MFB Scoring System - Your Thoughts?

(Jan. 11, 2009  5:28 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I recently PMed happyeric12, who is living in Taiwan where there is official support for Metal Fight Beyblade. I asked him what the scoring system for MFB was, and this was his response:

I was pretty shocked to see this. For anyone who doesn't remember, the old system was 3 points to win instead of 2, but the point allocations were the same. The WBO is currently working with KO and outspin being worth the same amount, which fundamentally becomes a best 2/3 system except for breaks and penalties.

It strikes me as particularly odd considering the high probability of KO in MFB compared to previous series'; KOs seem to make up the majority of battles, making this seem a bit odd. Most Bey Battles will end after one round. I think the minimum should be at least two rounds. One of the reasons I decided to devalue KOs to one point instead of two was because of the high amount of KOs present in MFB.

So what do you think about the MFB points system? For that matter, how about the WBO's?
btw this is almost the same system of the mfb ds game!
but in the game you have to reach 4 points to win. 4 points is perfect to me.
Well, since I've been growing up with Hasbro's Beyblades, I never came to know the strategic aspects of Beyblades and stadiums and whatnot, so I can give a professional opinion on this.

I believe the majority here and say the new rules are garbage. (CRUNCH! I'll add them to the heap.)
But I also believe the point system in both MFB DS and Beyblade VForce Suoer Tournament Battle to be quite reasonable.
... although I'm not so sure about the Stadium Out capabilities of Defense and Endurance Type 'blades. If it's near impossible for them to get one, this points system would put them at a disadvantage.

EDIT: Oops, didn't notice they already changed it to 4 points. Then the points system is already that of the games.
(Apr. 11, 2009  2:14 PM)happyeric12 Wrote: They pretty much changed the system for 2009 now... It's also used for MFB DS

same point scorers, but this time, It's 4. Pretty much double-length battles...

This is an interesting change. It definitely gets rid of the battles being too short.
KOs aren't necessarily more difficult than outspin, especially in MFB, so I don't see the need to award more points for it.
If anything, it's the other way round.
(Apr. 11, 2009  7:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: KOs aren't necessarily more difficult than outspin, especially in MFB, so I don't see the need to award more points for it.
The build of MFBs may change so the new rules actually make sense. Uncertain It's still a new, evolving product.
I feel that the WBO rules are the ones that we should be going by.
I mean, let's face it, we aren't TOMY-TAKARA, we go by our own set of rules based on the originals, made by the players, for the players.
Awarding more points for KO's is completely illogical, and as many people have stated, takes a great deal of skill out of the game.
I seriously doubt takara-tomy care about us, so why should it effect us if they make a ridiculous rule change?
Bet Japanese bladers aren't happy about this.
I agree. The TT rules are crazy, especially when KO's are so common with the MFB.
(Jan. 11, 2009  11:16 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Until there is some possibility of working with Takara-Tomy evident, I have no plans to alter the rules. I've been playing this game for eight years and I can tell that this rule is a bad idea. Most of you can as well. And honestly, I think we know better.

I'm actually shocked at this scoring method. I agree with what Brad said here though. I think that the WBO should try to make an effort to work along side Takara-Tomy and do what's best for the beyblade tournaments and community. I don't think we should go out of our way to comply with their rules, simply because in all reality they're unfair.

Anyways, we should all try to be patient, and I think the WBO should stay the way it is. Hopefully we all can agree the way the WBO scores battles makes more sense, and of course with the KO rates you have with MFB, it simply isn't really justifiable. Just what I think anyways.
i like wbos ruling the best. Infact i thought it was just like that everywhere and thought the best of 3 system (wbos system) was just how we played the game Confused
WBO isn't best of 3. Re-read the rule book.
ok i dont get the way its written so its not the 1st person to get 2 wins takes the game?
(Apr. 13, 2009  6:58 AM)josh-jf Wrote: ok i dont get the way its written so its not the 1st person to get 2 wins takes the game?

It's the first person to get 3 wins.

BeyBattles are divided into rounds. To win a BeyBattle, the Blader must win three individual
rounds.
•Conditions for winning a single round:
‣Out-spinning the opposing Beyblade.
‣The opposing Beyblade exiting BeyStadium.

Seems pretty clear to me.
Yea it's pretty clear, I prefer WBO rules, those are the rules me and my friends always go by.
I never liked the 'Bit-beasts' rules by Hasbro, I thought they were lame ...
'Bit-beasts' rules?
I've never heard of that.
Okay, that's probably because my friends and I were always playing in self-made stadiums by self-made rules.
Care to elaborate?
Dragoon = Opposite Hand (EG Right handed opponent has to pull with left hand)
Driger = Only out of the box blades allowed
Draciel = Launch 5 Seconds later than opponent
Dranzer = Opponent Not allowed a grip
Oh.
Yes, that sounds familiar. And stupid.
I never quite got the reason behind these rules.
(Apr. 13, 2009  1:39 PM)Giga Wrote: Dragoon = Opposite Hand (EG Right handed opponent has to pull with left hand)
Driger = Only out of the box blades allowed
Draciel = Launch 5 Seconds later than opponent
Dranzer = Opponent Not allowed a grip

i guess it was to make it seem like they had a bit power maybe?