Livestreaming

Why don't we use live streaming? The WBO has their own paypal channel, sure, but it would be awesome to use live streaming for tournaments, Q&As, debates, tutorials or testing. Livestream.com offers free channels. I think this would be technologically progressive and useful if enough of us took advantage of it.

I created a topic for it because I felt this question/suggestion had room for expansion and discussion. I apologize if I've made a misjudgment.
It'd be a great idea but a lot of Equipment would be needed and it would be difficult to live stream every tourney or even some
I like the Q&A and Debates idea.
Also who would be in charge
If its plausible I'm totally for it
Think it sounds solid. This kind of thing is pretty common in every competitive gaming community. Why not this one?
(Jan. 15, 2011  1:39 AM)JonnB Wrote: It'd be a great idea but a lot of Equipment would be needed and it would be difficult to live stream every tourney or even some
I like the Q&A and Debates idea.
Also who would be in charge
If its plausible I'm totally for it
Internet, webcam, and a computer. That's not too much considering computers have WiFi and webcams built in.

Mods, I would assume.
I believe this is the most innovative idea that the WBO could ever use. I would like to use it for the upcoming tournament in NYC. It would cause WAY less confusion, all combos can be checked by everyone, and rules can be enforced with ease. There is no reason why we can not do this. Great idea Dani
Yeah, and since all of my emails are push, if any of the mods finds anything questionable, they could just email me their concerns should I be broadcasting.
Thats an awesome idea. It could bring the tournament scene to new heights and it would also clear up any speculation on the reliability of certain members, their methods, and ideas. This could be used as a clear indicator for success.
Personally I am way too busy to start doing this, and it is probably that way for the rest of the staff as well, not that it is a bad idea ...
So why don't we start and test this? If you give us permission to use WBO's name, we'll do a few test broadcasts before we use it at the tournament.

We understand that you all have lives which is why Bluezee and I prepared to take some responsibility. I think it's time New York and New Jersey stepped up to the plate. I'm in between jobs at the moment so I can help Bluezee in the meantime.

We won't link anything publically until the committee deems it appropriate and stimulating content for the community.

So what do you say? Would you approve of a beta testing?
I am not extremely familiar with livestreams in general ...

Would it be possible for you to do a beta, and only show it to the Committee ? Just to see what it would be like.
(Jan. 15, 2011  2:20 AM)Kai-V Wrote: I am not extremely familiar with livestreams in general ...

Would it be possible for you to do a beta, and only show it to the Committee ? Just to see what it would be like.
Yeah. IKMV and I can do that on sunday when we practice if you and the committee are available.
It would really be live, hah ? I can try, depending on the schedule.
(Jan. 15, 2011  2:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Personally I am way too busy to start doing this, and it is probably that way for the rest of the staff as well, not that it is a bad idea ...
I like this idea! Maybe the staff could take turns and do it when they are available. And when they are not available, it could be.... "Super Talky/Question Time With Kai-V's Brother Dude!!" That would be amazing with Dude's creative mind. Although, I have a strange feeling that he would do odd things while he was live...
(Jan. 15, 2011  2:45 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2011  2:02 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Personally I am way too busy to start doing this, and it is probably that way for the rest of the staff as well, not that it is a bad idea ...
I like this idea! Maybe the staff could take turns and do it when they are available. And when they are not available, it could be.... "Super Talky/Question Time With Kai-V's Brother Dude!!" That would be amazing with Dude's creative mind. Although, I have a strange feeling that he would do odd things while he was live...
wHat ae u getting at......it's a good idea and such but how will we know?
(Jan. 15, 2011  2:48 AM)Ra Wrote:
(Jan. 15, 2011  2:45 AM)Bey-Heart Wrote:
wHat ae u getting at......it's a good idea and such but how will we know?
i'm saying... The staff could do it like... once a week or so. And when they are all busy and don't have time, Dude could tell us the news and we could ask him questions that he could answer. Cute

Maybe if it gets accepted, it could be a good idea to make a small staff spot for live streamers that way the staff members right now wouldn't have to worry about it, and there would be a new staff position.
(Jan. 15, 2011  3:08 AM)iBslick Wrote:

Maybe if it gets accepted, it could be a good idea to make a small staff spot for live streamers that way the staff members right now wouldn't have to worry about it, and there would be a new staff position.
My guess would be limiting access to community leaders (regular tournament hosts) and veteran members.

We could do like, a "happy hour(s)" if you will, where every day for one scheduled hour we have a different type of program hosted by an assigned member. We could even branch this to the Italian/French/Turkish/Spanish communities as well.

We obviously can't make this anthing like a TV station where it's playing 24/7 (not right away at least), but we could do a time slot so let's say we do 6-7 EST, everyone can know that that will be a regular time and they should tune in. If we record and save everything broadcasted, eventually we should have enough to do 24/7 broadcasting using re-runs.
I hope this doesn't count as a spam when i say that I am interested in this idea (as a viewer) and if you do implement it, i cannot wait to see how it goes ^^

But before you start doing it, my questions are, how long do you think you can keep the "script" going and what will you be talking about exactly? because its not like a livestream of Starcraft match or any other gaming thing, so do you really think it'll be possible to keep it going long enough? (the talk/conversation, etc.). Also, mentioning debate, do you really think the kids will be posting "sensible" subjects to talk about? >.>
This sounds like it would be a wonderful idea. I'm pretty excited to see how this will turn out. Perhaps if it gets big enough and enough people become interested in watching Veteran Members could do Live Q&A's or something like that.
Seems interesting enough, and there doesn't need to be a script. Or a long one anyway.
Just make it something where you could ask questions. And prepare something short to talk about if no one has a question.

For example, upcoming releases, new combos, new updates?

I'm would actually like to do this, if I could.
Just give me the word.
(Jan. 15, 2011  4:14 AM)JÆMS Wrote: I hope this doesn't count as a spam when i say that I am interested in this idea (as a viewer) and if you do implement it, i cannot wait to see how it goes ^^

But before you start doing it, my questions are, how long do you think you can keep the "script" going and what will you be talking about exactly? because its not like a livestream of Starcraft match or any other gaming thing, so do you really think it'll be possible to keep it going long enough? (the talk/conversation, etc.)
I have no idea. This is why we need beta testing.
Everyone should watch the new york tournament on live steam right now

Http://livestream.com/worldbeybladeorganization
Just watched a replay of the live stream today of Deikailo's Birthday Battle Tournament
IMO it was a success.
The placing of the camera could have been improved at some points.( I'm pretty the camera was sometimes blocked by someone's head at some point)

Other then that really small issue which really didn't bother me I think live streaming is great.
Thanks for the livestream Deikailo, I checked it out last night before i went to bed; but i enjoyed watching the test vid more (just giving my honest opinion).
Decided to check this out. Was pretty good. Will make a suggestion though. Might be a good idea to just have someone give some updates or something? Appointing someone to act as a sort of host might be a good idea. As just seeing people going around and hearing a lot of different conversations going on can get quite old.

I just think having someone off camera reading some results or something might be good. Don't know how practical this idea would be...