Looking for new staff!

So, Roan steps down, and instead of being concerned about the reason why, you wanna take his place?
I'm sad to hear that you've done this Roan. I didn't see very much of the carp you were getting (other than recently, in the MFB topic), but obviously I wouldn't really know, considering how long I've been here.

Hope things start looking up for you. Smile

(Aug. 27, 2008  10:23 AM)rkayd Wrote: Well now i have a new goal on these forums!!

(OMG MUST BE A BETTER BLADER MUST BECOME BEYWIKI STAFF MEMBER!!!)

No offense rkayd, but your grammar and spelling really are not good, and Admins need to have good grammar and spelling. It's part of the job to be legible with posting, along with being very active.
(Aug. 27, 2008  1:37 PM)ChozenBlader Wrote: So, Roan steps down, and instead of being concerned about the reason why, you wanna take his place?
UUUMMM..... i am concerned because i think hes a really cool guy!
just because i want to become a staff member dosent mean i had any thing to do with roan backing down... i have never said any thing to roan that was mean!
rkayd, no offense but I wouldn't hold your breath. Wink
*Feels slightly guilty*

Um...yeah....Ryan, it's a pain in the carp for me to admit I'm in the wrong here, but I'm sure some of my bitchings have been reason for you to step down. I gave you hard time despite the fact you always had some sort of voice of reason (although it was commonly laced with sarcasm).

I think part of the reason the staff is dogged so is that many believe Brad looks for people with his ideals, many of which are unpopular with some. Don't get me wrong, his end is always meant for good, but the means aren't always much appreciated. Before I start a rantfest like last night I'm going to close my mouth and not reply to any quotes of this post. Sometimes silence can be the best weapon, yeah?

Anyway, I hope you stick around here Ryan, if nothing else for the up-and-coming community.
(Aug. 28, 2008  6:23 AM)Neverender Wrote: I think part of the reason the staff is dogged so is that many believe Brad looks for people with his ideals, many of which are unpopular with some. Don't get me wrong, his end is always meant for good, but the means aren't always much appreciated. Before I start a rantfest like last night I'm going to close my mouth and not reply to any quotes of this post. Sometimes silence can be the best weapon, yeah?

It's so easy to say things like this and then shirk off liability by refusing to respond to comments, right?

Again, people keep saying carp like this but so far nobody has backed any of it up. Get over your prejudices from five years ago already, it's getting old. As I've said time and time again, if you don't like it here, leave. I work too hard to put up with this unappreciative carp.

And no carp I hire people with ideals for the community similar to mine, to do otherwise would be pretty counter-productive and just starting conflict. Where would you like the community to go? What are your ideas for management? Really, I'd love to hear it since you seem to know so well! So go ahead.
People are just too sensitive. As such, management needs to be ready to adapt and have a sense for people and know they react to what is said to them. It requires patience above all else, and is virtually impossible to get it right all the time.

The onus is on the community just as much as it is on the leadership to make the whole thing work (it's a two-way street). There needs to be understanding and patience that comes from the community's side towards the leadership much in the same sense that leaders have to do for their community.

When you don't even try to understand the other party, then the thing falls apart - much like a relationship.

So really, I say to all of you that the responsibility falls on all of us, despite what our role may be in order to move forward. How far it goes depends on you as much as it depends on me.

So you know what; I'll help, if you'll have me. I can be patient. I have been patient. I have the patience to put up with rash words said, and the patience to respond without losing my head. And hopefully, a good example can be perpetuated that will enrich the community as a whole.
(Aug. 28, 2008  7:09 AM)Ominous Wrote: People are just too sensitive. As such, management needs to be ready to adapt and have a sense for people and know they react to what is said to them.

I don't see it as our job to compensate for the insecurities and over-sensitivity of our members.
Which is why I say later in that it is everyone's responsibility to work together.

All leaders can be are good examples and excellent administrators. I'm just saying that it is easier to work with people and communities if you understand them and can meet them on the same level.

Of course, this is me talking in the general sense. I am not making any criticisms about how things are handled here.
(Aug. 28, 2008  2:35 PM)Ominous Wrote: Which is why I say later in that it is everyone's responsibility to work together.

All leaders can be are good examples and excellent administrators. I'm just saying that it is easier to work with people and communities if you understand them and can meet them on the same level.

Of course, this is me talking in the general sense. I am not making any criticisms about how things ate handled here.

You nailed the things I wanted to see happen. There are, or were, a lot of insecure members.
I leave for a day or two and this happens... great.
Right,

Alot of problems have been surfacing in the past few days. Most of them have been stressing out the staff, and causing unnecessary bickering between members. It's gotten to the point that a great staff member has stepped down from his position, and honestly, I believe this is ridiculous.

The staff here work very hard to keep the site running, an information accurate. When they see if some one is wrong, they point it out to keep other members from being mislead by inaccurate information. For some reason, there are some members who believe that the staff here are intolerable tyrants, and that they aren't allowed to voice their opinions, so naturally the staff are forced to rectify. In turn that causes arguments where older members bring up past events that aren't really even valid, or pertinent to the current argument. The staff are again forced to rectify this unfounded fear. The argument keeps going until something really unfortunate happens. In this case a mod stepped down from his position.

In reality there were only two staff members who dealt with these types of occurrences. Roan and Brad. Obviously the burden of constantly having to argue with people has, and is taking it's toll.

With all that said. I want to offer my services as a staff member. By no means do I believe that I'd be the best for this position, or even deserve this position, but I know that I can be of some use by helping out with confrontations, and other things staff have to do to keep the forums in order. I'm a relatively new member here, but I feel that offering to help out is the right thing to do. I honestly love this forum, and I spend ALOT of time on here, and I really don't want to see the staff stressed to a point where the forum has to shut down.

Regardless of whether or not I'm chosen to be staff here, I feel we need more staff members that can help deal with these problems, so it doesn't all fall on one or two members.
Though I've only been here for a few days... If I had to vote I'd prolly Pick you Synesthesia. I think that you have a very level head when I comes to this stuff.

Also, By the simple yet effective way you word things you make perfectly clear for things that need to happen and how problems origonate.

Good Job!

-James
(Aug. 28, 2008  9:44 PM)Synesthesia Wrote: Right,

Alot of problems have been surfacing in the past few days. Most of them have been stressing out the staff, and causing unnecessary bickering between members. It's gotten to the point that a great staff member has stepped down from his position, and honestly, I believe this is ridiculous.

The staff here work very hard to keep the site running, an information accurate. When they see if some one is wrong, they point it out to keep other members from being mislead by inaccurate information. For some reason, there are some members who believe that the staff here are intolerable tyrants, and that they aren't allowed to voice their opinions, so naturally the staff are forced to rectify. In turn that causes arguments where older members bring up past events that aren't really even valid, or pertinent to the current argument. The staff are again forced to rectify this unfounded fear. The argument keeps going until something really unfortunate happens. In this case a mod stepped down from his position.

In reality there were only two staff members who dealt with these types of occurrences. Roan and Brad. Obviously the burden of constantly having to argue with people has, and is taking it's toll.

With all that said. I want to offer my services as a staff member. By no means do I believe that I'd be the best for this position, or even deserve this position, but I know that I can be of some use by helping out with confrontations, and other things staff have to do to keep the forums in order. I'm a relatively new member here, but I feel that offering to help out is the right thing to do. I honestly love this forum, and I spend ALOT of time on here, and I really don't want to see the staff stressed to a point where the forum has to shut down.

Regardless of whether or not I'm chosen to be staff here, I feel we need more staff members that can help deal with these problems, so it doesn't all fall on one or two members.

Done. Welcome.
Congrats Dude! I'm happy for you! =D Hope you like your new postition and responsibilitys. (though with the responsibility part it looks like your a natural at this! )
Thankyou very much Brad. I'm very happy to be apart of the staff here!

I look forward to helping out as much as I can.
(Aug. 28, 2008  10:41 PM)G Wrote: Awesome addition I must say.

Glad you agree. We talk on AIM a lot and he's one of the best and most passionate members we've had in ages, I must say.
Awesome Synthesisia! I'm sure you'll do great as a staff member. Smile
Thanks again everyone, and I'll do my best.
I'm happy. Congrats on joining staff.
Proberly one of the members who most deserved this, well done Synesthesia!
Good luck Synesthesia, that's really all I can offer you.
I don't know if Im to late for this but I think I would fit in as a beywiki staff member, because I can help out a lot of new members who are having problems with getting into beywiki. Umm I am good with research so i can help anyone who needs help with research not just with beyblade but with anything.

I can help people out with computer problems I have been blessed with the gift to be good with computers, if any members are having problems with one another the I can try to be the voice of reason. I am a good leader in my school and community so I would also like to put up my leadership skills on the website.

Umm I don't know what else to say really but if i am giving the postion of a beywiki staff member I will do my best to try and get new members help out anyone who needs it, work harder on the way I talk so you all can understand me more, and don't go back on my word because that is how i was rised.

This is my perposal for the postion of a beywiki staff member.