MF Virgo C145RF

So I've been trying to find a use for my semi-worn RF's and EXTREMELY worn RF's.

I came across MF Virgo C145RF during my search.

Yes the combo is incredibly weird, but results kind of speak for themselves, and today I did my official testing.

It's important to note you need two RF's to really make this combo work, and I wouldn't consider it incredibly competitive considering the RF situations, however it is a nice combo to play around with or set up ahead of time for a tournament.

Semi Worn RF = Attack
Very Worn RF = Defense

The attack combo is very unstable, it takes a very... low tension setting as Brad, G, and I discovered on the 22nd Tournament. RF is a tough little thing to use and a brand new one is just suicide in a tournament. Semi Worn is the only way to go IMO. Regardless, It's pretty simple to explain why this combo hits things out so effectively, low recoil, lots of momentum. The speed it achieves during a sliding shoot is really interesting. The problem is it needs to finish the battle relatively early. Not quite as quickly as Libra CH120RF, but in a very similar time slot. However you either hit your opponent really early, right after launching, or aim to gain a bit of momentum first.

It's only got a 55% win rate against Libra C145WB, however that puts it right up there amongst the top tier attackers. Against Virgo DF145SD it has an 87% win rate, not my preferred use for this combo for sure. Not entirely sure why, but probably because of how rounded Virgo is. Some of the magic behind this combo is to use the opponents recoil against them.

The Defense combo relies on the worn RF's grip, and it's... well, arguable increase in stamina. Versus Storm 100RF (47% win rate vs MF Libra C145WB) it has a 75% win rate. Against Libra CH120RF it has a 60% win rate. This was actually my combo to beat Brad's Libra CH120RF during the tournament, never got to test it there :3

Needless to say this combo's stamina is pretty crappy, not as crappy as Libra CH120RF, especially with the more... worn and rounded RF I have.

That being said I'm making this post for others with worn RF's to try this out, I'd like a bit more feedback on it, because while I believe RF's probably wear down similarly, there might be exceptions. When I get a chance I'll post some pictures of the RF's I utilized for the testing.

For reference, I had my friend over to test once again, so it was a similar setting to a match, as well as the MFB attack stadium. 2 Matches of 20 rounds for each combo. (IE: 40 rounds each).
This combo is fairly good, but have you tried it against a top-tier stamina combo?

Very certain against Virgo DF145D, MF VirgoC145RF would lose to it consistently.

Also, I have noticed that you use Virgo and C145 to counter against MF Libra CH120RF as no matter how the track changes height, the wheel/track will absorb the attacks.

BTW, did try out other tracks for this combo?
If I tried out other tracks, it wouldn't be this combo Uncertain

This combo can be used two ways, attack or defense. It has little to no stamina, kind of like Libra CH120RF.

It KO's Stamina types very easily, hence the attack aspect of it. Versus Libra CH120 and Storm 100RF, MF Virgo C145RF was the 'defense' RF.

However, I would easily scratch this and focus it as an anti-RF defense combo sooner than I'd use it for an Attack combo. It's Win Rate versus Virgo DF145SD is 87%, hardly the 90+ the other top tier Attackers get. It's unlikely for a Stamina combo to outlast a decent attack type combo you know?
...Ok I get it...

But if a Rubber ball/Sharp tip were to come out, this combo will be defeated easily
The same goes for a number of RF combo's, that being said, a Rubber Ball tip would only be really effective for a Defense combo, something designed to defeat an Attack Combo. Posting about the effectiveness of a NON-EXISTENT
part is really pointless. The effectiveness of each combo out currently is entirely dependent on the parts currently available for use with and against them. Theoretical parts that may or may not be released don't matter at all.

... Some of my more worn RF's are essentially Rubber Balls now >>
Could you post an image of your very worn RF? XD
You know, I have actually been thinking that a worn RF would have a good use as a defence tip, because it seems less likely to slide when its hit. IDK how bad it has to be worn though, before its friction is equaled by its effectivness in stopping it from sliding.
One of mine doesn't even have the hole anymore. it can still perform the flower pattern. Not as wildly but it can still do it
If you were to have a RF, but wanted to save it for tournaments and competition, would practicing with a flat be an ok substitute?
(Aug. 24, 2009  4:08 PM)Pepe le Penguin Wrote: If you were to have a RF, but wanted to save it for tournaments and competition, would practicing with a flat be an ok substitute?

no
How long does it take for an RF to wear down though or roughly how many battles???
Sadly I can give this answer fairly well... To get an incredibly nearly rounded RF approximately 1300 battles.

I've learned that continued use of an RF in a single period of time will wear them down. 180 battles in a nearly consecutive fashion wore down an RF incredibly fast, nearly bringing it down to half use in that single period of time. My more recent RF's and my first RF have seen a lot of action over the last few weeks, and each in periods of straight hours of testing.

I would strongly avoid using an RF with HEAVY combo's, Libra CH120RF for instance too much. Spin it when you have to, otherwise practice with it sparingly.

Based off of my recent RF results, I've given up on mint/bareley used RF for regular play. An RF worn (maybe 1/3rd worn) will give consistent results and not be as erratic and difficult o control.
I hate mint RF's. Damn near impossible to control.
(Aug. 24, 2009  9:48 PM)Khel Wrote: I hate mint RF's. Damn near impossible to control.

Use metal faces?
(Aug. 25, 2009  8:53 AM)FelGrand Wrote: Use metal faces?

yeah it's not like this combo uses metal face or anything