[LTD] MF-L Libra D125GCF

MF-L Libra D125GCF

It's been a while since I've done one of these, but here it goes! I've been testing this combination for a little over 2 months now, and I have to say I'm pleased with the results! The idea for this came from Zane Curtis's thread about Libra CH120GCF, it's really similar however his was more anti attacker based while mine is more spin equalizer based. It also works off of the Genbull Dragooon T125GCF combination in Standard format by [)ragon. I'd like to call this an Anti-meta combo but we don't really use that terminology anymore, it literally can beat most Stamina, Attack and Defense combinations, I'd consider it a Balance type. Check it out!

Part choice:

The Launch:

Equipment used:

Tests against Attack types:

Tests against Defense types:

These tests weren't surprising at all, GCF completely OS's these Defenders. If anyone has 2 Libras please test more in this category, especially against Libra 90RSF!

Tests against Stamina types:

Against Balance:

Tests from other Users:

Also, I tried this out for the first time at the last Toronto event called "Jesse's Surprise Birthday Bash" and ended up going 2-1 with it, losing once to an Earth WD combo and beating both a Meteo EWD and a Omega RSF combination.

Seems a little too good to be true, right? Test it out for yourself! I think this combination will add to the discussion on banning Libra. Remember that launch is everything with this combination and matters quite a lot.

Please ask any questions here, and any and all tests are welcome!

Really hope you enjoy this combo Smile

*Just a note that MF-H on Libra is a lot better than MF-L when it comes to dealing with attackers like Omega and Lightning since you want as much weight as possible. Switch accordingly!
awesome combo dude i test something like it before
LMAO this is actually a sick combo. Question though the earth wd that beat it at the tournament what was it specifically? Also can you do testing vs mf-m earth Cancer/Cygnus/Kerbecs 85/90 wd with both a mint wd and a worn one (not so worn that it's illegal though)
(Aug. 18, 2015  12:48 AM)Wally.web Wrote: LMAO this is actually a sick combo. Question though the earth wd that beat it at the tournament what was it specifically? Also can you do testing vs mf-m earth Cancer/Cygnus/Kerbecs 85/90 wd with both a mint wd and a worn one (not so worn that it's illegal though)

It was your combo that it beat lol, I don't remember exactly but you were on a 145 height definitely.

Also, I don't think it'll make much of a difference, but I can definitely test it, I'll get the tests up soon.

Thanks so much guys! Smile
Man, I saw I was tagged in this and I don't even remember posting about that combo you said I posted about ;-; I'm so out of the game now it makes me sad lolz...

Looking back though, it was a beast, so I understand this thing also being one!
In Zane Curtis's thread, he had considered Libra CH120GCF as an anti-attack setup, though with GCF, which plays a vital role in the combo, I'd consider it more of a balance combo. Even though Libra CH120RF is used for anti-attack, would you mind doing some benchmarks against attack with it?

Very interesting, very versatile combo; thanks for the tests, LMAO. Smile
Yup, I can get benchmarks up!

Thanks Zane and Mitsu! Smile
It's an interesting combo, similar to the Meteo S130GCF I've been playing around with lately. You said the height change from CH120 to D125 made a difference in how easy the combo was to KO, but I'm confused as to how such a minor alteration in parts changed the combo's classification from Anti-Attack to Spin Equalizer (which for the most part are two very different types of customizations).

Why did you pick MF-M over MF-L? MF-L has more outward weight distribution than MF-M so it would increase the speed and Stamina of the combo, and I do remember reading somewhere that MF-L is actually heavier than MF-M (though this could be a result of natural weight variations and be different for some people).

I know you don't have two Libras, but if anyone who's reading this does I would appreciate tests against Libra TH170D/other tall Libra Stamina combos.
(Aug. 18, 2015  5:47 PM)Wombat Wrote: It's an interesting combo, similar to the Meteo S130GCF I've been playing around with lately. You said the height change from CH120 to D125 made a difference in how easy the combo was to KO, but I'm confused as to how such a minor alteration in parts changed the combo's classification from Anti-Attack to Spin Equalizer (which for the most part are two very different types of customizations).

Why did you pick MF-M over MF-L? MF-L has more outward weight distribution than MF-M so it would increase the speed and Stamina of the combo, and I do remember reading somewhere that MF-L is actually heavier than MF-M (though this could be a result of natural weight variations and be different for some people).

I know you don't have two Libras, but if anyone who's reading this does I would appreciate tests against Libra TH170D/other tall Libra Stamina combos.

It made it easier to KO against Omega 90RF and Lightning 90RF with CH120, I really have no idea how it was so different but it was. Also the change from Anti-Attack to Spin Equalizer is that when Tri tested it, he tested against the top tier Attack types of that time (earlier limited stages), and it was much better against those attackers since they were much lighter and Libra just did way better against them.

Yup MF-L is heavier, and I just realized I made a mistake, it wasn't MF-M it was MF-L since I had the Metal plate and the plastic core of the MF. So I guess I'll have to go change everything on the thread now lol.

I doubt it would do too well, probably a few KO's here and there and maybe a few OS's, but Libra TH170D should do well against it since it's a heavy Right spin Stamina custom.

Thanks for the feedback!

Also, tests against Earth 90WD and the benchmarks will be up in a bit! I will test it at JesseObre's house!
These results actually look pretty incredible. Thanks for testing this!

You said this thing took out a Meteo EWD combination in competition? That's pretty legit. Sounds like a seriously potent go-to Balance custom (especially with such great results against Omega).
(Aug. 20, 2015  4:46 PM)[)ragon Wrote: These results actually look pretty incredible. Thanks for testing this!

You said this thing took out a Meteo EWD combination in competition? That's pretty legit. Sounds like a seriously potent go-to Balance custom (especially with such great results against Omega).

Thank you Smile

Yup, I was facing Kei, and because Meteo is so light and paired with EWD it's extremely easy to KO. Kei just randomly picked Meteo for some reason, so it was surprising.
Hahaha, comparing this to my thread on Libra CH120RF shows just how much the community's baseline of quality has improved: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Libra-CH120RF

Congrats on your great discovery!
Thanks Brad Smile

That combo is still super relevant today which is crazy! It definitely is the best Anti-attacker!
Ah, I should get back into the testing spirit.
I will definitely do some tests on this soon and post them. Anything you want me to test against?
Just Libra TH170D and Libra 85RS, that should be fine! It'll probably lose to Libra TH170D because it does not do well against right spin stamina.

Thanks for the help!
Great Job LMAO! I love to improved some great combos and this one is just Amazing!
(Aug. 20, 2015  5:36 PM)loyd87 Wrote: Great Job LMAO! I love to improved some great combos and this one is just Amazing!

Thank you so much Loyd! Smile

Just finished 20 rounds against MF-L Earth Cancer 90WD, here are the tests:

MF-L Libra D125GCF vs MF-L Earth Cancer 90WD

Libra wins: 5 (All KO's)
Earth Cancer wins: 15 (All OS's)

Libra win percentage: 25%

As I've mentioned before, the biggest counter to this combination is right spin stamina, specifically low track. It tends to do a little better against a 145-170 height.
MF-H Libra D125GCF vs MF Libra 85RS
Libra D125GCF:10 OS
Libra 85RS:0
Libra D125GCF Win Rate:100%
(Aug. 20, 2015  9:30 PM)UltimateOrion Wrote: MF-H Libra D125GCF vs MF Libra 85RS
Libra D125GCF:10 OS
Libra 85RS:0
Libra D125GCF Win Rate:100%

Thank you for those, I will add them to the OP Smile

Also, if you or anyone else can, can you test against MF Libra 230RS?
Equipment:
Karabiner Grip, Yellow String Launcher, Red Launcher Rubber
Prime R2F

Tests:

MF-L Libra D125GCF vs MF-H Pegasis 90R2F
Libra: Wins 12/20 (5 KO's, 7 OS')
Pegasis: Wins 8/20 (All KO's)
Libra 60% Win Rate

MF-L Libra D125GCF vs MF-H Scythe Gemios 85R2F
Libra: Wins 8/20 (6 KO's, 2 OS')
Scythe: Wins 12/20 (11 KO's, 1 OS)
Libra 40% Win Rate

I was really surprised to see no draws and an OS by Scythe haha, really weird combo, but it seems to work.
Hey, thanks for the tests! I'll add them to the OP!

Also, did you light launch with Libra or?
(Aug. 21, 2015  9:51 PM)LMAO Wrote: Hey, thanks for the tests! I'll add them to the OP!

Also, did you light launch with Libra or?

I did a moderate launch for both the beys, and i alternated who goes first every 10 rounds.
MF-L Libra D125GCF vs. MF-H Omega Horuseus 90R2F
Libra: 11/20 (9 OS, 2 KO) 55% win rate.
OH: 9/20 (ALL KO) 45% win rate.

Because of little grip/friction with the stadium, Libra was much more easily knocked out. I'm not that surprised, however. Balance type Beyblades generally aren't better than a full type. Really wasn't expecting it to be better than a straight up defense combo by any means.

Still really happy with the versatility that this combo has Smile
(Aug. 22, 2015  2:13 AM)Mitsu Wrote: MF-L Libra D125GCF vs. MF-H Omega Horuseus 90R2F
Libra: 11/20 (9 OS, 2 KO) 55% win rate.
OH: 9/20 (ALL KO) 45% win rate.

Because of little grip/friction with the stadium, Libra was much more easily knocked out. I'm not that surprised, however. Balance type Beyblades generally aren't better than a full type. Really wasn't expecting it to be better than a straight up defense combo by any means.

Still really happy with the versatility that this combo has Smile

Thanks for the testing Daniel! I'll add to the OP!

Looks like it doesn't do to well against attackers under 100, if you don't mind can you re-do the tests however somewhat light launching Libra? I've done a few little tests with it and it seems to do a little better! It would be greatly appreciated Smile