Leon 105RF / Leone 105F

I tried both of them against Libra D125B.
These are the winning i recorded.
Leone 105RF vs. Libra D125B = 4-6
Leone 105F vs. Libra D125B= 4-4-2. [Libra won the 2 out of 3 tie breaker]

I think Leone is a good Smash Attack wheel. It has knocked out Libra several times. Sometimes when it had little speed left. What it has though, is big recoil. Say it hits libra, it either stays in the stadium barley, hits a wall to stay in, ot goes in. So if libra didn't go out of the stadium or hit a wall then most likely, Libra won.

I want people to try this combo with a Metal Face. Maybe that will help it stay in the stadium. Also, if you have a 90 track, please use it on both. Reply back with the results and what you feel about this combo. Thanks!
Yeah, I love Leone. An example of the low speed attacking can be seen in my latest video (Leone 105F VS Pegasis 145D)
Yeah thats what inspired me to try it. It actualy didn't surprise me. I new leone's wheel had those little places where it went under. I never knew it could smash a beyblade out like that. I think if i do MF: Leone 90RF, it would be good.
That win record isn't good enough for me to consider it.
I also beleive that this combo is very good. In fact, Leone may have the most smash( or in the top 3) smashing wheels in MFB right now, making its use viable. This should be looked into more as it can definitely be used competitively
(Jul. 19, 2009  5:11 AM)Ozzy Wrote: I also beleive that this combo is very good. In fact, Leone may have the most smash( or in the top 3) smashing wheels in MFB right now

Quetzalcoatl?
Storm?
Sagittario?
(Jul. 19, 2009  5:11 AM)Ozzy Wrote: I also beleive that this combo is very good. In fact, Leone may have the most smash( or in the top 3) smashing wheels in MFB right now, making its use viable. This should be looked into more as it can definitely be used competitively

Stop confusing explosive bursts of inconsistent smash ability with the proven consistent smash attack of Top Tier wheels.
i seriously agree with ozzy, you shouldnt say leone isnt better than saittario until you deeply test it. maybe kool kid wasnt a very good shooter and thats why leone couldnt win more matches. you should test it yourself brad.
(Jul. 19, 2009  9:14 AM)pegasis Wrote: i seriously agree with ozzy, you shouldnt say leone isnt better than saittario until you deeply test it. maybe kool kid wasnt a very good shooter and thats why leone couldnt win more matches. you should test it yourself brad.

Ask and ye shall receive.

LEONE 90RF VS LIBRA D125B

LEONE 90RF: 10 Wins
LIBRA D125B: 10 Wins
DRAWS: 1

===

QUETZALCOATL 90RF VS LIBRA D125B

QUETZALCOATL 90RF: 15 Wins
LIBRA D125B: 5 Wins
DRAWS: 1

===

Notes: Leone's hits are certainly more impressive looking than Quetzalcoatl's, and it has shockingly good Upper Attack, but often fails to hit it far enough to KO. Leone also seems to take a lot of recoil whereas Quetzalcoatl is relative unfazed by its own attacks. Leone is very good at disrupting balance.
I think it's easy to make that mistake when getting into MFB honestly :3

However I'll go straight into the combo and past experience with it having tested it in the past and just this past night.

Leone 90RF:

The wheel definitely has a smash attack, honestly it is probably best considered a hybrid between defense and attack, IMO it's a balance-esque wheel. It has the potential for a strong spectacular smash attack, but compared to a Storm wheel it is lacking, mostly because of how smooth it generally is. This smoothness I think leads to it having an interesting upper attack but while interesting what it lacks is consistence and finish. It also has a ridiculous amount of recoil which I can only theorize the reasoning behind as I do not exactly know the science behind the design and point of impact etc, etc, however it is much more detrimental than a Storm wheel's in my observations. I believe however it manages its smash attack it creates an equal amount of recoil force against itself. This is an interesting drawback and flaw considering it is HEAVIER than both Storm and Quetz.

Overall, I believe its lack of consistency is sufficient for fun, but not a top tier attacker as some may believe. In the same off chance it can produce a wonderful looking smash attack, at the very least a Storm 90RF can do the same within the first 10-20% of the match and still have a more consistent finish later on.

MF Leone 90RF:

This combination seemed really really poor. The stamina I found was really bad. I probably would never recommending a Metal Face on this combination if someone were to ever use it. Not only did it kill it's stamina, but it didn't do much to stop the rather volatile recoil it has.

Overall:

I have no faith in the combo personally, I prefer the consistency of a Storm 90RF (MF Storm 90RF in my case), and would not label Leone 90RF anything above second tier. That being said while his particular combination was a failure, the results have spurred me to investigate the wheel further into my own future endeavors. It may not have a seat in the attack list, but there are others to try and wedge it into. Being realistic though, if we were to ever establish a solid tier list, Leone likely wouldn't be placed too favorably.
see! it isnt bad! now is saj better than leone? i doubt it but.... tests...?
(Jul. 20, 2009  10:31 AM)pegasis Wrote: see! it isnt bad!

did you actually read what we just posted
it was able to draw with LIBRA! remember when we used to search for a libra killer before storm launched?
just forget about this and tell me if saj is better or not please. Smile
(Jul. 20, 2009  10:41 AM)pegasis Wrote: it was able to draw with LIBRA!

Except this is not a very high Defense Libra combo. A 50% win record against this combo is not that good. By the way, I already tested Sag, and it is actually leagues better than Leone:

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Metal-Fa...#pid163600

Libra C145WB (much more Defense than Libra D125B): 12 wins
MF Sagittario 90RF: 15 wins

3 Draws (all KO)

So why don't you just accept that Leone is a bad choice? Storm, Quetzalcoatl, and Sagittario are all better. In fact, I think the 75% wins Quetz got in my test for this was too low. I should've been able to get 80% or higher.

Quote:remember when we used to search for a libra killer before storm launched?

Yes, that was before Storm Pegasis launched. Now we have RF to KO Libra. And we also now know that Virgo can outlast Libra. Libra is no longer the powerhouse we'd thought it to be back then.

You asked us to do tests, we did, and then you ignored the results and analysis we offered. You're not interested in learning, just in convincing yourself a mediocre part is good. However, the fact of the matter is that you need RF to make this work at all, and the Wheel that comes with RF is already better. So this is only a downgrade.
i didnt remember you testing saj. but now after i saw the results. i can say your right!
i never ignored test results. i ask for them cuz i do believe in them, especialy froma pro like you.

thnx
You said "it isn't bad." Which is the exact opposite conclusion that I and Hiro came to.
LOl ok guys. No arguments please! xP
Thank you for testing it brad. now i know NOT to use it.
And to get Flame Sag for its track xP