MFB Explosion: Episode 83 - Explosive Fight! Tornado Battle (11/07/10)

83. Explosive Fight! Tornado Battle
爆闘! トルネードバトル
Bakutou! Toruneedo Batoru
11/07/10

グレイシーズの2番手・セレンを攻め立てる銀河だが、セレンはのらりくらりと攻撃をかわすのみ。しかも、ペガシスのスタミナを奪うだけ奪うと、なんとみずからスタジアムアウトしてしまう。
"グレイシーズの2番手・セレンを攻め立てる銀河だが、セレンはのらりくらりと攻撃をかわすのみ。しかも、ペガシスのスタミナを奪うだけ奪うと、なんとみずからスタジアムア​ウトしてしまう。"

"Ginga goes to incessantly attack Graces's 2nd member, Selen, but Selen just elusively evades these attacks. On top of that, after just throughly stealing Pegasus's stamina, he "stadium-outed" on his own."

-TJ
Just wanted to clarify a phrase in the preview text where I just put it as "just thoroughly stealing."

奪うだけ奪う = it's a very negative connotation. It expresses a state of an individual only thinking of or focused on that one action and then going through with it thoroughly so as to leave nothing behind. E.g. - "Mom made us walk and walk for 100 miles all the way past civilization just to show us a peculiar flower." -> Leaves you thinking "Excuse me?! That's it?!!" For the purposes of the preview, it would be as if Ginga had endured having Pegasus's stamina shaven off to virtually nothing and just when he was about to get even with Selen, Selen himself (herself?) forfeighted, leaving nothing behind for Ginga to settle the score nor settle his anger/humiliation.

-TJ
*Seren is probably Selene seeing that the members of Graces including the team name itself are based on people in Greek mythology.
*As the title suggests, and with Tornade Herculeo being its official name, I think that the title should be "Explosive Fight! Tornade Battle" to reflect this.
(Oct. 09, 2010  9:34 AM)Saigo Wrote: *Seren is probably Selene seeing that the members of Graces including the team name itself are based on people in Greek mythology.
*As the title suggests, and with Tornade Herculeo being its official name, I think that the title should be "Explosive Fight! Tornade Battle" to reflect this.

I thought that too, that セレン might be Selene, but then I figured that it might follow the Beyblade naming trend in that a letter or two may be modified from the actual. But undoubtedly, the name points towards the Greek goddess of the moon, aka Luna in Roman mythology. It's just I've heard セレーネ used all the time in Japanese when such allusions were made. セレン to me was Selenium as in the element, which in fact got its name from Selene...so, still don't know what's right. And the Japanese text for the episode previews suck; there's nothing worse than trying to translate run-on sentences or passive sentence fragments. It's everything English teachers told you NOT to do. -TJ
It turns out that Tornade was a typo, so it is Tornado Herculeo, and "Explosive Fight! Tornado Battle" should be the correct title.
It could be that ginga will lost to the brazilian girl?
(Nov. 04, 2010  9:26 AM)top beyblader Wrote: It could be that ginga will lost to the brazilian girl?

Ridiculous.

Ginga didn't lose to Tetsuya and Tetsuya had an army of trained crabs.

All she can do is "Oh nooooo! Look over there! Gasp "

I really hate the brazilian team Uncertain Even more than the russian team...
But I see that he is fighting her, And then I see that she slipped the hand of the other blader and smiled.. it looks like she defeated him..
(Nov. 04, 2010  2:06 PM)top beyblader Wrote: But I see that he is fighting her, And then I see that she slipped the hand of the other blader and smiled.. it looks like she defeated him..

Take a better look at the preview, there's a scene where herculeo and pegasis are fighting in the tornado stadium while it is spinning, indeed ginga will defeat her. The brazilian team just is happy to have the advantage in battle.
There are a few negative points in this episode ...

Selen is a hypocrite. She kept battling, but she suddenly decided to just catch her Beyblade back when she judged that she had fought enough to make Galaxy Pegasis lose considerable stamina. And as she walked away she saluted the crowd who also cheered for her ...

The Rio de Janeiro crowd is also made of poor individuals as well apparently. I have no idea if anything was even said, but everybody just randomly started laughing at Ginga at some point while the battle was relatively serious.

Throughout the whole episode, you will keep thinking that Ginga should use one of his special attacks, even just a simple Shooting Star if needed, but Ginga never does it until he actually sees Ian use a similar attack ... For some reason, only that reminded him that he had attacks like that as well. His Galaxy Pegasis was even sent several times in the air during the match ...

Finally, of course as soon as Ginga wins, Argo comes and easily defeats him, humiliating him beyond belief just like what Masamune did with Enso when Yuu thoroughly lost to him.

It was not necessarily a bad episode, but the characters were either stupid or hypocrites.
Ginga is quite an idiot, in this episode Uncertain

We've seen several times in the past that Pegasis can wreck stuff just with the epic Shooting Star attack and that was when he just had Storm Pegasis, while Galaxy Pegasis is supposed to be much stronger. During the entirety of the episode, I kept asking "Why doesn't he just use Shooting Star Attack?!"

Besides, we ALL know that they'll win, in the end. I know drama is good, but it only really works against the main antagonist or someone who had decent build-up, such as Julius.

We saw a bunch of Julius' matches (In which he easily won, unlike the matches we've seen from the Brazil Team) and he was even unimpressed before Ryuuga, an intimidating character that was an awesome vilain.

So yeah, the Brazil team is just boring. Really boring.
I agree with you all. And then they had to give us Serena and that one kids names which escapes me an back story actually more like a sob story, which did not make me feel sympathetic at all. They gave these people a back story but not Julius. I find something wrong here. An episode that could have been good but no. Though I'm looking forward to next weeks episode.
Although I agree with you two on the background story issue, there might be a weird reason : in the manga, time is barely spent on team Gracys, and neither does the Russian team get more than a page in total. However, Julius does get a lot of background story there. Perhaps they are trying to compensate for this lack of depth of certain characters in the manga, even though both media are sometimes not that linked.
(Nov. 07, 2010  1:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Finally, of course as soon as Ginga wins, Argo comes and easily defeats him, humiliating him beyond belief just like what Masamune did with Enso when Yuu thoroughly lost to him.

humiliating? this is supposed to be a defeat? He did not even see Argo's bey coming...
(Nov. 07, 2010  4:58 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Although I agree with you two on the background story issue, there might be a weird reason : in the manga, time is barely spent on team Gracys, and neither does the Russian team get more than a page in total. However, Julius does get a lot of background story there. Perhaps they are trying to compensate for this lack of depth of certain characters in the manga, even though both media are sometimes not that linked.

actually they just don't want the anime to catch up to the manga, where we get to see the full Team USA and H.Kerbex.

i wish they'd just ended this arc though and put a different filler on.. i'd rather just watch fillers but not this lawl.

so far i've deleted every episode in this arc after downloading it.... that's how much its worth of me going back to watch it later....
kai v why this is a humiliation? ginga did not start battling this guy, he came from the smoke!
(Nov. 08, 2010  8:32 AM)top beyblader Wrote: kai v why this is a humiliation? ginga did not start battling this guy, he came from the smoke!
Yes he did not see Ray Gil coming, but the latter was also able to knock Galaxy Pegasis out so easily when Heracleo struggled to do so all along.
(Nov. 08, 2010  4:02 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2010  8:32 AM)top beyblader Wrote: kai v why this is a humiliation? ginga did not start battling this guy, he came from the smoke!
Yes he did not see Ray Gil coming, but the latter was also able to knock Galaxy Pegasis out so easily when Heracleo struggled to do so all along.

if thwy want ginga to lose like this, it is saying that they "afraid" to make him losing to this guy in real battle. fishy..
(Nov. 08, 2010  5:47 PM)top beyblader Wrote: if thwy want ginga to lose like this, it is saying that they "afraid" to make him losing to this guy in real battle. fishy..

try and stay in the real world Smile

the WRITERS want him to lose, to give the show more suspense.
(Nov. 08, 2010  6:27 PM)Jaems Wrote: the WRITERS want him to lose, to give the show more suspense.

Which doesn't work, because we've seen Ginga defeat much, MUCH more powerful foes, such as Julius, Kyouya and the Dragon Emperor.

This feels like filler. Boring, uninteresting filler.
(Nov. 08, 2010  6:27 PM)Jaems Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2010  5:47 PM)top beyblader Wrote: if thwy want ginga to lose like this, it is saying that they "afraid" to make him losing to this guy in real battle. fishy..

try and stay in the real world Smile

the WRITERS want him to lose, to give the show more suspense.

if they want him to lose why they DONT doing this? they could easily make him lose to this guy in a real beybattle. They just afrading to do this step. This is pure cowardice.
I don't get this. Tyson lost so many times, ginga is almost not losing. not fair.
(Nov. 08, 2010  6:59 PM)top beyblader Wrote: if they want him to lose why they DONT doing this? they could easily make him lose to this guy in a real beybattle. They just afrading to do this step. This is pure cowardice.
I don't get this. Tyson lost so many times, ginga is almost not losing. not fair.

because if they do that then it'll show that the brazillian team are "honourable" which the writers have spent.. 2-3 episodes to show that they are not, thus it will ruin their image and hard work. ofc the only predictable thing that would happen is the writers will make them turn "good" (showing that they have a kinder side) near the end of this filler-arc, if they don't turn the brazillian team "good" at the end of this arc, i'll actually like it; as it is less predictable.
(Nov. 08, 2010  7:18 PM)Jaems Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2010  6:59 PM)top beyblader Wrote: if they want him to lose why they DONT doing this? they could easily make him lose to this guy in a real beybattle. They just afrading to do this step. This is pure cowardice.

because if they do that then it'll show that the brazillian team are "honourable" which the writers have spent.. 2-3 episodes to show that they are not, thus it will ruin their image and hard work. ofc the only predictable thing that would happen is the writers will make them turn "good" (showing that they have a kinder side) near the end of this filler-arc, if they don't turn the brazillian team "good" at the end of this arc, i'll actually like it; as it is less predictable.

but he also already defeated the one who should be the Ryuga of metal explosion, the man with the ywllow hair, I don't remember his name.

I just don't understand that.
(Nov. 08, 2010  7:52 PM)top beyblader Wrote: but he also already defeated the one who should be the Ryuga of metal explosion, the man with the ywllow hair, I don't remember his name.

if you don't understand it; then your CLEARLY looking into this too deep and thinking its real.
(Nov. 08, 2010  8:06 PM)Jaems Wrote:
(Nov. 08, 2010  7:52 PM)top beyblader Wrote: but he also already defeated the one who should be the Ryuga of metal explosion, the man with the ywllow hair, I don't remember his name.

if you don't understand it; then your CLEARLY looking into this too deep and thinking its real.

what's real??? I don't understand what are you talking about dude