Poll: What do you think?

EPIC!!!!!!
57.14%
Not bad!
28.57%
Meh, it's not really that good.
14.29%
Total: 100% 14 vote(s)
(Aug. 30, 2011  7:36 AM)Bunnii2165 Wrote: This sounds really good...

why not test it out by putting some images we could print out and stick on cards then we could play with friends and give you the feedback...

did i metion? THIS IS AH MAHZ INGH!!!

Yeah, that's exactly what i plan on doing. Though with all the other troubles, finding images to put on the cards might be too much, seen as i'm also starting school the day after tomorrow. But if anything, i will try to make a prototype card frame with all the info on it. And if you guys want, you can help by finding pictures so that those cards aren't just plain text Grin
you could ask some of the graphics people on this site to make you some pictures.
im gonna try get into graphics (taking a course) if im good at it i'll help you...
(Aug. 30, 2011  7:51 AM)Bunnii2165 Wrote: im gonna try get into graphics (taking a course) if im good at it i'll help you...

Well sure, but like i said earlier, these will be just prototype cards so the graphics aren't THAT important. That's why i said even pictures off google would do(well i didn't say EXACTLY that, but sort of xD). Thanks for offering in any case Grin

(Aug. 30, 2011  7:47 AM)Giraton Wrote: you could ask some of the graphics people on this site to make you some pictures.

Refer to my reply to Bunnii2165, please and thank you Joyful_3
Sort of big update on the gameplay(and hopefully it‘s the final change). I have decided that augmentation should also provide some sort of bonus to the spell it augments. Every school will give a specific bonus:
-Aqualibrium gives the augmented spell splash damage(allows the spell to hit the non-targeted wards with a less powerful attack as well.)
-Ignogan - Allows the spell to break an additional manashield if the attack is succesful
-Terrakov - Adds a small ammount of extra attack power.
-Lumar - protects the spell from negative enchantments
-Temnox - discards a card from your opponent‘s hand if the hit is succesful.

Also, If you guys like the TCG, it would be nice if you could tell others about it Joyful_3 Thank you in advance!
(Aug. 31, 2011  2:05 AM)kolosos666 Wrote: -Aqualibrium gives the augmented spell splash damage(allows the spell to hit the non-targeted wards with a less powerful attack as well.)
-Ignogan - Allows the spell to break an additional manashield if the attack is succesful
-Terrakov - Adds a small ammount of extra attack power.
-Lumar - protects the spell from negative enchantments
-Temnox - discards a card from your opponent‘s hand if the hit is succesful.

Nice bonuses,
I really like Temnox bonus Stupid

Hmm I was wondering will there be very strong Incantations which will can only be casted by using weaker specific Incantations?

Because that would be very cool Eee
kolossos, I seriously think you should submit this to SpinMaster.

Want me to show you how?
(Sep. 03, 2011  4:55 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: kolossos, I seriously think you should submit this to SpinMaster.

Want me to show you how?

Well thanks for the offer, but like i said, it's far too early. First off, i'll need to finish the prototype cards( did around 30, 330 more to go. 360 in total, 65 normal spells per schools + 7 incantations per school) and do some play testing. To look at this objectively, this game may be good and all in theory, but i can never really know if it's actually GOOD unless i play it for real! And even after i do that and IF the game turns out to be as good as i hope it is, then i'll see how i'll go about pitching the game to a company. And you gotta remember, bigshot companies like SpinMaster are VERY likely to ignore the idea, or worse, steal it! The latter is a big problem when pitching an idea. So i guess i'll have to do something to prevent things like that from happening!

Also, I've decided instead of having you guys wait a long time for me to finish ALL the cards, i'll post the cards in batches, for every school. So when i finish the first school(Aqualibrium), i'll post a list of cards here so that you guys can have something to read.

P.S: If any of you want to talk about MAGIA, feel free to visit my chat(the link is in my signature).
(Sep. 03, 2011  7:20 AM)kolosos666 Wrote: Well thanks for the offer, but like i said, it's far too early. First off, i'll need to finish the prototype cards( did around 30, 330 more to go. 360 in total, 65 normal spells per schools + 7 incantations per school) and do some play testing. To look at this objectively, this game may be good and all in theory, but i can never really know if it's actually GOOD unless i play it for real!
Always a good business idea, do a dry run first. But, a first wave of only sixty-five cards per School? How many copies of a card per deck can you have?
(Sep. 03, 2011  7:20 AM)kolosos666 Wrote: And even after i do that and IF the game turns out to be as good as i hope it is, then i'll see how i'll go about pitching the game to a company. And you gotta remember, bigshot companies like SpinMaster are VERY likely to ignore the idea, or worse, steal it! The latter is a big problem when pitching an idea. So i guess i'll have to do something to prevent things like that from happening!
You have this thread as evidence, and save several copies of your submission, including the date and all that. Then, if they do steal it, you could sue, I believe.
And FINALLY I'm finished with the first school. Oddly enough, it was far quicker than i imagined! In any case, here they are - the prototype set of Aqualibrium cards. Two notes, however:
1. Please excuse the names, as i'm not so good at coming up with names, but i tried my best, so i hope you'll like them Grin
2. As you will no doubt notice, some of the spells are basically stronger versions of lower leveled spells. I did this because i think it would be cool to have evolving spells.

And with these cards comes an update to the card design and the power/attack mechanics. Basically each card will have a Spell LEVEL, which is an indicator of the spell's strength AND how many cards from the manapool must be tapped. So if a card is lvl 5, it requires 5 mana and if it's lvl 0, it requires no mana etc etc. I think this will make it easier to understand and all around tidier. As for the power mechanics, instead of each card having a SET power(how many manashields the spell destroys), each level will have a set power. So level 0 spells destroy manashield, level 5 spells destroy 2 manashields, level 10 and 20 spells destroy 3 manashields and level 30 spells destroy 4 manashields. This is, of course, if it's a perfect hit. If it's a break-through hit(as in, when your spell overpowers the opponenet's defense spell or ward), only 1 manashield is broken, always(this rule remains the same). UNLESS it says otherwise on the card(as a special effect) this is how the spells will work!

Also, bear in mind i'll list them in the order i created them, not in an alphabetical order. With that said, i present to you:

Aqualibrium, prototype cards
Card list (Click to View)
-------------------------------------------------------------------

PHEW! That was A LOT of writing! Hope you guys like the spells, and please lemme know if you have any comments or questions regarding the spells or the TCG itself Joyful_3
(Sep. 04, 2011  1:46 PM)Odin Wrote:
(Sep. 03, 2011  7:20 AM)kolosos666 Wrote: Well thanks for the offer, but like i said, it's far too early. First off, i'll need to finish the prototype cards( did around 30, 330 more to go. 360 in total, 65 normal spells per schools + 7 incantations per school) and do some play testing. To look at this objectively, this game may be good and all in theory, but i can never really know if it's actually GOOD unless i play it for real!
Always a good business idea, do a dry run first. But, a first wave of only sixty-five cards per School? How many copies of a card per deck can you have?
(Sep. 03, 2011  7:20 AM)kolosos666 Wrote: And even after i do that and IF the game turns out to be as good as i hope it is, then i'll see how i'll go about pitching the game to a company. And you gotta remember, bigshot companies like SpinMaster are VERY likely to ignore the idea, or worse, steal it! The latter is a big problem when pitching an idea. So i guess i'll have to do something to prevent things like that from happening!
You have this thread as evidence, and save several copies of your submission, including the date and all that. Then, if they do steal it, you could sue, I believe.

It's MORE than enough, believe me. You can have up to three copies of each card per deck.

And yeah, i guess you're right, i do have evidence Grin
(Sep. 04, 2011  3:40 PM)kolosos666 Wrote: Very impressive post

That cards list REALLY is impressive. I hope this works out for you.
(Sep. 05, 2011  7:57 PM)Enzoxs Wrote:
(Sep. 04, 2011  3:40 PM)kolosos666 Wrote: Very impressive post

That cards list REALLY is impressive. I hope this works out for you.

Thanks Enzoxs! I hope so too Joyful_3
Just a small update while i'm creating the next batch of prototype cards(Next school is Ignogan, so it's gonna be fiery for sure Joyful_3):
I'm considering changing the name of the TCG because MAGIA sounds similar to Magic(as in Magic the Gathering), so there might be confusion and such. In any case, if i DO decide to change the name, i'll post a poll with 5-6 of my favourite names and you can vote on which one you like best Grin
Hmm, I didn't think it sounded like "Magic". I was pronouncing it (perhaps wrongly, hah) "May-gee-ah".
(Sep. 10, 2011  12:59 PM)Odin Wrote: Hmm, I didn't think it sounded like "Magic". I was pronouncing it (perhaps wrongly, hah) "May-gee-ah".

No no, its pronounced mah-gi(like the g in geese)-ah. I hope this clears things up Joyful_3
This looks like it's coming along really nicely. Perhaps I could assist you with this. I can offer you a clean and professional card template along with a professional website for the game. Message me if you want to discuss this any further or are interested in my offer.
(Sep. 10, 2011  4:41 PM)Medz Wrote: This looks like it's coming along really nicely. Perhaps I could assist you with this. I can offer you a clean and professional card template along with a professional website for the game. Message me if you want to discuss this any further or are interested in my offer.

Well first off i'm glad you like it! Second, as far as the website thing goes, i don't really think i need a website at this point, but thanks for the offer, i appreciate it!

And as far as the card template thing...Are you talking about a minimilistic card template, just so i can start making the cards, or like full-blown awesome-looking graphics template? Either would do fine, but i must say it again that it's still early for that. Once i finish all the prototype cards, THEN i can start making cards with the template and stuff.
I think Ignogan will be my favourite school.

Are the the Ignogan cards done yet?

The suspense is killing me.

IMO your prototype cards should be made with atleast a minimalistic template.
(Sep. 14, 2011  5:04 PM)Medz Wrote: IMO your prototype cards should be made with atleast a minimalistic template.

Well you do have a point. But sadly, even if you DID provide me with a basic template i'm far too busy with school right now to make them. So if you want, maybe you could help by making the prototype cards? Just putting the info i give you into the card templates. If you want to, of course.

(Sep. 14, 2011  4:34 PM)Ultimate Wrote: I think Ignogan will be my favourite school.

Are the the Ignogan cards done yet?

The suspense is killing me.

Oh you'll most definitively love it! It's done and i'm going to post the list tomorrow or the day after that at most!
one word to describe this: AWESOMENESS! you ahould get someone to make an iPad app for this, its swell awesome. if you want, i can do some GFX for 'Magia'!
(Sep. 14, 2011  7:22 PM)Izuma Inzori Wrote: one word to describe this: AWESOMENESS! you ahould get someone to make an iPad app for this, its swell awesome. if you want, i can do some GFX for 'Magia'!

Well when the game is popular enough, finding a programmer wouldn't be a big problem Wink

But first the game has to be tested and it needs to have a fanbase behind it.

And it's great how everybody's offering to help! But like i keep saying, it's far too early for graphics, because no use making graphics for cards that might not even exist in the actual game, ya know? Remember, these are still PROTOTYPE cards which need to be balanced and fixed up.

Anyways, if you're serious about helping, you could start by showing me some samples of your art via PM or in this thread Grin
I like the realistic take and the speed you are processing everything at with this. I actually believe this will do fairly well if you carry on like this.

I read about about an Iphone app, I'd offer to help but I don't code on Apple iOS but I can include a online version of the game on the website (if you did go through with it) so people could essentially play online instead of printing them out and playing. I understand that you find it too early so consider this an offer in advance.
(Sep. 14, 2011  9:55 PM)Medz Wrote: I like the realistic take and the speed you are processing everything at with this. I actually believe this will do fairly well if you carry on like this.

I read about about an Iphone app, I'd offer to help but I don't code on Apple iOS but I can include a online version of the game on the website (if you did go through with it) so people could essentially play online instead of printing them out and playing. I understand that you find it too early so consider this an offer in advance.

Like i said, if it comes to making an online/game version of MAGIA, i have the programming part covered(not personally, of course.).

And actually, i have a very bold vision to incorporate the real-life game and the virtual application, sort of intertwine both. That would include having real cards with codes you can use in the virtual game and a massively multiplayer online world where you can complete quest and immerse yourself in the world of MAGIA and one particularly bold step - Unlock online cards and even CREATE new cards(fuse different elements and schools and everything) which you can then purchase online and have them delivered to you in the real world. But like i said...it's just a bold vision.

For now, i'd like to focus on completing the prototype cards(all 360 of em) and play test the game and see what happens Grin
(Sep. 14, 2011  10:28 PM)kolosos666 Wrote: even CREATE new cards

Good idea in theory, but there would need to be a system in place to stop overpowerful cards from being created, like text, "This card is not allowed to be used in official competitions" or something similar to that. The idea is not all that different from Limitation Text in Yu-Gi-Oh!.