MF Escolpio WD145WB: The Forretress

Face: Metal Face
Wheel: Escolpio
Track: WD145
Bottom: WB

Try it out and get mesmerized by its powerful defenseWink
Not that great. Escolpio's Wheel doesn't have great defense, neither does WD145 ...

MF Libra C145WB is better.
(Jun. 15, 2009  10:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Not that great. Escolpio's Wheel doesn't have great defense, neither does WD145 ...

Have you tested the overall combination?
Yes. RF-based combos will take it out.
Escolpio is way too light for defense, even with MF......it has some nice Stamina but it doesn't really compare to other stamina combos so there isn'tmuch use for it at the moment.....that's what Ive found anyways.....:X
(Jun. 15, 2009  10:49 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Yes. RF-based combos will take it out.

(Jun. 15, 2009  11:00 PM)Rocky Wrote: Escolpio is way too light for defense, even with MF......it has some nice Stamina but it doesn't really compare to other stamina combos so there isn'tmuch use for it at the moment.....that's what Ive found anyways.....:X

These seem to be similar experience-based speculation more than cumulative testing results.

What I want is that someone should test it out as I don't have access to Metal Faces and I have already tested it out against:
L Drago 90RF-WF
Aquarrio 90RF-WF
Virgo 90RF-WF
Quetzalcoatl DF145RF-WF
Storm Leone 90RF-WF
(EscolpioWD145WB shot first)
where for 30 matches(Now I only have one RF usable left) in the Attack stadium it had %50 winning rate against RF based ones and %70 against WF.

Therefore, I believe that it will give better results when attached with Metal Face, so I would appreciate it if anyone would go forward and test this combination and right the results accordingly instead of similar experience based speculations...

(Jun. 15, 2009  10:44 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Not that great. Escolpio's Wheel doesn't have great defense, neither does WD145 ...

Doesn't Libra w/ MF based combinations exceed the weight limitations or is it allowed in the WBO gameplay to use it despite its not allowed by TakaraTomy?
(Jun. 16, 2009  2:18 PM)ZenX Wrote: Doesn't Libra w/ MF based combinations exceed the weight limitations or is it allowed in the WBO gameplay to use it despite its not allowed by TakaraTomy?

Yeah, there's currently no weight limit for MFB in WBO gameplay. So MF-Libra combos are fine.
VERSUS Quetzalcoatl 90RF

9 Losses (9 KO, 0 Outspin), 1 Draw (Double KO)

I am truly mesmerized by its powerful defense.
How'd LibraC145WB do? Tongue_out
(Jun. 18, 2009  5:55 AM)Pichuscute Wrote: How'd LibraC145WB do? Tongue_out

Much better. Quetz90RF has a hard time pushing MF Libra C145WB past the Tornado Ridge of the Attack Type BeyStadium. However, with a well-aimed shot and an early hit, even it can't survive ...

As for this combo, I realized I was using B instead of WB, so I repeated the tests. Unfortunately, the results were about the same. MF Escolpio WD145WB scored two wins which I would've classified as lucky wins, but even late hits and slow hits were able to KO it. This has no place in the metagame as a Defense option. At 32g, it's 11g lighter than Libra. 11g is too much of a difference to ignore.
Yeah, that is much lighter. Definitely not the best choice.
(Jun. 18, 2009  6:11 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Much better. Quetz90RF has a hard time pushing MF Libra C145WB past the Tornado Ridge of the Attack Type BeyStadium. However, with a well-aimed shot and an early hit, even it can't survive ...

As for this combo, I realized I was using B instead of WB, so I repeated the tests. Unfortunately, the results were about the same. MF Escolpio WD145WB scored two wins which I would've classified as lucky wins, but even late hits and slow hits were able to KO it. This has no place in the metagame as a Defense option. At 32g, it's 11g lighter than Libra. 11g is too much of a difference to ignore.

Well, I have tested Escolpio WD145WB against Quetzalcoatl 90RF and the result is:

A win ratio of %30 for 50 matches Iceburn [beaten]
and I definitely need a new RF(This was the third one that got trashed for the sake of this customization) Smithicide

However, now I have my hopes on a release of RD(Rubber Defense) as its seems as the only part that would make escolpio useful and distinctive among other defense types...

Edit: [beaten] to Brad on the performance of the customization...
... 30% is not a good win ratio. That's 3/10 matches. That's horrible. And I bet with proper shooting skill, that win ratio can be reduced even more ...

Escolpio will never be better for Defense than Libra.
Well, I have edited the message to rectify the misunderstanding and thanks for testing it...
So you mean it only lost 30% of the time? Something is definitely wrong there, then ...

Sorry man, but this combo is incredibly easy to KO.
(Jun. 18, 2009  7:01 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: So you mean it only lost 30% of the time? Something is definitely wrong there, then ...

Sorry man, but this combo is incredibly easy to KO.

No it only won %30 of the overall matches and you were right all along as it was not fit for being a defense combination...
(Jun. 18, 2009  7:03 AM)ZenX Wrote: No it only won %30 of the overall matches and you were right all along as it was not fit for being a defense combination...

Oh.

OK then. Grin
Is it possible for someone to test MF EscolpioCH120WB, MF EscolpioCH120D and MF EscolpioCH120FS against RF-based combinations Eee
(Jun. 18, 2009  7:09 AM)ZenX Wrote: Is it possible for someone to test MF EscolpioCH120WB, MF EscolpioCH120D and MF EscolpioCH120FS against RF-based combinations Eee

I could, but I can essentially guarantee the results would be quite similar. Why would Escolpio work better than Libra?

11 grams, man.
(Jun. 18, 2009  7:19 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I could, but I can essentially guarantee the results would be quite similar. Why would Escolpio work better than Libra?

11 grams, man.

Because its wheel has less recoil, shorter radius and is thicker in height which would make it make it harder for the opponent to apply its attack properly on it which in the with the inclusion of metal face may compensate for its loss in weight due to its more closed distribution, besides the idea of defense also contains the ways of deflection that with a bottom giving it better movement capacity may use its lesser weight and compactness as an advantage

However, this is all in theory and since I don't have access to MF and CH120 and my RF are far from their useful state, I am not able to test it completely, therefore, I need someone to test as if we may end up with a unique way of customization that would make the game more challenging and joyful Grin
(Jun. 18, 2009  7:31 AM)ZenX Wrote: Because its wheel has less recoil, shorter radius and is thicker in height which would make it make it harder for the opponent to apply its attack properly on it which in the with the inclusion of metal face may compensate for its loss in weight due to its more closed distribution, besides the idea of defense also contains the ways of deflection that with a bottom giving it better movement capacity may use its lesser weight and compactness as an advantage

Unfortunately, none of this can make up for the gigantic gap in weight. Not only that, but the Wheel being longer is actually worse, because it makes it easier for the opposing Bey to get a critical hit ...
(Jun. 18, 2009  7:39 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Unfortunately, none of this can make up for the gigantic gap in weight. Not only that, but the Wheel being longer is actually worse, because it makes it easier for the opposing Bey to get a critical hit ...

Still, it has lesser recoil due to its smoother structure which is essential in preventing the critical hits, as I have said by means of theory it has lots, therefore, I need to test it or have someone test it.

Well, then would you be willing to sell me a set of metal faces and Mad Cancer CH120FS Grin
I think you just want badly for Escolpio to be useful. Unfortunately, it's just way too light ...
(Jun. 18, 2009  7:49 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I think you just want badly for Escolpio to be useful. Unfortunately, it's just way too light ...

No and it does not justify not testing it. Sagitarrio wheel would have been considered total useless now if someone hadn't come up and use it with 90 RF, so it may worth testing these combinations regardless of the weight as for MFB weight is both advantage and disadvantage due to the friction issues...
I think many of us already suspected that Sagittario would high Smash because of its recoil. However, I don't see the evidence that Escolpio is useful. I'll try it tomorrow, but I can guarantee it won't fare well.