Los Angeles Tournament Report: Mandala Beyclash#2

Big thanks to poliswag for hosting this tournament. And bigs thanks to Toy Mandala for hosting another WBO event.

Meta notes:

Judgement, Zwei, Lord, Perfect Phoenix continue to be the most commonly used layers.  Also spotted a few hell Salamander being used.

Around disk saw some use with Xt+ from what I saw.  

Flare made an appearance but I am not sure about how well it performed. 

The winning combo list I believe will give a good representation of the more popular combos for this tournament once that is up. 

Rule notes:

There seems to be again confusion about a few WBO tournament rules.  I will post a link of 3 particular rules that I encourage everyone to read over once more.  Frankly, these rules seem very fair and simple to understand.  

https://imgur.com/gallery/41bOTFY

Personal notes:

I was very fortunate to win this tournament.  I mostly leaned on Zwei and Judgement in this tournament.  2 of 3 of my finals matches I was able to come from behind with Judgment and Zwei making up lost ground quickly.  Some of the KOs I scored were pure luck for sure.  

This is our (Mitchjett and I) first time using the Goku weight in our decks.  I still believe Goku is currently strictly worse than Diabolos as a heavy option for weight.  I still can’t really figure out why Goku is worse by looking at it.  Like I mentioned on the Meta Maddness podcast, I am starting to believe the 3 part GT layer system does have too much rattle (as suggested by a few Taiwanese bladers).  Diabolos and Lord may have a slight advantage by simply being 2 parts and thus less rattling parts?  I don’t know how to prove this so please consider this pure blind speculation.
(Sep. 08, 2019  8:22 PM)Shindog Wrote: Big thanks to poliswag for hosting this tournament. And bigs thanks to Toy Mandala for hosting another WBO event.

Meta notes:

Judgement, Zwei, Lord, Perfect Phoenix continue to be the most commonly used layers.  Also spotted a few hell Salamander being used.

The winning combo list I believe will give a good representation of the more popular combos for this tournament once that is up. 

Rule notes:

There seems to be again confusion about a few WBO tournament rules.  I will post a link of 3 particular rules that I encourage everyone to read over once more.  Frankly, these rules seem very fair and simple to understand.  

Personal notes:

I was very fortunate to win this tournament.  I mostly leaned on Zwei and Judgement in this tournament.  2 of 3 of my finals matches I was able to come from behind with Judgment and Zwei making up lost ground quickly.  Some of the KOs I scored were pure luck for sure.  

This is our (Mitchjett and I) first time using the Goku weight in our decks.  I still believe Goku is currently strictly worse than Diabolos as a heavy option for weight.  I still can’t really figure out why Goku is worse by looking at it.  Like I mentioned on the Meta Maddness podcast, I am starting to believe the 3 part GT layer system does have too much rattle (as suggested by a few Taiwanese bladers).  Diabolos and Lord may have a slight advantage by simply being 2 parts and thus less rattling parts?  I don’t know how to prove this so please consider this pure blind speculation.

it depends on part Variation diabolos and lord being 2 piece makes it easier to fine-tuned only needing 8 Variations to find the best variation on the hand Goku plus chip needs 16 variations to fine-tune if you did fine-tune it, I'm at a loss if you didn't (randomly put a combo together i.e zwei bahuamut sting dm' Goku without checking to see if it was balanced)  solution watch wombats vid 
2. make sure to do the same with the chip and the weight
(Sep. 11, 2019  2:29 AM)Ravinchen Wrote:
(Sep. 08, 2019  8:22 PM)Shindog Wrote: Big thanks to poliswag for hosting this tournament. And bigs thanks to Toy Mandala for hosting another WBO event.

Meta notes:

Rule notes:

Personal notes:

it depends on part Variation diabolos and lord being 2 piece makes it easier to fine-tuned only needing 8 Variations to find the best variation on the hand Goku plus chip needs 16 variations to fine-tune if you did fine-tune it, I'm at a loss if you didn't (randomly put a combo together i.e zwei bahuamut sting dm' Goku without checking to see if it was balanced)  solution watch wombats vid 
I know about balance tuning and I know about  Wombat’s “Perfect Balance” video.  I actually own one of those Japanese beyblade balancing tools (although it is actually rather useless).  Point is, I do balance my combos when I think it’s appropriate.
(Sep. 11, 2019  3:15 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2019  2:29 AM)Ravinchen Wrote: it depends on part Variation diabolos and lord being 2 piece makes it easier to fine-tuned only needing 8 Variations to find the best variation on the hand Goku plus chip needs 16 variations to fine-tune if you did fine-tune it, I'm at a loss if you didn't (randomly put a combo together i.e zwei bahuamut sting dm' Goku without checking to see if it was balanced)  solution watch wombats vid 
I know about balance tuning and I know about  Wombat’s “Perfect Balance” video.  I actually own one of those Japanese beyblade balancing tools (although it is actually rather useless).  Point is, I do balance my combos when I think it’s appropriate.
like I said if you do I'm at a loss