Legend of zelda Timeline

Dont relay on fighting games for canon, not ever. Not even if it is as legit and awesome as the SSB franchise.

Does that mean Zelda (character) is always being reincarnated as well? Do ypu have a source for this reincarnation? I have never heard that stated before, but I dought that it isn't true. I would be willing to acept that partially as another theory as well (unless there is actual canon behind it)
She was actually joking around!

Less reincarnation, more of just another link later in time. So I guess reincarnation, but not like you're thinking.

I've seen a timeline that breaks down the games into each of their individual timelines (so there's like, 4 or five small ones), and it was called the "mistake-proof Zelda Timeline" or something like that. I think you'd like it, but I can't seem to find it!
Reincarnation? I just can't believe it. I mean look at Wind Waker, that's hardly what you'd call "fate". He got the green tunic because of the Hero of Time. He only went on a journey to save his sister, not the world. He's a completely different person, from a completely different area, and like Shabalabadoo said, he's more like another Link later in time.
(Nov. 10, 2011  5:33 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: She was actually joking around!

Less reincarnation, more of just another link later in time. So I guess reincarnation, but not like you're thinking.

I've seen a timeline that breaks down the games into each of their individual timelines (so there's like, 4 or five small ones), and it was called the "mistake-proof Zelda Timeline" or something like that. I think you'd like it, but I can't seem to find it!

PM me as soon as you find it. I just hope it's name lives up to my expectations of how good the timeline is. =)

Another reason i currently support the legend theory is that not only would it make sense, many timelines theories I have seen have flaws, not all of them were major ones though. I highly dought a perfect solution even exists at this point in the game series, but i guess i am just crazy like that.
Oh hey, you know what? I have heard of what you're talking about! The Litteral Legend Theory!

Yeah, it was from almost a decade ago, and the release of games such as wind waker and Twilight Princess make it completely innaccurate. In Wind Waker it was said that the Hero of Time had lived hundreds of years ago (as has been mentioned), and in twilight princess, there's references such as the Hero's Shade, sages, the Master Sword, an much more.

Before Wind Waker, it was definitely just as valid as the split timeline theory. The Legend of Zelda, Adventure of Link, and Link's Awakening didn't have very many references. A Link to The Past did, but at that time, all they meant was it was before the other 2D games. The literal legend theory also worked with OoT because the possibility of a linear timeline was just as good as a split. If the literal theory was used, the literal legend theory could be implemented easily.

Now it cannot.

By the way, here's a list of references anyone could use if they want to get into Timelineing:
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread...-Resources

I found the timeline I wanted to show you!
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2011/09/the-...-timeline/
It's just a timeline that has all the definite sequels with each other, nothing special
Now those are pieces of information I havent heard of up till now. I have not played WW or TP in years and I completely forgot about that!

However, the literal legend theory and seperate timeline theory arent dead yet. According to the (absolutely brilliant =D) "Fail Safe Timeline" many timelines are fragmented; some are branches while others are seperate altogether. The way I understand it, these are all seperate timelines, or to better explain it, seperate but parrallel timelines coexisting within 1 or more universes. To compare it to something, think of the basis for the highly recognized Dragon Ball series. The setting takes place in "another earth" or an earth which is both the same, and different to that of the normal earth. It exists in another timeline. the seperate timelines could aslo be viewed as different retellings of a legend, so i wouldnt sa the literal legend theory is dead, it has just adapted.

However, this does not mean all of the seperate timelines in the zelda series are not connected besides the obvious parrallels in each game. i am sure that there is a reason there are so many different stories, and eventualy, nintendo will release a game, or will gradualy release more games, that will explain everything and connect everything.

I definatly support this version of the timeline 110%. I cannot wait to see how well this holds up agianst future zelda games. thanks for the links Shabalabadoo =D

Whether or not each Zelda game really does exist in one grand timeline, seperate timelines, legends, a combination of several theories, or something no one could ever predict, i still look foward to playing zelda games for years to come. Maybe one day we will know why the game is named after the character that gets captured all the time (Shiek doesnt count as Zelda doing something other than being captured)
Yeah no problem, we'll have to see what connections Skyward Sword makes with other games, since supposedly there'll be lots of references, both evident and indiscreet. I'm really excited. Plus a golden Wii remote, what's better?
At 1st, i was all like "Wow, a wii game that looks cool, but since wii is wii I will never play it" but then I saw the wii remote and i was like "DUDE! Nintendo is giving away free bars of gold! Totally worth $70!"

Come 11/20/11, i think i willl be slightly disapointed in terms of my profit for that day, but atleast i will have the best Zelda game to date and a golden remote of epic proportions. Wink

years from now, when the wii becomes an artifact, and kids ask me what it is, I will explain it to them. When they ask me about my gold remote, I will tell them only the coolest of the coolest owned those, and that owning one makes you gain automatic social standing and respect. 0_o
I kinda wish Skyward Sword took place after Ocarina of Time. Because it's usually the split that throws people off, and maybe SS could tie it all together. But it's not Uncertain
(Nov. 11, 2011  6:02 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I kinda wish Skyward Sword took place after Ocarina of Time. Because it's usually the split that throws people off, and maybe SS could tie it all together. But it's not Uncertain
I as reading a interview with Myamoto I think and he said skyword sword is the closes game to Ocarina of Time that's before OoT
wait, I thought skyward sword was after OoT and before Twilight Princess, or is it the reverse?
(Nov. 13, 2011  12:34 AM)All Gen Blader Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2011  6:02 AM)NoodooSoup Wrote: I kinda wish Skyward Sword took place after Ocarina of Time. Because it's usually the split that throws people off, and maybe SS could tie it all together. But it's not Uncertain
I as reading a interview with Myamoto I think and he said skyword sword is the closes game to Ocarina of Time that's before OoT
She knows exactly where it is on the timeline.

(Nov. 13, 2011  12:54 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: wait, I thought skyward sword was after OoT and before Twilight Princess, or is it the reverse?

Skyward Sword is the very beginning, before the split. The Master Sword is made in Skyward Sword, so it's only possible it's before the first game that has it, which happens to be OoT.
my zelda timeline so far| SS
OoT
Kid| MM WW |Adult
TP PH
ST
LoZ
AoL
Made same post on the LoZ thread, but here it is anyway:

The Legend of Zelda timeline was released in a book apparently. The book is Hyrule Historia and is available in Japan. It explains the timeline for the series, and it is quite confusing. Most theories are proven true though.

Link to article: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.u...ne-leaked/

So whaddiya think?
I seriously dont see how there could be a timeline. None of the games are supposed to intertwine...All are their own tale.
And the supporting evidence is...

Nothing! Wooo!
(Dec. 26, 2011  8:12 PM)Proto Man Wrote: I seriously dont see how there could be a timeline. None of the games are supposed to intertwine...All are their own tale.

Actually, Minish Cap and the Wind Waker era games are all closely connected. As well as the SNES games, and Link's Awakening. There are really several incidents of linked stories.
(Dec. 27, 2011  12:20 AM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: And the supporting evidence is...

Nothing! Wooo!

Well, the creator said that the games are just based off some adventures of his childhood. I havent honestly looked into it much but from a simple statement like that it has the tone that there isnt a story line. No need to get defensive...
Anyway if I get all this armour in OoT then where exactly did it go?