[Long Beach, CA] Tournaments in Orange County or surrounding areas

Thanks for the help, but I'm trying to learn how to do this on my own. I've already read over the rules and memorized them. The date is the 22 of January at 11:30. The location is El Dorado Park Hockey Rink, 2800 N Studebaker Rd, Long Beach, CA. Format is block round robin. Give me a couple days to propose it.
As for prizes 1st will be hades kerbecs 2nd meteo ldrago 3rd ray gil
i might be able to make it,it sounds fun.but i have only been to one tournament before so you will have to help me on the rules. i say maybe because is a little far from me so im not sure,but i will try to make it Eee
i'll be there
(Jan. 01, 2012  10:10 PM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote: Thanks for the help, but I'm trying to learn how to do this on my own. I've already read over the rules and memorized them. The date is the 22 of January at 11:30. The location is El Dorado Park Hockey Rink, 2800 N Studebaker Rd, Long Beach, CA. Format is block round robin. Give me a couple days to propose it.
As for prizes 1st will be hades kerbecs 2nd meteo ldrago 3rd ray gil

ok, Im glad you are doing so, with this we can have tournaments more than once a month Joyful_3 Well, if you need judges, Kyubibey, HKZ, and I are here. There may be months where more than one tournament will be happening in the L.A. area, so please keep me informed of those dates you are going to propose so that I dont propose on the same day.

If you need eight people, I know a few that can make it, add them to the list:
Sylvia07
poliswag
davachu
dezik

just look at he other proposals if you need help on the format.
(Jan. 02, 2012  1:15 AM)poliswag Wrote: ok, Im glad you are doing so, with this we can have tournaments more than once a month Joyful_3 Well, if you need judges, Kyubibey, HKZ, and I are here. There may be months where more than one tournament will be happening in the L.A. area, so please keep me informed of those dates you are going to propose so that I dont propose on the same day.

Sylvia07
poliswag
davachu
dezik

Thanks for the support, Paulie. I think I understand everything except how to do block round robin, which I am doing extensive studying to make sure I fully understand it. I just might propose it tonight if I nail it soon.
(Jan. 02, 2012  1:25 AM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2012  1:15 AM)poliswag Wrote: ok, Im glad you are doing so, with this we can have tournaments more than once a month Joyful_3 Well, if you need judges, Kyubibey, HKZ, and I are here. There may be months where more than one tournament will be happening in the L.A. area, so please keep me informed of those dates you are going to propose so that I dont propose on the same day.

Sylvia07
poliswag
davachu
dezik

Thanks for the support, Paulie. I think I understand everything except how to do block round robin, which I am doing extensive studying to make sure I fully understand it. I just might propose it tonight if I nail it soon.

oh, no worries, block round robin is easy to do, but writing it yourself is really hard, it takes a while unless you are using some spreadsheet program. The ones I used are really easy to use. I printed them from this website:
http://www.printyourbrackets.com/roundrobin.html

Just use that website, disregard the "team part" all you have to do is pick the number you want in each block (for example I printed three 12 "team" sheets and just crossed out the team part and put a persons name). Such as team 1, team 2 and team 3, I would cross those out and put poliswag, kyubibey, blitzy, etc...
After all the matches are done in each block, you just pick the top one or two etc. people with the highest amount of wins and take them to the finals.
(Jan. 02, 2012  1:36 AM)poliswag Wrote: oh, no worries, block round robin is easy to do, but writing it yourself is really hard, it takes a while unless you are using some spreadsheet program. The ones I used are really easy to use. I printed them from this website:

Just use that website, disregard the "team part" all you have to do is pick the number you want in each block (for example I printed three 12 "team" sheets and just crossed out the team part and put a persons name). Such as team 1, team 2 and team 3, I would cross those out and put poliswag, kyubibey, blitzy, etc...
After all the matches are done in each block, you just pick the top one or two etc. people with the highest amount of wins and take them to the finals.

Wow thats easier than I thought. One question though. What if I print out three 12 team sheets but only 20 people show? Or less/more people show from what was intended? (You should unlock your PMs so I can PM you and not spam)
(Jan. 02, 2012  7:26 PM)blitzydaunicorn Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2012  1:36 AM)poliswag Wrote: oh, no worries, block round robin is easy to do, but writing it yourself is really hard, it takes a while unless you are using some spreadsheet program. The ones I used are really easy to use. I printed them from this website:

Wow thats easier than I thought. One question though. What if I print out three 12 team sheets but only 20 people show? Or less/more people show from what was intended? (You should unlock your PMs so I can PM you and not spam)

ok, just unlocked it. Well, what I do is I print out different numbers, like 3 copies of 12,11,10,9, and 8. I do this just in case a certain amount of people show up. You want to make each block as even as possible. I think that should be it, I think you have everything you need to make the proposal. Is there anything else you need?
Im up for sure. I will defeat you brother!
i can be one of the eight attendies i can definantaly make el dorado is pretty close to me
(Jan. 08, 2012  12:57 AM)aurawolf Wrote: i can be one of the eight attendies i can definantaly make el dorado is pretty close to me

I already have 8 confirmed attendants, but its great to know more people are coming.
So that everybody knows the circumstances : blitzydaunicorn's event will not be approved unless the previous California tournament's results and money are sent. It seems like we have neither of those right now.
I can DEFINETLY make it! I've trained a lot! >,<! Yahhh!
(Jan. 08, 2012  3:42 AM)Kai-V Wrote: So that everybody knows the circumstances : blitzydaunicorn's event will not be approved unless the previous California tournament's results and money are sent. It seems like we have neither of those right now.

I already sent the money from the tournament on December 19th.
I can provide another BB-10 stadium to speed up the tournament.
I sent in the results. I apologize, I havent had internet for a while.
How is the proposal going?
(Jan. 12, 2012  1:41 AM)poliswag Wrote: How is the proposal going?

So far Kai-V did get the money I sent in from the last tournament so we should be able to get this event to work soon. Good thing your net came back Paulie.
I asked blitzydaunicorn a question lately and he has not replied yet. That is the current state of the proposal.
(Jan. 12, 2012  6:49 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I asked blitzydaunicorn a question lately and he has not replied yet. That is the current state of the proposal.

Ok then... hopefully he answers the question soon.
Bumping for interest, I might come if I can connect the train from San Diego to Long Beach and learn how the local bus system runs in the Long Beach area. Anyone else take the bus who lives around there?
(Jan. 16, 2012  10:42 PM)Cyber_Draciel Wrote: Bumping for interest, I might come if I can connect the train from San Diego to Long Beach and learn how the local bus system runs in the Long Beach area. Anyone else take the bus who lives around there?

I am not familiar with the bus schedule, sorry. Maybe someone else is like aurawolf.
In regards to the actual location. I was lurking in google and I stumbled upon this site: http://www.longbeach.gov/park/parks_and_...l_park.asp
Is this the El Dorado park you were talking about?
That should be it hopefully.
(Jan. 17, 2012  8:02 AM)Cyber_Draciel Wrote: In regards to the actual location. I was lurking in google and I stumbled upon this site: http://www.longbeach.gov/park/parks_and_...l_park.asp
Is this the El Dorado park you were talking about?

Yes, but rest assured, we are in el dorado park west so there will be no fees. If you want to take a bus to the east part, its a 5min. walk to west.
This is where the tourney is at http://www.longbeach.gov/park/parks_and_...k_west.asp