jan. 11, 2009  4:57 PM)Leo Aggressive Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2009  4:48 PM)Rocky Wrote:

I am not so sure I want Hasbro to do anything with the new scoreing system, I mean last time Hasbro did a carp job.

If they switch to 2 outa 3 or something, though, they will make me pretty happy.
While this is upsetting, I think we should adopt this as an alternate format of playing. I agree the WBO system is better by a lot, but I somehow feel that this standard should be adopted so that the WBO is a more encompassing.
(Jan. 11, 2009  6:02 PM)FFX Wrote: While this is upsetting, I think we should adopt this as an alternate format of playing. I agree the WBO system is better by a lot, but I somehow feel that this standard should be adopted so that the WBO is a more encompassing.

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree.
(Jan. 11, 2009  6:23 PM)Pichuscute Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2009  6:02 PM)FFX Wrote: While this is upsetting, I think we should adopt this as an alternate format of playing. I agree the WBO system is better by a lot, but I somehow feel that this standard should be adopted so that the WBO is a more encompassing.

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree.
That's fine, but I'd like to hear your reasoning.
I don't think we should change they way we play to this new format because it'll make the battles way too short and make it be based almost completely on luck (with MFB, especially) and there's really not much fun in that.
FFX: I understand your reasoning as we do need to work with Takara not against but this is pratty awful for the reasons Pichuscute stated. Basically Takara need to sort themselves out. Which probably won't happen as they've already distributed these rules......which means we're doomed. =_=
Until there is some possibility of working with Takara-Tomy evident, I have no plans to alter the rules. I've been playing this game for eight years and I can tell that this rule is a bad idea. Most of you can as well. And honestly, I think we know better.
wow you mean in the future we could get a nifty
Partners of Takara - Tomy thing @ the bottom with beyblade spirit!?
They pretty much changed the system for 2009 now... It's also used for MFB DS

same point scorers, but this time, It's 4. Pretty much double-length battles...
I think two points for a KO is a grand idea! Although, my opinion is quite bias for I love attackers. Tongue_out

I have little knowledge of MFBs, however, perhaps they are planning to release heavier Beys that will not be KO'd as easily to uphold this rule? I think this might be something we should watch for, at least. It might be worth changing down the road, but this is all dependent upon the parts and stadiums they release.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I meant our three point battle system, but two points for a KO.
I might be late saying this but I think it would be better as 3 points just so that there can at least be a second match, because then someone doesn't lose for their blade going out of the stadium and get another chance.