London Beyblade Burst Tournament Report: The Sesh

London Beyblade Burst Tournament Report : “The Sesh”

“The Sesh” was a much anticipated and long overdue event for the London Community. We had been trying to plan a tournament for a couple weeks and couldn’t get together and so the expected turnout for the tournament was slim but we ended up with 11 players which was surprising.

This was also the first WBO tournament  to feature Maximum Garuda and it certainly made an impactful debut. Atomic based combos saw plenty of play many players stuck to the current popular combo dF.P.At in their matches. Personally this tournament helped me develop my reasoning in deck format and reminded me that your choices in finals are just as important as the combos you use. 

I’m going to breakdown my run to finals match by match and highlight some of the key matchups and points worth explaining. Apologies for the lack of pictures it was a cold rainy day and everyone was trying to keep warm.

Groups 

Finals 

Final thoughts

Overall mG basically stole the show at “The Sesh” Only L2, Valkyrie and I2 were able to burst it the whole tournament. dF.P.At couldn't hold a candle to mG.7F.At; it’s clearly a solid counter and basically silences any calls for a dF ban. There wasn’t anything too peculiar on the winning combos list. gK did make more of an appearance in the group stage of the tournament dealing with a lot of right spin combos, namely neptune. Legend Spriggan wasn't as prevalent as I thought it would be and hasn't really found it's place in the game yet. The future of the meta is a bit up in the air at the moment, everyone is trying to work out how to deal with mG and while a few layers presented themselves during the tournament the level of consistency is worrying. Atomic is still a huge part of the metagame and I don't see it going anywhere soon. Together mG and Atomic make a powerful stamina combo that has precession and LAD head and shoulders above the vast majority of the combos in the game. It will be interesting to see how the game changes as more people get their hands on RBV7. 

Thanks for reading if you got this far ! If you have any questions feel free to post below. 

The Sesh
London, UK - 22/07/2017

1st - Better LT
Maximum Garuda 7Flow Atomic
Blaze Ragnaruk Spread Atomic
Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic
Xeno Xcalibur Oval Quake

2nd - ~Mana~
Lost Longinus Spread Xtreme
Acid Anubis 8Glaive Revolve
God Valkyrie 8 Reboot

3rd - Basedsamuraij
Maximum Garuda 7Flow Atomic
Drain Fafnir Yell Revolve
Legend Spriggan 2Glaive Atomic
Alter Chronos 4Flow Atomic
Acid Anubis 7Flow Defense
Lost Longinus 4Glaive Orbit
Thanks for such a comprehensive report, @[Basedsamuraij]!

Interesting that some people were finding some success with I2 against mG. I tried it myself after reading this and couldn't get it to do anything against it, but that was on Xtreme. Maybe it does better on Accel. I've actually found that in general, things like gK.H.R and O.H.R are able to burst mG more frequently than regular Attack types. V.H.R can do well too.

Also, I see you and some other people have L2 on Orbit in your Decks. What do you like it for?
I couldn't find any success with I2 either ! I prefer it more on accel as well for the extra stamina since the shape is so aggressive anyways. Both times it burst mG it was pretty late into the match. I'd agree with being able to burst mG more with stationary combos, I was even getting gK.H.Lp to burst mG around 30-40% of the time with a hard launch.

I use L2 on orbit is mainly to combat dF.P.At but it also has a good chance to KO revolve based stuff as well. I like orbit because it has enough stamina to actually outspin dF now and again plus I can control it a bit more than atomic . It's not the best against bR and other L2's on hold or xtreme though.
(Aug. 15, 2017  10:06 AM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: I use L2 on orbit is mainly to combat dF.P.At but it also has a good chance to KO revolve based stuff as well. I like orbit because it has enough stamina to actually outspin dF now and again plus I can control it a bit more than atomic . It's not the best against bR and other L2's on hold or xtreme though.

Is Polish Atomic more popular over there than 4 Glaive Atomic? 4G is harder to KO and more popular in Toronto right now, which is probably why I wouldn't consider something like L2 on Orbit.

And wait, you're saying L2 Orbit can OS dF.P.At sometimes?!
Can confirm that Polish is used more often than 4Glaive, but Glaive is gradually being used more as well. I wouldn’t be surprised if Polish completely faded out here soon.

L2 Orbit has indeed outspun dF Atomic as well if I remember correctly, though it seems a bit hit and miss sometimes imo. Very satisfying when you see it work though.