MFB Compact Attempt:Burn Libra 105ES

This is my first attempt at a combo of this caliber,so bear with me.

Concept:It's my opinion that ES doesn't benefit from the T125 track's air resistance capabilites.Added in the height and general vulnerability of the track...well,you get the picture. So, I wanted to make a combo that would play at the strengths of the ES, as well as other MFB parts I have right now.

The 105 track will provide not only shielding the right height for the ES to work,and the Burn Wheel will minimize the contact points so the ES can function properly.The Libra Wheel is a good,balanced Clear wheel,so it evens out the Blade, making sure it keeps its balance.

I have yet to test this though,I will post results at a later time,unless someone else tests it for me.
(Apr. 16, 2010  2:53 AM)BlackAce Wrote: This is my first attempt at a combo of this caliber,so bear with me.

Concept:It's my opinion that ES doesn't benefit from the T125 track's air resistance capabilites.Added in the height and general vulnerability of the track...well,you get the picture. So, I wanted to make a combo that would play at the strengths of the ES, as well as other MFB parts I have right now.

The 105 track will provide not only shielding the right height for the ES to work,and the Burn Wheel will minimize the contact points so the ES can function properly.The Libra Wheel is a good,balanced Clear wheel,so it evens out the Blade, making sure it keeps its balance.

I have yet to test this though,I will post results at a later time,unless someone else tests it for me.

Hmm...Interesting combo.
I do not have the Burn wheel, so I'll wait for your results.
Looking forward to it!Joyful_2
From the Beywiki;
'To build an effective compact combo, the Beyblade needs to be relatively heavy, and have the majority of its weight focused in the center of the Beyblade. The advantage of having this weight focused in the center gives it an incredibly high spin velocity, which combined with the proper compact parts, leads to better balance and decreased loss of spin when hit.'
I know this article is for Plastic customizations but I think it still applies to your combo.
So will it be better if you add a Metal Face?
Hmm, the Burn wheel looks as if the weight is focused on the outer rim, much like a wide weight disk.
Most of Burn's weight is focused around its perimeter, yes.
@diamondclimax:I didn't think of that,thanks for the tip.

I'm going to be testing this today against some friends,so I'll be posting the results later.
(Apr. 16, 2010  4:23 PM)BlackAce Wrote: @diamondclimax:I didn't think of that,thanks for the tip.

I'm going to be testing this today against some friends,so I'll be posting the results later.

Haha, no prob. Wink
I'm always eager to see new combos. Joyful_2
Alright,so I've been testing this...it's a so-so combo with a Light Launcher.

The lack of T125 blowing on ES makes a difference,I've noticed,however, diamondclimax may have a point about the Metal Face (which I lack).

Against Attack Combo (Storm Pegasis 135RF w/Beylauncher)

R1Tongue_outegasis win by KO
R2:Libra win by outspin
R3Tongue_outegasis win by KO
R4Tongue_outegasis win by KO
R5:Libra win by outspin
R6Tongue_outegasis win by KO
R7Tongue_outegasis win by KO
R8:Libra win by outspin
R9:Libra win by KO
R10:Libra win by outspin

Against Stamina Combo (Flame Phoenix T125MS w/Beylauncher)

R1:Libra win by outspin
R2Tongue_outhoenix win by outspin
R3Tongue_outhoenix win by KO
R4:Libra win by KO
R6Grinraw
R7Tongue_outhoenix win by KO
R9:Libra win by KO
R10Tongue_outhoenix win by KO

With a Beylauncher however,the results become more prominent.

Against Attack Combo (Storm PEgasis 135RF w/Light Launcher)

R1:Libra win by outspin
R2:Libra win by KO
R3Tongue_outegasis win by outspin
R4:Libra win by outspin
R5Tongue_outEgasis win by KO
R6Tongue_outEgasis win by outspin
R7:Libra win by outspin
R9:Libra win by outspin
R10Tongue_outegasis win by KO

Against Stamina Combo (Flame Phoenix T125MS w/Light Launcher)

R1Tongue_outhoenix win by KO
R2:Libra win by outspin
R3:Libra win by KO
R4:Libra win by outspin
R6Tongue_outhoenix win by KO
R7Tongue_outhoenix win by outspin
R8:Libra win by KO
R9:Libra win by outspin
R10:Libra win by outspin

Make your own judgements on this,but I think the results show that with a Light launcher,the combo doesn't have much meaning. But with a Beylauncher, and with the right technique, this combo works well for its purpose.
Why ES over MS?
MS is a good part,don't get me wrong, but as ES is made out of plastic, it grips the stadium better, thus being able to balance after a hit better than MS.
(Apr. 16, 2010  7:40 PM)BlackAce Wrote: MS is a good part,don't get me wrong, but as ES is made out of plastic, it grips the stadium better, thus being able to balance after a hit better than MS.

um if you're going for balance, you shouldn't be using ES or MS, also why doesn't this have Metal Face?
I don't have a Metal Face at this time....
I made a compact combo using MF Flame Cancer GB145SF, it works pretty well.
I'd say its way better than this combo. Tongue_out

ES just doesn't work for a Balance combo.
Well,the the Blade works as its own combo,I can say that.
A 50% win rate against Storm Pegasis 135RF? And this combo "works"? The notion makes me lol.
Why aren't using at least a 105 with that?
(Apr. 16, 2010  10:49 PM)NAP Wrote: A 50% win rate against Storm Pegasis 135RF? And this combo "works"? The notion makes me lol.
Why aren't using at least a 105 with that?

I think he used his only 105 track on his current compact combo.
(Apr. 17, 2010  1:13 AM)diamondclimax Wrote: I think he used his only 105 track on his current compact combo.

That's so ocward.
(Apr. 17, 2010  4:04 AM)NAP Wrote: That's so ocward.
Chocked_2 Ocward?
You meant awkward right?
(Apr. 17, 2010  4:09 AM)diamondclimax Wrote: Chocked_2 Ocward?
You meant awkward right?

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-make-a-s...#pid258892