METAL FIGHT BEYBLADE IS NOT BEING DEVELOPED OUTSIDE EAST ASIA UNTIL 2010

(Dec. 29, 2008  6:25 AM)FFX Wrote: Are we even sure that Hasbro picked these up? I would not be surprised if they choose not to.

Nothing is certain yet. It could very well be a company other than Hasbro that picks them up if TAKARA-TOMY decides to bring the franchise back to the rest of the world.
(Dec. 29, 2008  6:25 AM)FFX Wrote: Are we even sure that Hasbro picked these up? I would not be surprised if they choose not to.

i can almost guarantee hasbro will pick this up, why wouldn't they?
(Dec. 29, 2008  8:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

Because they think BeyBlades are old news now. They think they'll fail in the western market..
(Dec. 29, 2008  11:00 AM)Mankster Wrote:

Because they think BeyBlades are old news now. They think they'll fail in the western market..

and you base this on what?
Hm, it's good news if you can say that Brad. I hope they learned from bey last time and B-Daman. If they had, we should be extremely happy.

I honestly thought Hasbro might choose to develop something else after B-Daman was a flop and maybe thus someone else would pick up it.
Hasbro once say they no want fads, but franchise that can be sustained, so Takara-Tomy may have to prove Hasbro that MFB is sustainable series.
(Dec. 20, 2008  11:13 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2008  2:58 PM)BeyUK-Espio Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2008  11:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: i have no problems with this

This would defy the whole point of them being legendary though. Think of all the money people spent on the random boosters, excluding Anubis lol...he got three. There money would have gone to waste trying to get them.

it's our own dumbass fault for paying extortionate prices for spinning tops

i'd rather everyone get to enjoy them

i second that :-)
(Dec. 29, 2008  6:31 AM)Kei Wrote:

Nothing is certain yet. It could very well be a company other than Hasbro that picks them up if TAKARA-TOMY decides to bring the franchise back to the rest of the world.

i hope hasbro picks them up because i think hasbro has had more sucess with beyblade than just about all other companys toys it was one of the biggest toys from 2002 - 2006 and hasbro made alot of cash of them so i think and hope hasbro picks them up

(but the half color ones were weird Joyful_3)
(Dec. 29, 2008  11:42 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 29, 2008  11:00 AM)Mankster Wrote:

and you base this on what?

How BeyBlade is pretty much dead in the western market. Besides us, of course. I'm not sure if they think they'll make enough money off it. I hope they do though.
um beyblade was one of hasbro's biggest hits ever and made them millions upon millions of dollars

it eventually plummeted but every toyline does and their horrible promotion didn't help
The idea behind a product relaunch (see TMNT) is that the appeal that the old toys had will transfer over to a new generation. However, I firmly believe that the other media around the toys will propel the success of the toys much more than the toys will promote the other media. If the media is handled poorly, I don't think they can regain as much popularity as they had.

Bey as of now, based on the old product, is dead. However, since this is a product relaunch, I do not see them pandering to us, as has been said repeatedly. They should be pandering to the people who have never heard of it before.
Exactly, that's the risk. Will it be successful again or will it never get it's feet on the ground.
(Dec. 30, 2008  11:22 PM)Mankster Wrote: Exactly, that's the risk. Will it be successful again or will it never get it's feet on the ground.

itt people pretend to be marketing geniuses
(Dec. 30, 2008  11:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2008  11:22 PM)Mankster Wrote: Exactly, that's the risk. Will it be successful again or will it never get it's feet on the ground.

itt people pretend to be marketing geniuses

No. I'm not. Stop being an idiot and just listen. If you've got nothing good to say don't say it at all.

I'm just saying, we don't know if Hasbro will pick it up and we don't know if it will be successful again in the western market. You keep telling me that Hasbro will definitely pick it up and it will definitely be successful again. Unless you're a psychic you don't know that, no one knows that.

(note by bey brad: didn't mean to edit this sorry)
yeah what do i know it's not like i've personally influenced decisions hasbro has made

nevermind that my old website was the sole reason for a free age division at the world championship and the catalyst for the phantom force series!

you're correct that i can't guarantee hasbro will pick beyblade up, but they'd be stupid not to, and if they don't another company will if only because the previous release was a giant free case study that this line can be incredibly profitable even if you have the marketing ability of a log
(Dec. 30, 2008  11:40 PM)Mankster Wrote: No. I'm not. Stop being an idiot and just listen. If you've got nothing good to say don't say it at all.

lol, please don't tell me what i can and can't say on my own board. people who follow this logic are uncritical and do nothing to push the world forward. that being said, it was just a joke, sorry if you took it personally
(Dec. 30, 2008  11:43 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: yeah what do i know it's not like i've personally influenced decisions hasbro has made

nevermind that my old website was the sole reason for a free age division at the world championship and the catalyst for the phantom force series!

you're correct that i can't guarantee hasbro will pick beyblade up, but they'd be stupid not to, and if they don't another company will if only because the previous release was a giant free case study that this line can be incredibly profitable even if you have the marketing ability of a log

Bolded part doesn't have anything to do with our conversation.

I agree though, they'd be stupid not to. If they don't I'd like to see someone else though. They might not make pointless changes to the products like Hasbro did.
I think it possible for another company to pick it up, but probably difficult considering there's some sort of exclusivity agreement between Hasbro and Takara Tomy. But if Hasbro passes on Beyblade, I imagine another company may be able to option it.

please just do tournaments this time please and market it to hobby stores
(Dec. 31, 2008  12:18 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: please just do tournaments this time please and market it to hobby stores

What do you mean? What else did they do besides tournaments?
nothing, they didn't even do tournaments

i am asking they do them this time
I'm pretty sure I went to an official Beyblade tournament at a shopping centre twice.. I'm not sure if it was by Hasbro though.
Nelvana tournaments through YTV.
Hasbro host a few tournament. Not near as much as Takara did at time.
LOL so do you prefer Hasbro or Takao...I'm convinced Takao are terrible quality, Raykon would understand why..
You must be getting fakes
Takara have much better standards than Hasbro Uncertain
(Jan. 20, 2009  11:40 AM)beybi Wrote: LOL so do you prefer Hasbro or Takao...I'm convinced Takao are terrible quality, Raykon would understand why..
That was crazy,you're driger F just kept on breaking its Weight disck 2 times in a row Confused
dont use driger f