Lightning Rod! Lightning wheel attack on 230

Lightning strikes in high places, get it?

I tested out lightning l drago sw145mf against staple 230 combos and kcpj's since he beat me last tournament. Here are the results:

Lightning l drago sw145mf vs mf-h basalt bull 230as
Lightning l drago sw145mf vs mf-h hell bull 230cs
Lightning l drago sw145mf vs mf-h earth bull 230cs
Lightning l drago sw145mf vs mf-h basalt bull 230cs
Conclusion: I believe during solo testing, I cannot launch an attacker at full potential considering I don't want to hit 230 during launch to form an instant ko. The results may be much better otherwise. I think it's safe to say that attack is a good method to overcoming 230.

Your thoughts?
Why did you put this in the Bey Marketplace forum?
hmm... WAIT A MINUTE! Why did you use SW145? Any specific purpose? And I thought this was going to be LLDrago 230__, that's what the title made it sound like. I understand MF (works best in left-spin attack and destabilization), but SW145? That track is bad in every way possible. Could you do comparative results against other tracks at 145 height?
(Apr. 01, 2011  12:53 AM)L-Drago Rules Wrote: Why did you put this in the Bey Marketplace forum?

Probably a small mistake....
Hey, I would seriously suggest changing the SW145 variable to H145. Evan has a thread explaining the great power. Also, was there a point where L-Drago too hard to control, I've seen too many videos in which L-Drago cannot land a decent smash with MF due to stabilization problems.
YAA Why? L-Drago Rules is right! This does not make SENSE you'r not buying anything REALLY.
Or are you confused today? You never do things like this!
I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M SAYING THIS, I have marked as REMOVED!
(Apr. 01, 2011  12:56 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: hmm... WAIT A MINUTE! Why did you use SW145? Any specific purpose? And I thought this was going to be LLDrago 230__, that's what the title made it sound like. I understand MF (works best in left-spin attack and destabilization), but SW145? That track is bad in every way possible. Could you do comparative results against other tracks at 145 height?
(Apr. 01, 2011  12:53 AM)L-Drago Rules Wrote: Why did you put this in the Bey Marketplace forum?

Probably a small mistake....
SW145 lines up with the lightning wheel. I see sw145 in many combos during tournaments. I like that track because I can still do heavy banking without scraping and I still have pertrusions.

I did this from my phone and my finger, being larger than the text, selected the marketplace over the customizations forum. A mod will move it.
(Apr. 01, 2011  12:59 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Hey, I would seriously suggest changing the SW145 variable to H145. Evan has a thread explaining the great power. Also, was there a point where L-Drago too hard to control, I've seen too many videos in which L-Drago cannot land a decent smash with MF due to stabilization problems.
Really? I had no recoil, very few self KO's, and every hit was clean. I'm not using sliding shot, just banking.
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:02 AM)Deikailo Wrote: SW145 lines up with the lightning wheel. I see sw145 in many combos during tournaments. I like that track because I can still do heavy banking without scraping and I still have pertrusions.
Oh, so it lines up. I never bothered to but Poison Serpent. But as an alternate H145 could be used. But seriously, in this combo it's all R145. That way theres a first time smash, and theres a better chance of a One Hit-KO.
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:04 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:02 AM)Deikailo Wrote: SW145 lines up with the lightning wheel. I see sw145 in many combos during tournaments. I like that track because I can still do heavy banking without scraping and I still have pertrusions.
Oh, so it lines up. I never bothered to but Poison Serpent. But as an alternate H145 could be used. But seriously, in this combo it's all R145. That way theres a first time smash, and theres a better chance of a One Hit-KO.
Don't tell people what they can use as an alternative if you can't show the work for it.
What mode was SW145 in? Attack or Defense? I don't own one, tis why. And you better tell that to Bey-Heart, for that SW145 section on Beywiki Project needs some serious revision after it goes through this and the statements you've made.
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:17 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Don't tell people what they can use as an alternative if you can't show the work for it.
I didn't in any way give a command. I will also provide testings myself. It will take some time though. Only a 40%? Hmm... ok, we need to try R145, theres no way there will be less than a 60%...
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:21 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: What mode was SW145 in? Attack or Defense? I don't own one, tis why. And you better tell that to Bey-Heart, for that SW145 section on Beywiki Project needs some serious revision after it goes through this and the statements you've made.
Yes, what mode just was this in?
Why would you say bd145? No testing needed, it would make the beyblade round, meaning no smash. You're missing the point of sw145. It serves it's purpose like it does in the show. It's grinds it so slightly that you don't notice it during the hit.

As far as the mold, I have no idea. I got it with the starter set.
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:26 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Why would you say bd145? No testing needed, it would make the beyblade round, meaning no smash. You're missing the point of sw145. It serves it's purpose like it does in the show. It's grinds it so slightly that you don't notice it during the hit.

Exactly what I mean, it would just Spin Deflect. But it never hurts to try. It grinds? Is it like a smash that beings both of them back flying into the wall, or is it a small flick of SW145 that knocks it out? But the R145 is much needed. Your combo will be better smashed with.
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:26 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Why would you say bd145? No testing needed, it would make the beyblade round, meaning no smash. You're missing the point of sw145. It serves it's purpose like it does in the show. It's grinds it so slightly that you don't notice it during the hit.

No... not the mold. We mean what Mode is the SW145 in? Attack or Defense? See, you can push put the 145 part and get the SW145 claws separately, then you turn them and it's in it's attack mode. There is actually a small significant difference.
Do you even understand how this combo works? Uncertain Too much plastic exposed causes self KO.
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:30 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Do you even understand how this combo works? Uncertain Too much plastic exposed causes self KO.
You said you didn't want to cause an instant KO, so I assumed that you wanted a bump off, but still powerful. I was refferring to this what you said:

Deikailo Wrote:Considering I don't want to hit 230 during launch to form an instant ko

Oh well, either way this really proves SW145's grip on 230. Sorry for this dumb question, but if it doesn't get knocked out, is there an EXTREME balance loss?
What mode is L-Drago in "upper" or "multi-hit"?
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:34 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Oh well, either way this really proves SW145's grip on 230. Sorry for this dumb question, but if it doesn't get knocked out, is there an EXTREME balance loss?
Yes, 230 is pushed outside the tornado ridge. When it comes back in, it's hit again, forcing it out.
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:22 AM)BeyBladestation Wrote: I didn't in any way give a command. I will also provide testings myself. It will take some time though. Only a 40%? Hmm... ok, we need to try R145, theres no way there will be less than a 60%...
Don't say "we"when you mean "Deikailo" Uncertain
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:38 AM)Idk Wrote: What mode is L-Drago in "upper" or "multi-hit"?
Not the teeth.
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:38 AM)Idk Wrote: What mode is L-Drago in "upper" or "multi-hit"?
Mostly Upper Mode i believe
(Apr. 01, 2011  1:56 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Don't say "we"when you mean "Deikailo" Uncertain
Not the teeth.
When I say we, I'm referring to the fact that I will try adding to these testings.
Not the teeth? Ok, so it's in Upper. Good, Upper makes a great attack.

I'm sorry for all that confusion.
Obviously it makes a great attack if it killed all of those combos.
I was playing around with MF-H Lightning L Drago CH145 MF against 230 combos the other day. Maybe I'll test more tomorrow.
SW145 is actually really good on here. It gives it enough height to skim the bottom of the wheel before sending it off balance.
funny i've been testing a lot with metal flat against 230 myself lately. it's really tall and surprisingly has pretty good stamina with certain launch techniques.

since it's the height that matters, i don't think using sw14 specifically really matters, unless it's gonna be used also against some low track stuff also.
It does, actually. Check the thread, it's littered with other test results with track changes.
Hey deikailo, could I see comparative results with MF lightning l drago 145 RF.
145? Just 145?

RF won't do it because it doesn't have enough stamina.