MF-H Meteo L Drago TR145EWD

Yeah, so a lot of people have seen me spam this out of boredom, laziness, or an urge to troll. Sniper and I did some tests:

Duo Aquario 230CS vs. Meteo L Drago TR145EWD (Weak Launch)
MLD won by OS - 8/10
DA won by OS - 2/10
Win rate: 80%

Basalt Aquario TH170D vs. Meteo L Drago TR145EWD (Weak Launch)
MLD won by OS - 9/20
BA won by OS - 11/20
Win rate: 45%*
I had trouble with my EWD somewhere in this count. Retests may help

MF-H Phantom Orion BD145CS vs. Meteo L Drago TR145EWD (Weak Launch)
MLD won by OS 10/10
Win rate: 100%

Kreis Cygnus 145WD vs. Meteo L Drago TR145EWD (Full launch)
MLD won by OS - 11/20
MLD won by KO - 3/20
KC won by OS - 4/20
KC won by KO - 2/20
Win rate: 70%

Basalt Pegasis II 230RS vs. Meteo L Drago TR145EWD (Weak launch)
MLD won by OS - 11/20
BP won by OS - 8/20
BP won by KO - 1/20
Win rate: 55%

I noticed that in order to OS Kreis effectively, you needed to full launch. That may be useful somehow.

This is just stuff I've put together in about 2 hours of testing. If you see a right sin stamina combo played in tournaments in your area, feel free to test this guy against it.

Weaknesses:
  • Eternal Tips
  • All tracks below 125
  • Left Spinners

Kei and Arupaeo have seen this used effectively so even if someone calls me out for inefficient tests, I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say I don't play so often to know the recent stamina based combos since I normally play attack.

It should be in whatever the preferred spin stealing mode is (I totally forgot) and the little rollers need to be in a certain spot, too. (I also forgot).

Normally, this combination wins by .5-3 rotations after the "death" of the other bey. It's a terrible choice for stalling clause, but it's a good choice if you know your opponent is going to pick stamina and you want a no-risk win. If you see someone using this against you, banking will help you KO it.
Nice results. Can you test it against some BGrin variants? Id test it but i dont have TR145. What made you decide to use TR145?
I don't have B:D, but last I fooled around with it, they are evenly matched. It will come down to blader spirit.

TR145 adds to the rolling at the end.
You've used this for a loooooooonnnngggg time and IIRC used it at HPT3, right?

Yo, I'll test this but I don't think many people need verification that this combo is great.
Yeah, it's more about how lazy I am with test results.

For the shear fact that it is still not outclassed even though these parts have been out for nearly a year is amazing.
The mode with orange or silver and why weak launch?

Also, what do you want tested? I got any 4D bey you want.
What do you mean 'why weak launch'? It's a spin stealer... Serious
It always the orange color and weak shot is more effective then full launch
(Feb. 20, 2012  6:28 AM)Jaygrazer Wrote: The mode with orange or silver and why weak launch?

Also, what do you want tested? I got any 4D bey you want.
Read up on weak launching. Search Dan's threads for the topic. It's useful and it will explain the intention.

Whatever the preferred mode is for spin stealing. I forget which.
(Feb. 20, 2012  6:32 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: What do you mean 'why weak launch'? It's a spin stealer... Serious

Because I didnt know...

Galaxy

Thx.

dei

Thx again. Ill get Dan for a link.

Dan... Pm time!!! Eee

And I was thinking Scythe Kronos? Its at the 125 limit that you say affects performance, and has an eternal tip, so this should be fun.
MF-H Phantom Cancer TH170D, Phantom Cancer/Aquario AD145WD, MF-H/regular FB Duo Aquario TH170D(both at 195), etc. tests would be more meaningful, for actual outspinning purposes, than RS/CS/Basalt combo tests.

The concept is neat, though.
DO NOT BUG ME ABOUT 10 ROUNDS

MF-H Meteo L-Drago TR145EWD vs MF-H Phantom Cancer TH195D

MLD got 8 OS wins
PC got 2 OS wins

Gear:

BB-10
LL3
LR String Launcher w/ Grip
(Feb. 20, 2012  12:18 PM)Hazel Wrote: MF-H Phantom Cancer TH170D, Phantom Cancer/Aquario AD145WD, MF-H/regular FB Duo Aquario TH170D(both at 195), etc. tests would be more meaningful, for actual outspinning purposes, than RS/CS/Basalt combo tests.

The concept is neat, though.
I only tested the stuff I know it may not OS. I believe it OS's Phantom on any height 145 and over.

I've had this combo around since like, July, but I never posted it because I didn't want it to become mainstream.

Also, my EWD is shot methinks so no more tests for you. Sniper had a working EWD that I used.
Hm...
A Spin Stealing combo after a long time! Grin
I almost thought that Meteo L Drago was out of the frame now, but it seemingly makes a return now!
Also, this thing makes use of some nice parts. TR145 has been a underused part, and its nice to see it here.

Spin Stealing in itself was out of the frame since quite a long time. It would be nice to see this in. In a meta-game where there are more right spin beys than left spin beys; and also where Stamina/Defense supposedly dominate; this might be quite helpful!

Thanks to make mention of this combo, Deikailo! It actually made the most perfect entry. Around July, things like VariAres and Blitz (which were usually seen in tourneys) would have been dangerous. Now, even though they(the Attackers) are still used, Duo/Death/Phantom are more common sights. Now, this might do some damage! Other than the ones you mentioned, I think Diablo might be a dangerous threat for this...
Keeping in mind that this combo is not meant to counter Attack combos, try out some Diablo Defense combos.
Something like MF-H Diablo _____ BD145CS/MB (Um, sorry. I forgot which CW saw the best use with Diablo...)
Ahh the combo you used on me back in January. Had me on the edge too, but damn this combo is good and whatnot. Perfect spin stealer when you're in a stamina based metagame; this should be up on the BeyWiki, I recommend it.
Nice Combo, Deikailo! I'm a big fan of you!
This gives me yet another reason to get MLD.
(Feb. 20, 2012  3:10 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Do you want me to test mf h Meteo l drago bd?
[Image: i1124d95be7efe03c4dcb15.png]

A Free spinning MLD gosh that make it easier to spin steal
(Feb. 20, 2012  3:10 PM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: Do you want me to test mf h Meteo l drago bd?
No. If you look at the weaknesses, it is strongly implied that anything of a lesser height is a weakness. BGrin is very tall so it will just not work.
(Feb. 20, 2012  4:14 PM)Janstarblast Wrote: Keeping in mind that this combo is not meant to counter Attack combos, try out some Diablo Defense combos.
Something like MF-H Diablo _____ BD145CS/MB (Um, sorry. I forgot which CW saw the best use with Diablo...)
Yeah, this combo gets annihilated by attackers.
[img]View My Video[/img]Example from last month tournament of this combo vs MF-H Duo Aquario TH170EWD

View My Video

View My Video

View My Video
(Feb. 20, 2012  6:51 PM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote: Example from last month tournament of this combo vs MF-H Duo Aquario TH170EWD

View My Video

Duo won that first round.

Anyways, I've always thought this was an interesting combo. However, I've never felt safe using it not only because of the aforementioned weakness to Attack types, but also it's weakness to the recoil of other Wheels like Hell and Basalt, both of which are relatively common (Basalt moreso than Hell for a while now, but still). Even if they are not launched particularly aggressively, they can KO this combo without much difficulty.

I'm a bit skeptical that it would actually beat combos similar to the ones that Hazel listed, so I'll try to do a bit of testing sometime this week.
(Feb. 21, 2012  4:20 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Feb. 20, 2012  6:51 PM)Galaxy4Stars Wrote: Example from last month tournament of this combo vs MF-H Duo Aquario TH170EWD

View My Video

Duo won that first round.

Anyways, I've always thought this was an interesting combo. However, I've never felt safe using it not only because of the aforementioned weakness to Attack types, but also it's weakness to the recoil of other Wheels like Hell and Basalt, both of which are relatively common (Basalt moreso than Hell for a while now, but still). Even if they are not launched particularly aggressively, they can KO this combo without much difficulty.

I'm a bit skeptical that it would actually beat combos similar to the ones that Hazel listed, so I'll try to do a bit of testing sometime this week.
Weak launch with literally none of your strength and you should be fine. With attack types, the best you can do is launch from eye level. You'll avoid a few strong hits because you'll still be falling for the attack's prime moment.

This combination you really need to be creative in launching in order to succeed.