MF Virgo C145WD

I'm wondering whether this would be a decent defence combo. I've done a few tests in my balance stadium against Storm Pegasus 100RF but I don't have enough time to make some proper tests. And before everyone goes omg why are you using WD on a defence combo instead of WB!? It's cause it is a decent defence bottom and adds more stamina to defence combos and I wanted a change from everyone using WB in defence combos. Can someone do some tests in an attack stadium if they have time. I'll be doing some testing next month when i'm off school and when my Galaxy Pegasus DX set arrives.
Aren't these all top tier defence parts anyway? I'd imagine it would be, well, top tier.
If you don't test new combos then you could not find an amazing combo and then you'll be sad. Unhappy
Yeah it sounds ok to me but I don't know someone will probably test it later on.
Well, it is a very good Defence/Stamina combo in my opinion, but not a top tier I think.
That's what i'm hoping for or i'll test it when my attack stadium comes after i've finished school.
It is a very good combo, and I've had a similar combo: MF Earth Bull C145WD.

Alas, no BB-10 as of yet to confirm what I think.
Why wouldn't your combo be good, you've just taken MF Earth Bull C145WB and replaced one part.
(Jun. 15, 2010  8:37 PM)megablader2 Wrote: Why wouldn't your combo be good, you've just taken MF Earth Bull C145WB and replaced one part.

Honestly MegaBlader stop flaming other people it's getting very annoying looking at your comments... The bottom is arguably one of the most if not the most important part, changing it could make it much better or much worse but say I took this combo and put Storm instead of Earth. I'm replacing "one part" but it makes a really big difference compared to what it was before. So you're unspoken rule of "If you only change one part then it's still good" is inapplicable. Unless someone changed a WB to a B let's say, then it would make a difference but not a very significant one.
don't you tihnk this is sort of a flame? He was complimenting Cpt. Squirrel, and WD is also considered a viable option in top tier defence combos.

If you wish to complain, tell a mod.

Also, personally i think both combos are pretty close to top tier, at least. The only reason it might not be up there is because it's more of a "meeting half way" between stamina and defence.
What!? I wasn't flaming him. I was complementing him if anything. I was saying his combo is gonna be a good one since it's similar to MF Earth Bull C145WB which is a good combo. Also I know WD is a good part for defence, i'm trying to promote it's use through this combo since most people only use WB.
i nevr knew that virgo could be a defence type until i tried it against storm pagasis 100RF except i changed it abit because i dont have WD and a metal face it won 7 rounds out of 10
Yeah the wheel is nearly as heavy as libra.
It's about four grams or 10% lighter.
Rounder than Libra too. There's like nothing for an attacker to catch with the metal wheel to send it flying. The round shape is beautiful. It's actually the big reason I want a Virgo ring.
Great combo,C145 can absorb hits,WD is the most stamina of the D,SD,WD,Virgo is the most stamina wheel in the metal wheel.
(Jun. 17, 2010  10:13 AM)VIEBeyblade Wrote: WD is the most stamina of the D,SD,WD
It WD is very closely matched with SD, and does not necessarily have more stamina.
Also, WD has the most stamina out of D,SD, and WD?
(Jun. 17, 2010  10:13 AM)VIEBeyblade Wrote: Virgo is the most stamina wheel in the metal wheel.
This depends on the mold you have. I must admit that the 5 minute mold of Virgo has great Stamina. However, Earth and Flame outspins the 3 minute mold Virgo occasionally.
Hmmm, I don't have a Virgo mold that can go 3 minutes consistently. I've timed it roughly 10 times, and only once did it break 3 minutes. The other times were 2m30secs-2m45secs.
I reckon this is a great combo because WD is a good combo and Virgo is a good stamina wheel.C145 provides track defense and MF keeps virgo in the middle. id say this is a balance combo between stamina and defense. unfortunately i cant test this cause i broke My WD.
obviously it would be good, if ALL parts are top tier parts for defence, with virgo and WD also being top choices for stamina.
(Jun. 20, 2010  8:56 AM)momiji manju Wrote: obviously it would be good, if ALL parts are top tier parts for defence, with virgo and WD also being top choices for stamina.

I'd disagree since that statement would effectively be saying you can take any of the top tier parts and mix them together and come out with a top tier combo. Storm Bull DF145WD seems particularly bad to me.

Tried it a few times before I knocked it, but while it's good against Storm 100RF due to height differences, every other attack combo just wipes the floor with it. It's too light for it's own good and C145, despite adding weight doesn't do anything for it.

MF Lightning CH120RF, Quetz 90RF, and MF Quetz CH120CS all make really quick work of this "defence" combo.

Something that alerted me to this combo's performance flaw was the difference in solo spin time. My Virgo mold averages around 4m.37s of spin time as Virgo DF145WD, this combo lasts maybe, 3m.33s, that about a 24% loss of stamina. My other Virgo molds average around 3m.24s, and they too experienced a similar % loss., which put their spin times around 2m.46s, not a time I can say impresses me a while lot. MF Earth C145WD out performs this combo on defence and stamina which is just... well, not good.
(Jun. 20, 2010  8:56 AM)momiji manju Wrote: top tier parts for defence
Fine then. Maybe it would be better with a different track such as GB145 or ED145. Also I don't really care about the loss in stamina since it's a defence combo. I was just trying it out.