Layer: Kerbeus (Approved)

Quote:Layer: Kerbeus
Weight: 8.0 grams

Kerbeus is a circular shaped Layer designed for defense. Kerbeus's center, as the name states, depicts a 3-headed dog-like monster named Cerberus spitting flames. Two of the heads represented by the colored plastic underneath the transparent casing are located on one side, while the third is located on the opposite side. Theoretically, this would leave the Layer unbalanced, but in reality the effect is so minuscule that it shouldn't be considered a fault in competitive play. Kerbeus's rim has 16 protrusions, with half of the protrusions being larger. In theory, this characteristic would grind the opponents layer, but in reality it has the reverse effect and that makes it prone to loss by Outspin (OS) and the uneven surface adds recoil. Kerbeus does, however, have decent stamina and defense abilities granted by its circular shape. It was particularly hard to burst and had a mostly balanced design, but other Layers were released and Kerbeus was quickly overshadowed. These are reasons which add to this Layer's position as now outclassed in all categories.

Product List

Kerbeus Central Defense (B-04)
Kerbeus Wing Fusion (B-08)
Kerbeus Spread Accel (B-15 Random Booster Vol. 1)
Kerbeus Heavy Survive (B-15 Random Booster Vol. 1)
Kerbeus (BG-01)

Gallery

Summary

Kerbeus is a layer that is great in theory, but does not execute as well in reality. Kerbeus was no doubt the first go-to Layer for Defense and Stamina customizations, being the 4th Layer released in the Burst generation. Since this first wave of releases though, better options have appeared, such as Odin. Kerbeus has proven to be quite mediocre and therefore should only be bought if you do not have access to better Layers.

Trivia (Only for Beyblade Wiki)

•The Kerbeus Layer bears striking similarities to the Poison Metal Wheel in the Metal Fight Beyblade generation.
You forgot B-08, Kerbeus Wing Fusion.
But seems pretty accurate. gg
You spent so much time talking about how it looks that you forgot how it actually performs. The overall isn't the only place for that.
(Dec. 20, 2015  1:59 PM)*Ginga* Wrote: You spent so much time talking about how it looks that you forgot how it actually performs. The overall isn't the only place for that.

The design affects how it performs. I'll try to add more I guess.

(Dec. 20, 2015  8:55 AM)Neo Wrote: You forgot B-08, Kerbeus Wing Fusion.
But seems pretty accurate. gg

Woops, added. Ty.

EDIT: Anyone know how much it weighs?
I think it weighs 8.0 grams.
Yeah this is good, just update outspin to Spin Finish, just a minor detail really and maybe instead of stamina change it to "a hybrid of both stamina and defense", either than that it's all good, I would say.
(Dec. 20, 2015  3:19 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Yeah this is good, just update outspin to Spin Finish, just a minor detail really and maybe instead of stamina change it to "a hybrid of both stamina and defense", either than that it's all good, I would say.

It's called spin finish now? Cool, didn't even know. Ok, I did the changes.

(Dec. 20, 2015  3:05 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: I think it weighs 8.0 grams.

I'm gonna trust you on this one Tongue_out
It's called Spin Finish in Burst only, but we don't use this lexicon at the WBO and we should only take it if we're also going to use Over Finish ... which seems unlikely.
Kerbeus was basically top-tier upon release; it was the Layer that burst the least, from what I can remember. I do think there should be more description of its performance in that respect, since your current description makes it sound like it was a super bad design in practice from the beginning.

I also agree about not using the expression "Spin Finish" and remaining with "outspin". We need to remember that the wiki is universal, so fans of all generations will read it, and they need to be able to read articles of Beyblades from all generations seamlessly.
I switched it back to Outspin and added information about Kerbeus's better qualities. What else?
I would mention that the abilities are not just minor, probably 'decent' or 'mediocre' would be better. I also think it was specifically good at not bursting, so perhaps you could write something about that in the second-to-last sentene ? I would also compare the shape to the Poison Metal Wheel, since it is so similar.
Did the first 2 things, but I try not to compare intergenerational parts. I can't find the right words, but kinda because the formats are so different that the same design might not have similar performance, so it's kind of meaningless to compare them. (was discussed on 1234BB's Aero Knight MS thread)

I can do it if you want though Tongue_out
The debate with Aero Knight MS was comparing it to a subsequent release, not a previous one. In my opinion, it is fine to compare it to Poison since the resemblance is striking, unlike the three parts involved in the Aero Knight MS debate. Plus, you can say that unlike Poison, Kerbeus's shape does not make it bad because of the new aspects involved in Beyblade Burst.
Is it helpful to compare parts to other parts from previous, incompatible generations? That seems to me more like trivia than gameplay or design analysis.
I did it, but IMO it'd do better in the Trivia section of the Beyblade wiki article, but since this is basically for both sites I don't really know.

EDIT: What brad said.
Oh yes, sure, I forgot there was a trivia section, hah. OK, could you relocate that Poison resemblance information and I will just make the finishing changes to the grammar/syntax/punctuation so this can be published ?
(Dec. 21, 2015  4:33 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Oh yes, sure, I forgot there was a trivia section, hah. OK, could you relocate that Poison resemblance information and I will just make the finishing changes to the grammar/syntax/punctuation so this can be published ?

Done. Thanks.
Alright, this should all be good, except that I remembered mentally objecting to the end of the first sentence. Technically, TAKARA-TOMY designed it to be only a Defense Layer.

(Dec. 20, 2015  7:01 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote: Layer: Kerbeus
Weight: 8.0 grams

Kerbeus is a circular shaped Layer designed to be a hybrid of both stamina and defense. Kerbeus's center, as the name states, depicts a 3-headed dog-like monster named Cerberus spitting flames. Two of the heads represented by the colored plastic underneath the transparent casing are located on one side, while the third is located on the opposite side. Theoretically, this would leave the Layer unbalanced, but in reality the effect is so minuscule that it shouldn't be considered a fault in competitive play. Kerbeus's rim has 16 protrusions, with half of the protrusions being larger. In theory, this characteristic would grind the opponents layer, but in reality it has the reverse effect and that makes it prone to loss by Outspin (OS) and the uneven surface adds recoil. Kerbeus does, however, have decent stamina and defense abilities granted by its circular shape. It was particularly hard to burst and had a mostly balanced design, but other Layers were released and Kerbeus was quickly overshadowed. These are reasons which add to this Layer's position as now outclassed in all categories.

Product List

Kerbeus Central Defense (B-04)
Kerbeus Wing Fusion (B-08)
Kerbeus Spread Accel (B-15 Random Booster Vol. 1)
Kerbeus Heavy Survive (B-15 Random Booster Vol. 1)
Kerbeus (BG-01)

Gallery

Summary

Kerbeus is a layer that is great in theory, but does not execute as well in reality. Kerbeus was no doubt the first go-to Layer for Defense and Stamina customizations, being the 4th Layer released in the Burst generation. Since this first wave of releases though, better options have appeared, such as Odin. Kerbeus has proven to be quite mediocre and therefore should only be bought if you do not have access to better Layers.

Trivia (Only for Beyblade Wiki)

•The Kerbeus Layer bears striking similarities to the Poison Metal Wheel in the Metal Fight Beyblade generation.
Ok, how about now?

(Dec. 20, 2015  3:19 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Yeah this is good, just update outspin to Spin Finish, just a minor detail really and maybe instead of stamina change it to "a hybrid of both stamina and defense", either than that it's all good, I would say.

I need to stop following every suggestion I receive, haha.

EDIT: Actually check it now, lol.
Ah, you should really use the corrected version in my latest post. I changed quite a few small but important things.
Quote:Kerbeus is a circular shaped Layer designed to be a hybrid of both stamina and defense. Kerbeus's center, as the name states, depicts a 3-headed dog-like monster named Cerberus spitting flames. Two of the heads represented by the colored plastic underneath the transparent casing are located on one side, while the third is located on the opposite side. Theoretically, this would leave the Layer unbalanced, but in reality the effect is so minuscule that it shouldn't be considered a fault in competitive play. Kerbeus's rim has 16 protrusions, with half of the protrusions being larger. In theory, this characteristic would grind the opponents layer, but in reality it has the reverse effect and that makes it prone to loss by Outspin (OS) and the uneven surface adds recoil. Kerbeus does, however, have decent stamina and defense abilities granted by its circular shape. It was particularly hard to burst and had a mostly balanced design, but other Layers were released and Kerbeus was quickly overshadowed. These are reasons which add to this Layer's position as now outclassed in all categories.

... Didn't you want this changed though?

EDIT: I changed that part of your post, put it in the OP. Looking good.
(Dec. 21, 2015  5:02 AM)DRAGON KING EX Wrote:
Quote:Snip

... Didn't you want this changed though?

I think she wants you to use hers but replace the first sentence, lol

EDIT: Fix'd
Done. ACTUALLY looks good now .
Cool, in my opinion this is finally all ready to be published, hah. Thank you for writing this and being so prompt in improving it.
This has been uploaded to Beyblade Wiki. Unfortunately, there wasn't a summary section. Also, if someone had good pictures of the Kerbeus Layer (Top view, side vide, underside view), that'd be great. I had to use the one they had that is just a top view of Kerbeus Central Defense, iirc.

http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Layer_-_Kerbeus