MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS

In basic terms, this thing is what could only really be described as "beast".
Blitz will be able to tell you how ferocious this can be, as I chained together 6 KO's before the tournament had started yesterday, he was using MF Earth C145WB.
On a few occasions, even when launched in stamina it's just switched to attack and pretty much pelted anything coming at it out.

MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS vs MF Earth Bull GB145WB:
Attack Stadium
Alternating Shots
Beylauncher for Both
Banking with MF Quetzalcoatl

Results:
MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS: 16 wins
MF Earth Bull GB145WB: 2 wins
Double KO's: 2

The only two major losses were from it being knocked back in to stamina mode, but the main point here is that it's damn near impossible for it to self out unless you more or less miss the stadium.
I honestly found this to be a lot more reliable than RF, and definitely more reliable than what for me has been a let down from R²F.
I'd definitely recommend testing it for yourselves if possible, I'd say it's viable as top tier.

MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS vs Storm Pegasis 90RF:
Attack Stadium
Alternating Shots
Beylauncher for Both
Banking with both

Results:
MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS: Wins 11
Storm Pegasis 90RF: Wins 6
Double KO’s: 3

Now this was interesting.
A good percentage of the wins from Quetzalcoatl CH120CS came from launching in stamina mode as apposed to attack mode.
What seemed to happen, was after getting knocked and switching back to attack mode, there was a higher amount of maintained spin from staying in stamina mode temporarily before going back in to attack (if that makes sense), which seemed to give it a slight edge over Storm Pegasis 90RF which had already lost spin.
Storm Pegasis's wins were all lucky knock outs, most of which resulted in Pegasis leaving the stadiums edge shortly after Quetzalcoatl CH120CS left the play area, apart from one which was just an outspin.

MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS vs MF Earth Wolf DF145SD:
Attack Stadium
Alternating Shots
Beylauncher for Both
Banking with MF Quetzalcoatl

Results:
MF Quetzalcoatl CH120CS: 15 wins
MF Earth Wolf DF145SD: 5 wins

Each of Earth Wolfs wins were purely from out spin, bar 1 which was a lucky knock out when Earth Wolf more or less landed on top of Quetz.
This combo for me is without a doubt top tier for me, and CS even has surprising stamina at a lot of points where it didn't get a direct knock out.
Hm, this is interesting. Could you do tests against an attack and a stamina combination ? Just to see.
Sure, I'll try it out against Storm 90RF. Assuming you mean stamina for the latter, as Earth GB145WB is a defense combination?
(May. 30, 2010  10:51 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: Sure, I'll try it out against Storm 90RF. Assuming you mean stamina for the latter, as Earth GB145WB is a defense combination?
Absolutely, hah.
Added attack results, I'll test stamina tomorrow but right now I feel a little bit tired and ill being honest.
Man CH120 is like the gift that keeps on giving in MFB. I tried Quetz 90CS and was completely unimpressed, I'm curious to try this one.

BTW is it just me, or does anyone else's CS just go into stamina most of the time. When I use Ray unicorno uncustomized it does that A LOT.
Mine is doing that a lot now, whereas it wasn't before. Might be wear issues.
Very interesting results, for me.

I want to snag a CS so bad.
(May. 31, 2010  1:36 AM)♥ Wrote: Mine is doing that a lot now, whereas it wasn't before. Might be wear issues.

See mine never did have very aggressive tendencies to begin with. That or I'm shooting it wrong. However I've tried multiple angles...
I've noticed CS acts better with Banking, especially when worn out.

I'll surely try this in one of my next vids.
(May. 31, 2010  2:30 AM)Khel Wrote:
(May. 31, 2010  1:36 AM)♥ Wrote: Mine is doing that a lot now, whereas it wasn't before. Might be wear issues.

See mine never did have very aggressive tendencies to begin with. That or I'm shooting it wrong. However I've tried multiple angles...

Now that is odd...
For me CS has had aggressive tenancies since the first time I launched it, it's only as I've worn it down a little that it's become less so unless the angle of banking is altered.
What are you doing with it, are you banking, sliding shooting, standard launching?
(May. 31, 2010  3:16 PM)theflightyellz Wrote:
(May. 31, 2010  2:30 AM)Khel Wrote:

Now that is odd...
For me CS has had aggressive tenancies since the first time I launched it, it's only as I've worn it down a little that it's become less so unless the angle of banking is altered.
What are you doing with it, are you banking, sliding shooting, standard launching?

banking, sliding, normal. All of them. Things that would make RF change movement patterns were not working very well with this bottom. I'll need to do more testing, but I might have gotten a lemon. When it goes in attack it's awesome, but when it doesn't not so much.
... I think you may have indeed gotten a lemon :\
This is odd, so maybe there are variances in CS?
If something is wrong with it I would attribute it to an anomaly more than anything. No production process in the world is flawless.

However I need to play with it some more before I come to that decision.
NOOOO!! That is the combo I though during my return in the beyblade world, but I didn't test for lack of parts (cs bottom) XD
Well I'm happy that it works XD
Added stamina results, I think we can safely say this is a pretty worthwhile combo.
So I did some preliminary testing with this. It's very impressive. While mine doesn't always switch from stamina to attack if it gets an early hit KO rates seem to be high.

Looks like the metagame is shifting to heavy attackers.
Did you change the height at all or just left it at 120 for your test?
See now that I wore the plastic part of CS just a bit it works awesome

This combo sends Thermal Pisces Df145SD flying out of the ring.
As I said, CS is a total beast.
I'd personally say this over takes RF as a top tier bottom.
It's not only more reliable, but it's a lot more versatile in personal opinion.
Is this gonna be put on the competitive combos list? Definatly gonna have to get a Quetz and ray unicorno soon.
It'd be nice if we could get some feedback from Kei, assume he has the parts to test this.
If we can get a fairly unanimous decision on it, then I guess it'd be added to the list.
(Jun. 14, 2010  2:04 PM)theflightyellz Wrote: It'd be nice if we could get some feedback from Kei, assume he has the parts to test this.
If we can get a fairly unanimous decision on it, then I guess it'd be added to the list.

Yeah, there is a lot of Beyblade-related things I'd like to do right now, including testing this, but I've got a week left of school ... and thus much work to do haha

I'll try to test this myself ASAP.