Los Angeles Tournament Report: LA Burst Classic #2

This tournament was 1 of 2 we ran this weekend.  We ultimately ended up with 27 participants.  I would like to thank Alta, JoJo, ThaKingTai, Justj11., UltimateMaster, instaburst13, Kingz_hero_, and RacingCheetahz for helping out with all aspects of the tournament.

I have posted the winning combinations in the winning combo thread.  Congrats to instaburst13 for winning the tournament.  

Mitchjett and I went to this tournament with the intention of seeing what Baldur can do against the field.  Therefore we both ran Baldur as much as possible.  Baldur does have some weaknesses but it is a very solid choice for defense in my opinion. Offering both good burst and KO defense.  

Throughout the day, quite a few plastic remake layers were used.  I think they are attractive choices as many have strong teeth.  However, I am not certain that many truly have enough stamina or attack to have consistent paths to victory.  I admit I haven’t tested Plastic remakes much and I am only basing this on the matches I have played.  I can be very wrong here but this is my current observation.  

Roktavor, spriggan, V2 were the most commonly used layers for attack from what I saw.  And X’ is the most common driver used for mobile attack as far as I saw.
Link to winning combos for easy reference: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning...pid1521244

I guess βaldur must be the (one of the?) heaviest Layer in Classic, right? How would you compare it to any other defensive options you've tried? What did you go up against with it?
(Jun. 05, 2019  8:20 PM)Kei Wrote: Link to winning combos for easy reference: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning...pid1521244

I guess βaldur must be the (one of the?) heaviest Layer in Classic, right? How would you compare it to any other defensive options you've tried? What did you go up against with it?
As far as I know Baldur is the heaviest.  Easily over 10 grams.  I don’t have all versions so I don’t know if there are differences.  The video game one and the “evil” version seem similar to me.  In my own testing on orbit it is capable of bursting OHD and DHD, Baldur doesn’t OS them if they don’t burst.  

I played against a lot of plastic remakes on R and Et. I was able to OS most of them.  Against attack I faced Spriggan a couple of time and one V2 (Hasbro I think). I was never close to bursting nor was I KOed as far as I can remember.  Ultimately I had trouble against Neptune revolve.  I was able to OS one  Neptue.revolve but not the second one I faced.  I started the finals OSing Neptune Revolve in the 1st round then he correctly stuck to his Neptune and I incorrectly kept trying with Baldur...  By the time I came to my sense and switched to V2.H.X’  I was down 1-4 I think.  I score a KO/burst with V2 and then self KOed. 

I would say Baldur is closest to Gigant Gaia probably.
Ha, yeah βaldur should not be OSing Neptune on Revolve (although I could see it maybe having a chance just because of Orbit). I'm surprised you were able to burst OHD and DHD with it (makes me wonder if they were worn), although I can't say I really tested it too much when it came out.
(Jun. 06, 2019  1:34 AM)Kei Wrote: Ha, yeah βaldur should not be OSing Neptune on Revolve (although I could see it maybe having a chance just because of Orbit). I'm surprised you were able to burst OHD and DHD with it (makes me wonder if they were worn), although I can't say I really tested it too much when it came out.
Both OHD and DHD are pretty fresh out of the box. I only recently started buying single and dual layers.  This is actually one of the reasons I used Baldur.  But obviously I ran into exactly zero D Or O....
Interesting. I just wonder why I never saw people using it in Japan back in the day if that’s the case ... anyways I’ll try it out sometime.