MF-M Gravity Perseus [Stamina] 85RS

If you bring up that: he lost 1st because of RS. Of course he would use other combos.
This is the kind of combination you want to ride home about, and make use of it's simplistic yet extremely powerful gimmick. It is clear that this combination can brutally slaughter attackers we have currently, but that is all sort of virtual when it comes to tournaments. It may maul my favourite combination but these results are amazing and I won't make arguments about launches or all the carp since this is undoubtedly capable of defeating LightningBD. I find this is very similar to
MLDCH120XF in the sense results wise since it whole-heartedly elimates all prevalent defense/stamina combinations, yet it has little tolerance for other beys. Fortunately for it attackers are no where near used as much as stamina/defense so much less luck is involved. The opposite being true here.
OK. I understand your point and agree. Smile
([From the OP) MF-M Gravity Perseus 85RS v MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) BD145LRF
Standard Procedure
MF-M Gravity Perseus 85CS: 16 wins (16 OS)
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 4 wins (3 OS, 1 KO)
1 Draw.
Win percentage: 80%

MF-M Gravity Perseus 85RS v MF Beat Lynx (Attack mode?) CH120RF
MF-M Gravity Perseus 85CS: 18 wins (18 OS)
MF Beat Lynx CH120RF: 2 wins (2 KO)
0 Draws.
Win Percentage: 90%
It says Gravity Has a CS in the results even though it says RS....
(Aug. 05, 2011  10:59 PM)Chups Wrote: Valentin placed second in the biggest beyblade tournament so far in 2011 using RS? I'm not sure if he used other combos. He placed second. With RS. But yes it isn't as reliable as CS. But it does manage.

I just want to point out that the combo Valentin used (which Cye built for him haha) was not primarily a Defense type, which is why it wasn't a bad choice for our final match in which stalling clause was invoked. It was more of a Defense/Attack hybrid because of Basalt's recoil/ability to KO and the RS's movement (as is illustrated by the fact that he scored two KOs on my MF-H Basalt Aquario BD145CS!).

Anyways, this is an interesting combo. The ability of Gravity Perseus to spin both directions does make it arguably more versatile than, say, MF-H Basalt Aquario 85RS. Though, I do think Basalt's ability to score KOs through its recoil is an advantage that Gravity Perseus doesn't have to the same extent that Basalt does.
(Aug. 06, 2011  4:21 AM)Kei Wrote: Anyways, this is an interesting combo. The ability of Gravity Perseus to spin both directions does make it arguably more versatile than, say, MF-H Basalt Aquario 85RS. Though, I do think Basalt's ability to score KOs through its recoil is an advantage that Gravity Perseus doesn't have to the same extent that Basalt does.

Would using a semi worn rsf help with this while maintaining it's defense, anyone?
I think that a rsf that can move at least to the tornado ridge would be helpful in making this combo more versatile and well rounded.

Example with rsf:
I use gravity the same way as the OP, I just have to launch weak enough while still maintaining good spin speed so that rsf stays in the centre.

When I need to score a KO like you described like you said with happened with basalt, then I launch powerfully so that I have a movement that is as close as possible to an attack types. Gravity has attack power, so if I'm good enough, a KO shouldn't be impossible, especially since I have right and left spin. This will also help against 'tornado stalling', as Dan mentioned posts ago.

Example with RS:
Same as OP, but then it's like you and Dan describe with it's limitations against types other than attack.
Chups:-I'm quite sorry I can't remember the OS and KO.What mold do you use?I think the mold plays a big role in this combo.I used mold 2.To rustyXD:-Test this against Scythe Kronos BD145CS,please.
(Aug. 06, 2011  2:10 AM)HollowPerseus Wrote: ([From the OP) MF-M Gravity Perseus 85RS v MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) BD145LRF
Standard Procedure
MF-M Gravity Perseus 85CS: 16 wins (16 OS)
MF Lightning L Drago BD145LRF: 4 wins (3 OS, 1 KO)
1 Draw.
Win percentage: 80%

MF-M Gravity Perseus 85RS v MF Beat Lynx (Attack mode?) CH120RF
MF-M Gravity Perseus 85CS: 18 wins (18 OS)
MF Beat Lynx CH120RF: 2 wins (2 KO)
0 Draws.
Win Percentage: 90%
It says Gravity Has a CS in the results even though it says RS....
That might just be a spelling error.
Scythe Kronos BD145CS would OS this , and I lack a Gravity and Perseus stamina , so i can not test.
Then try any Scythe Kronos Combo.If you can't,then I might have to do it myself.I'm waiting for my Scythe Kronos.Another request.MF VariAres BD145RF
Guys. I really recommend someone with the recommended parts to try this out.
Informal testing.
I tested MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS (Arguably the BEST defence combo ATM) nearly every part MINT against this. Just from my 5 informal rounds about 2 were wins to this combo. 2 draws and 1 win to Basalt Kerbecs.
The plastic on Perseus stamina destablized and out span Basalt. After basalt would stop spinning Gravity continued for about 3-5 seconds.
Smile
(Aug. 06, 2011  9:08 AM)Chups Wrote: Guys. I really recommend someone with the recommended parts to try this out.
Informal testing.
I tested MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS (Arguably the BEST defence combo ATM) nearly every part MINT against this. Just from my 5 informal rounds about 2 were wins to this combo. 2 draws and 1 win to Basalt Kerbecs.
The plastic on Perseus stamina destablized and out span Basalt. After basalt would stop spinning Gravity continued for about 3-5 seconds.
Smile

Sounds pretty good but What about the scythe destroy bb180libra made. It's 90 something grams.
Thats an illegal combo...
Still it's a really good defence. Oh try this
Basalt Bull R145WD
Why?It would outspin it anyway.
Chups:This combo might be useful where there are attack metagames such as Italy and Malaysia.I'm gonna use this on The Bey Unseal 17/9/11.Generally,all attackers would have no chance to beat this,since most Malaysian don't use MF MLDCH120XF as I do.
(Aug. 06, 2011  9:08 AM)Chups Wrote: I tested MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS (Arguably the BEST defence combo ATM) nearly every part MINT against this. Just from my 5 informal rounds about 2 were wins to this combo. 2 draws and 1 win to Basalt Kerbecs.
Smile

Wait, so you're saying that MF-M Gravity Perseus [Stamina] 85RS outspun MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS by 3-5 seconds? Something's not right ... it shouldn't even be close to outspinning it at any height.
OP edited with new test. o.O

I will provide video proof if necessary. I believe you have the parts necessary for this Kei?
Video proof would be cool , as i would like to see how it happened. I do believe you though it does sound strange but nobody would lie about spinning tops.

EDIT: Beat won like i thought , did it smash GP very far out of the stadium or did it just get enough on it to knock it out?

EDIT x2 Shika Blade if you don't have the necessary parts don't test the combo.
I can use a RSF varient to test, as my friends RS is worn. MF-M gravity perseus stamina 85RS left spin VS fang defence orso S130RF?
(Aug. 07, 2011  7:29 AM)RustyXD Wrote: Video proof would be cool , as i would like to see how it happened. I do believe you though it does sound strange but nobody would lie about spinning tops.

EDIT: Beat won like i thought , did it smash GP very far out of the stadium or did it just get enough on it to knock it out?

EDIT x2 Shika Blade if you don't have the necessary parts don't test the combo.
It hit it moderately far. A average hit. With the exception of one or two very far ones and 1 or 2 small ones Smile
Does stamina have a huge difference over defense? With defense this is apparently pummeled by Lightning LDrago BD145RF..?
(Aug. 07, 2011  7:25 AM)Chups Wrote: I believe you have the parts necessary for this Kei?

MF-M Gravity Perseus (Stamina) 85RS vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS (170 Height)
MF-M Gravity Perseus 85RS: 1 win
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS: 4 wins
Gravity win percentage: 20%

MF-M Gravity Perseus (Stamina) 85RS vs. MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS (220 Height)
MF-M Gravity Perseus 85RS: 0 wins
MF-H Basalt Aquario TH170CS: 5 wins
Gravity win percentage: 0%

Versus the 170 Height, the matches were admittedly quite close, but there was no contest against 220.
Yeah I only did the tests against TH170 not TH220. Were there any draws in your first test?
Okay, considering I got no response for Stamina vs. Defense CW, Bluez went ahead and did this:

MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF vs. MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS (Left spin, Defense)
MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF win rate: 13/20 (13 KO)
MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS win rate: 7/20 (7 OS)
MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS success rate: 35%

Round 2:
MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF vs. MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS (Left spin, Defense)
MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF win rate: 12/20 (12 KO)
MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS win rate: 8/20 (8 OS)
MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS success rate: 40%

Pretty much on the dot.
Still admirable results. Now unless you're telling me Stamina CW doubles its success rate because of some extra plastic ... Bluezee can probably provide a video too.

Its a real shame he can't post yet, and that this might be going sour against MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF.
As Bluez said to me, jokingly "mauling who now?".

** I should probably mentioned these results won't be attainable unless you're really good with MF Lightning LDrago BD145RF, just like anything, it requires practice to get the most out of things. If you have an insane launch or high skill with the combination, you're good lol. Obviously if you just hop on the LLDBD train today you won't get such results. I'm not being rude or malicious, just honest so we don't have tons of people getting contrary result when they have minimal practice with the combination.
Now italians, eat your heart out:

MF Fang Leone C145RF vs. MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS (Right spin, Defense)
MF Fang Leone C145RF win rate: 8/20 (8 KO)
MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS win rate: 12/20 (12 OS)
MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS success rate: 60%

Yep.

Edit:
I hope you realize you can just leave this combination on left spin? I realize that now since if you weak launch against right spinners its unmovable and equalizes for win anyway. vs. Left spin it will win anyway.
That way it solves the problem I brought up earlier..

with that in mind:
MF Fang Leone C145RF vs. MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS (LEFT spin, Defense)+ Weak launch
MF Fang Leone C145RF win rate: 0/20
MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS win rate: 20/20 (20 OS)
MF-M Gravity Perseus (Defense) 85RS success rate: 100%

Yep x2. Mamma Mia!
I am experienced with MF Lightning L Drago BD145 LRF. I have used in so much I have gone through 1 RF and 2 R2F's using it Uncertain I am quite experienced with it. Anyway. Thanks bluezee for the results and Feedback.

Yes I know. Im just wondering to change it to same spin against attack combos or opposite for spin steal...Minimal as it is.

Thanks for the fang tests as well. Thanks alot Grin I'll do another testing with LLD if you would like.
It's a strange discrepancy really.