METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE: It's here!

I would love to see a left shooter with this as well. However, it doesn't look like it is time yet. Plus, comments from others that the Wheel design seems to prohibit left-spin shooters from attaching has me worried.
This is true, but if a Wheel could be designed to use only right spin shooters, than so can one for left spin shooters. All that would have to be done is to move the piece of metal that is blocking each side of a Wheel to the other and it would be compatible with a Left spin shooter.

Wolf's Wheel is clearly designed for left spin, so it would be really odd if they didn't include a Left Shooter with it.
I'm not convinced that this piece of metal is prohibiting shooters from being attached; I imagine the left-spin shooter will just be designed differently.
I just wonder how it would be designed, though. I was looking at the Wheel design that attaches to the Shooter, and unless the Left Spin Shooter attached without the hook-like things on the ends of the prongs, I'm at a loss for how it would work.

...unless the Left-Spin Shooter could be designed to attach to a special Left-Spin Track, instead. I could see that: A Track with grooves for Shooter prongs, and the Left-Spin Shooter with longer prongs (as in, extending down farther than the Right-Spin Shooter prongs).

If these current Wheels are only for Right-Spin, I will be rather disappointed, though.
Maybe they can have a left spin face. Where the shape of the face is different from the normal ones and the shooter attaches primarily to it.
I'd be surprised if the Shooter attached to the Track or Face. Seems sort of convoluted.
(Sep. 13, 2008  4:25 AM)Maz Wrote: Maybe they can have a left spin face. Where the shape of the face is different from the normal ones and the shooter attaches primarily to it.
Lefty Loosey (sp?). lol

I don't think they could have a Left-Spin Shooter attach to a screw-like thing. The Beyblade would have too much potential to become loose.

(Sep. 13, 2008  4:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'd be surprised if the Shooter attached to the Track or Face. Seems sort of convoluted.

A Left Spin Track would make the Beyblade able to spin both directions, too. It'd be weird, though, since the different shooters would attach to different pieces. :\
Can anyone show a good picture of the Wheel underside?
(Sep. 13, 2008  4:43 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Can anyone show a good picture of the Wheel underside?

Any?
[Image: DSC08539.jpg]
Hmm ... that doesn't look too promising. I can't imagine why they would've done that unless it was intentional that these would be impossible to use in left spin.
I never noticed this until you mentioned it. Maybe they're intentionally making these just like the first wave of Beys with only 1 direction. Just a random crazy idea.
(Sep. 13, 2008  6:10 AM)G Wrote: I never noticed this until you mentioned it. Maybe they're intentionally making these just like the first wave of Beys with only 1 direction. Just a random crazy idea.

they seem pretty intent to do a lot of things we'd wish they wouldn't so maybe this
I think it would still be possible, however the prong design for left spin would not be a simple mirror copy of right spin. They would go deeper still, by the length of the metal flat under side the wheel.

under stand?
afaik tracks are clear of shooter's prong all the time.
just a possibility
I understand Blue, but why do that? Why go through all the trouble when the design could just be mirrored in the first place? Is there something I'm missing?
ahh yeah good point. regardless of the wheels design, there is no left spin shooter, so there is no way to launch left until takara decide.
lol @ takaratomy
The bit of metal that barricades the opposite side of where the launcher hooks really does seem to suggest that left spin is a no-go.

There isn't even enough space for deeper hooks to bypass that line because the hooks would scrape the handle-shaped part of the track:

[Image: launcherstylekn1.jpg]

However, it really depends how well the hooks keep the Beyblade on. If they were to make left spin launchers they'd either use the same hook design provided someone's tested how well they stay on with the hooks in that direction, or they would just make a dual direction wheel. The latter looking much more probable at this stage. Unfortunately, because testing all our new parts in opposite spin is all part of the fun.

Perhaps the parts, Pegasis especially, broke too much while testing in left and they were already satisfied with right-spin performace. That's all I can think of as to why they would take away half of our customisation possibilities...

Prototypes usually look better and this was the case for Wolf, in my opinion. But it did look a bit breakable before though anyway. Maybe it's just me but I really can't see how it has upper capabilities. I haven't seen any photos that show how much it slopes yet, but upper generally uses smooth sloping.
That's what confuses me about the left-spin situation. Looking at Pegasis, it was clearly designed with left spin in mind ... even looking at the current model, there is still a lot of left spin potential. Wolf also looks like it should work in left spin. So why would they arbitrarily prevent us from using it?