MF Basalt Sagittario GB145CS

So, I had just recently came up with an abomination of a combo, and surprisingly, it has done pretty well against what I have...

Solo Spin Time: (avg. after 10 tests) 1: 39: 40

Set-up: BB-10, String Launcher + Grip, Bank + Sliding shoot used for attacks, others launched normally. Sagittario was launched 1st. ALL PARTS ARE SEMI-WORN.

MF Basalt Sagittario GB145CS VS. Basalt Aquario 230CS
MF Basalt Sagittario GB145CS VS. Flash Bull H145R2F
MF Basalt Sagittario GB145CS VS. Phantom Cancer AD145EWD

Hopefully, there isn't something wrong with this, like where it goes or if something similar has been tested before... But if it's good, lemme know what ya think!
(Mar. 19, 2012  12:38 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: So, I had just recently came up with an abomination of a combo, and surprisingly, it has done pretty well against what I have...

Solo Spin Time: (avg. after 10 tests) 1: 39: 40

Set-up: BB-10, String Launcher + Grip, Bank + Sliding shoot used for attacks, others launched normally. Sagittario was launched 1st. ALL PARTS ARE SEMI-WORN.

MF Basalt Sagittario GB145CS VS. Basalt Aquario 230CS
MF Basalt Sagittario GB145CS VS. Flash Bull H145R2F
MF Basalt Sagittario GB145CS VS. Phantom Cancer AD145EWD

Hopefully, there isn't something wrong with this, like where it goes or if something similar has been tested before... But if it's good, lemme know what ya think!

Are you sure those tests on Flash are correct? Flash can easily K.O. a Duo.
(Mar. 19, 2012  12:48 AM)$greenbucks$ Wrote: Are you sure those tests on Flash are correct? Flash can easily K.O. a Duo.

Yes, they are correct. I swear, Basalt kept getting knocked around, but it escaped some of the time, which was why it wasn't as bad as it was for Basalt.
You have the right testin results etc. But Basalt Gb145 CS is known as a defense combo.
um how on earth is basalt gb145cs good? Im starting to question the valitdity of those tests...

MF Flash (Attack Mode) Escolpio S130R2F vs MF Basalt Sagittario GB145CS
Flash: 19/20 (All KO)
Basalt: 1/20 (All KO)

Basalt Win Rate: 5%

Yes fabulous combo bra.....

practice with attack types more? idk what to say...

edit: Dark_Mousy Since when is basalt gb145cs know for defense? It gets tossed by lighting l drago...sure i give you maybe 6 months ago, but times have changed...
I swear, I did these tests and they are valid.

Nothing in this test was biased, and none of the parts are defected in any way.

If you guys really have a problem with the Flash testing and what I got, well, please don't spam this thread with it. This is just what I got. It could work differently for someone else. So please, don't spam this thread with your complaints about the tests, especially the Flash test...
(Mar. 19, 2012  12:55 AM)Meow! Wrote: um how on earth is basalt gb145cs good? Im starting to question the valitdity of those tests...

MF Flash (Attack Mode) Escolpio S130R2F vs MF Basalt Sagittario GB145CS
Flash: 19/20 (All KO)
Basalt: 1/20 (All KO)

Basalt Win Rate: 5%

Yes fabulous combo bra.....

practice with attack types more? idk what to say...

edit: Dark_Mousy Since when is basalt gb145cs know for defense? It gets tossed by lighting l drago...sure i give you maybe 6 months ago, but times have changed...

I said Known. Everyone knows that Basalt is now outclassed by Duo, Death ETC.
Dark_Mousy Sorry I miss-understood your post.

DefStamina88 Do you mind doing benchmark tests for flash? For instance if you have duo, try MF Flash GB145RF vs MF-H Duo BD145CS, so we can understand where your coming from.
Erm, this combo has been known for a long time..? The parts are pretty much outclassed are well.
MF-H > MF
Duo/Death > Basalt
Aquario/Bull/Kerbecs > Sagittario
BD145 > GB145
RS/RB (For pure defense capabilities) > CS
Are you sure you're using that Flash combo correctly..? Because Flash absolutely demolishes Basalt.
(Mar. 19, 2012  1:18 AM)Meow! Wrote: Dark_Mousy Sorry I miss-understood your post.

DefStamina88 Do you mind doing benchmark tests for flash? For instance if you have duo, try MF Flash GB145RF vs MF-H Duo BD145CS, so we can understand where your coming from.

Its ok.

I can do those tests if you wish. If this thread stays open ill do them. But from informal testing Flash demolishes Duo. At yesterdays tournament i presonally had my duo get thrown around my Defstaminas Flash
First off, as Meow! said, I think that you should try practicing with attack types...a lot..
Secondly, the fail of a stamina test shouldn't have those results either. I guess that I could kind of understand if most of Basalt's wins were KOs, but only 3? Phantom should OS any Basalt________CS combination. btw,
EWD? NONONONONONO.
WD? YESHYESHYESH.
Unfortunately, I do not have access to BD145 or any Japanese parts other than Kreis and Flash. I can test this though (since I borrowed Duo for a little):

Flash Aquario GB145RF VS. MF Duo Aquario GB145CS
Flash: 8/20 (all KO)
Duo: 12/20 (all OS)
Flash Win Rate: 40%

I swear, I can use Flash well, and this Basalt combo has held off attacks from Flash, mild trouble, but not getting KO'd.

Edit: @Universe2

MF Basalt Sagittario GB145CS VS. Phantom Cancer AD145WD
Basalt: 14/20 (8 OS, 6 KO)
Phantom: 6/20 (all OS)

..... :\
DJ - Shock! How? I can get essentially 30/30 with that Flash combo..

And your Phantom Cancer testing... Another match up that is very odd..

i smell something fishy
How come you chose Sagittario clear wheel? IIRC, I've seen this combo before like Earth GB145CS, Basalt GB145CS (with Aquario) and the GB145 went from a transition to BD145, making it Basalt BD145CS, a popular defense combo.
Flash should still be doing better than that..
I'd like to see what your Flash skills in the test results, or else your tests against Attack Types are going to mean close to nothing.
Sagittario was chosen because I wanted to see if a symmetric CW affected an uneven MW, like Basalt. It really had a different play style than Bull and Aquario, and considering it saves Aquario and Bull for other combos, I'm happy Sagittario worked out...

@Universe2 Fortunately, I took other precautions and tested Flash against Duo and Basalt.

Flash Aquario GB145RF VS. MF Basalt Sagittario GB145CS
Flash: 9/20 (All KO)
Basalt: 11/20 (All OS)

Flash Aquario GB145RF VS. MF Duo Aquario GB145CS
Flash: 11/20 (10 KO, 1 OS)
Duo: 9/20 (All OS)

Speechless
I highly doubt that a Clear Wheel would make THIS much of a difference on your tests..
I think it did. Sagittario is a bit lighter than Bull and Aquario, and that slight lightness, for me, allowed more evasiveness...
A clear wheel change does not give a 50% boost in ratings though..
Kerbecs clear wheel works better on Basalt. Ill do some tests tomorrow.
For me, it was a 5-10% change in ratings. I promise you, Flash has NOT been able to KO this or Duo for my testing, tests are unbiased, there are no defaults in the parts, how much more proof do you guys need? I know that Flash is amazing and all, but come on, you can't get all advantageous results from it, can you? This was the case for me...
(Mar. 19, 2012  2:09 AM)DefStamina88 Wrote: For me, it was a 5-10% change in ratings. I promise you, Flash has NOT been able to KO this or Duo for my testing, tests are unbiased, there are no defaults in the parts, how much more proof do you guys need? I know that Flash is amazing and all, but come on, you can't get all advantageous results from it, can you? This was the case for me...

So what your basically saying is that, if flash cannot ko duo or this combo and there are no defects or bias, then your launching must be the problem. If that is the case, I don't see much point in the thread....

This combo has been tested back when basalt first came out and was proven to be sub-par to everything in terms of defense.

Oh and btw, his tests against phantom are actually quite believable. With a semi-aggressive cs, phantom flies.

Again I think raigeko is forgetting phantom gets ko'd by a breeze.

Edit: Lol I looked at his tests again....i thought those 10 were ko's.....ko's would make much mores sense, but they're os?! Um ok.....
*sigh* Ok here's the deal, and I'm going to say this as politely as I can:

I can say without a doubt, that when I did these tests, from what I could definitely see (banking, launcher, stadium, parts, etc.), nothing was out of hand or disadvantageous for any of the beys at any given point. These tests are similar, if not exactly like the tests for Flash previously done. I am just giving this combo, along with my tests to show everybody combos, and what they could POSSIBLY do when used. This, as I have previously stated, is what I had gotten for tests. I know several of you got completely different results, but that just means that this combo does not apply to you, and you could just forget about it. For those who haven't heard of it, they can test it themselves and find out for themselves.

Now if we could, can we PLEASE turn our attention off of me testing Flash and getting different results and try to pay attention to how my combo might turn out for people who haven't even tried it? Thank you...
MF Basalt Kerbecs GB145CS VS. MF H flash Sag. H145 RF
The wins are mainly from wall saves.
Fine...here are some more results so we can discuss this combo again with rage Eee
And Meow!, so you didn't know what I was talking about at all Chocked_2

MF-H Basalt Sagittario GB145CS vs. MF-L Phantom Gasher AD145WD
Standard Stamina Testing Procedure
Basalt: 8 (8 KO, 0 OS)
Phantom: 2 (0 KO, 2 OS)
Basalt Win Percentage: 80%

SEE! I don't know how you are getting a single OS..when Phantom OSed Basalt, it was never even close! It was pretty obvious why Basalt won though, CS Grip > WD "Grip" + Basalt Fat Heavy Hammer to Phantom's Face

MF-L Basalt Kerbecs AD145WD vs. Phantom Gasher AD145WD
Standard Stamina Testing Procedure
Basalt: 9 (9 KO, 0 OS)
Phantom: 11 (8 KO, 3 OS)
1 Draw, Redone
Basalt Win Percentage: 45%

Compare.

MF-H Basalt Sagittario GB145CS vs. MF-H Variares R145RF
Standard Procedure
Basalt: 2 (2 KO, 0 OS)
Variares: 18 (18 KO, 0 OS)
Basalt Win Percentage: 10%

Even the old throne holder destroys this. And like in Dark's testing, Basalts wins were froom wall-saves that led to a slowing down Variares getting KOed.