MFB Episode 26: Tsubasa Flies Into the Dark - 09/27/09 JPN / 09/19/10 USA

Odd translation, but tsubasa means wings, yet it is a character's name, and mau means 'to dance' in my dictionary. Perhaps a better title would be "The Dancing Tsubasa in the Darkness"; I do not know.

26. Tsubasa Dancing In The Darkness
闇に舞う翼
yami ni mau tsubasa
Air date: 2009-9-27

竜牙とエルドラゴの糧となる強者を見つけるため、各地の大会に配下のブレーダーを送り込んでいた大道寺。そんな彼のもとに、バトルロイヤルで配下を難なく退けたという大鳥翼とそのベイ、アクイラの報告が入った。翼に興味をもち早速、調査を命じる大道寺だが、当の翼がダークネビュラ本部に潜入してくる。
In order to find an exceptional person to become food for Ryuuga and L Drago, Daidouji sends his blader-subordinates in various tournaments. As such, he gets a report of Ootori Tsubasa and his bey, Aquila, that have easily removed his subordinates in a battle royal. Daidouji gets interested in Tsubasa immediately and orders an investigation, but the Tsubasa in question goes to infiltrate the Dark Nebula’s headquarters.

Summary translated by rebecca85.
This title reminds me of a song from "Space Buddies" Which is "Dancing in the Moonlight" XD lol
But it isn't so yeah. haha
I see Ryuuga's name at the first sentence. So he will be appearing?
If Ryuugas name is in the sentence... errr wouldn't he be in it then. Pinching_eyes_2
Yeah we will.. Gotta wait a couple of weeks though. lol
If you see 'Ryuuga' as well as 'L Drago' in a summary, chances are he will as a matter of fact be appearing for at least a few seconds ...

The few posts above me could be synthesized into : "I do not know."
Thats what I thought. Pinching_eyes_2 lol
Dancing in the darkness...I wonder if that's gonna be the episode where he admits (or joins) being part of Dark Nebula.

If there's Ryuuga, it's probably going to be nice Joyful_3
(Sep. 10, 2009  4:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: In order to find an exceptional person to become food for Ryuuge and L Drago,

I have this mental image now of Ryuuga holding a fork and knife with L LDrago spinning next to him, both of them very eager to chomp into some innocent blader.
Hahaha. Thats funny Crimson. I had a similar image. XD
Since it's using 'The' before Tsubasa, couldn't it be The Tsubasa (wings) of the eagle that accompanies the blader Tsubasa?
I mean, you wouldn't say e.g. The Ginga eating. So perhaps in this case Tsubasa are wings.?
(Sep. 14, 2009  9:45 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Since it's using 'The' before Tsubasa, couldn't it be The Tsubasa (wings) of the eagle that accompanies the blader Tsubasa?
I mean, you wouldn't say e.g. The Ginga eating. So perhaps in this case Tsubasa are wings.?

If it literally says "The Wings Dancing in the Darkness", it's still very obviously referring to Tsubasa ...
(Sep. 14, 2009  9:45 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Since it's using 'The' before Tsubasa, couldn't it be The Tsubasa (wings) of the eagle that accompanies the blader Tsubasa?
There is little to no 'the' in Japanese as far as I know, and there does not appear to be any of that in the title ... Where did you see it ? That is why translating is slightly difficult : you have to make links between words and concepts.

yami = darkness.
ni = in, at, on, etc.
mau = to dance.
tsubasa = wing.
I think I know what is going to happen with Tsubasa.

Tsubasa will infiltrate Dark Nebula's HQ, then will join Dark Nebula as said in the summary. Here's where my theory comes in; Tsubasa will risk everything, including his friendship with Ginga and pretend to work with Dark Nebula. if this is what will happen, then Tsubasa is probably thinking "if i'm going to stop Dark Nebula, then i'll have to be one of them, first." I can definitely see this happening.
(Sep. 10, 2009  7:51 AM)ReallyRandomTJ Wrote: This title reminds me of a song from "Space Buddies" Which is "Dancing in the Moonlight" XD lol
But it isn't so yeah. haha

'dancing in the moonlight
everybodys feeling warm and bright
its such a fine and natural sight
everybodys dancing in the moonlight'

Cool song.

Anyway, this sounds really interesting but I seem to have fallen behind at the moment since I stopped watching it for some reason. Pinching_eyes I'll get back to it soon.
Wooh Ryuuga's in this! Cant wait Eee
(Sep. 15, 2009  12:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote: There is little to no 'the' in Japanese as far as I know, and there does not appear to be any of that in the title ... Where did you see it ?

(Sep. 10, 2009  4:46 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Perhaps a better title would be "The Dancing Tsubasa in the Darkness"; I do not know.
I did not notice that.

No offense but, Kai-V, aren't you hitting yourself in the head?
(Sep. 16, 2009  1:29 PM)フェルグラント Wrote: I did not notice that.

you hit yourself in the head every time you post
(Sep. 16, 2009  1:54 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: you hit yourself in the head every time you post

This is why I hate you Brad.
(Sep. 16, 2009  1:54 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: you hit yourself in the head every time you post

We really need an 80's slow clap emoticon...
(Sep. 16, 2009  2:00 PM)フェルグラント Wrote: This is why I hate you Brad.

this is why everybody else hates you too
(Sep. 16, 2009  1:23 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: [Two quotes.]
FelGrand Wrote:I did not notice that.

You do not understand how translating Japanese works.

The title is basically : darkness [in, at, on, etc.] to dance Tsubasa.
There is absolutely no article to link those words except the 'ni' particle which is attached to 'darkness' (yami).

Your previous post is ambiguous actually, since as Brad mentioned everything goes back to Tsubasa anyway. And your statement "Since it's using 'The' before Tsubasa" makes it sound like 'the' is always there, when it is not in reality. It might or might not be there, depending on the interpretation done.

Also, after working for some time on translating such episode titles, they always use the kanji for the beasts of the characters, or the characters themselves. It is therefore unlikely that they meant 'the wings'. I offered an optional title because the actual one sounded odd, but I did think before posting it, which is why I offered no title with 'the wings' in it. Plus, if "Tsubasa Dancing In The Darkness" was a wrong translation, DranzerX13 would have corrected me by now hah.

Hopefully you now understand.

Also, fueu gerando, I would not talk if I were you.
(Sep. 15, 2009  8:37 PM)Zander Soulwind Wrote: 'dancing in the moonlight
everybodys feeling warm and bright
its such a fine and natural sight
everybodys dancing in the moonlight'

Cool song.

Anyway, this sounds really interesting but I seem to have fallen behind at the moment since I stopped watching it for some reason. Pinching_eyes I'll get back to it soon.

Yeah it is... and my brother is obsessed with listening to it. Tired lol

I just wanna watch this episode already. XD