[LTD]Aquario Discussion(Metal Wheel)

Poll: Is Aquario Top-Tier for Balance/Attack?

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!
25.00%
Most likely.
25.00%
Maybe
25.00%
Needs more tests
16.67%
Tier 2/3
0%
No.
8.33%
Total: 100% 12 vote(s)
Aquario Discussion:

I recieved my Aquario a few days back and noticed it looked really aggresive. And there's not a thread for it, so... Anyways, I really love this metal wheel. I've gotten better results with it against Defense than Omega and Lightning.

Metal Wheel's Use:

I've only found uses of Aquario in attack(Actually works better or equal than Omega in my testing) and I've used it a bit for Tornado Staller. It defenitely has more smash than Burn, but less Stamina. But still enough to OS Defense which is the main purpose. More testing will be done soon to compare the two.

Equipment being Used:

The Launch:

Notes:
  • Defense and Stamina combo launched first always. Alternating when against Omega.
  • All self KO's will be re-done.
  • Throughout battles utilizing Scythe variations, I used the AA3 mold.

• Testing:

Images comparing Aquario to other useful Attack wheels:
    Aquario shares those protruscions(However you spell it) that LLD has, and has those slopes of Pegasis. But Aquario has 4 wings giving it more options to KO the opponent.
    I'm just going to ask. Why'd you use W145 on a left spin beyblade XD

That WSF combo might have potential. I actually thought of a combo similar a while ago.
    Well it was good for Stamina, so... lol

That's all you have to say? This thing beat out Omega for peat's-sake, haha. But yeah, it has a lot more smash than Burn and can OS most attackers and doesn't get thrown out like Burn either.
    It's good for stamina because in right spin the wings are pointing downward, stabilizing the bey Tongue_out. Not sure how that works with left spin. Plus, the point if metal is to get most contact with the rubber, which 145 isn't a good height for .

It's tricky with stallers, if you stall the staller (lol) and slide shot the attack type, they might not make enough contact . If you stall both , it depends on the launch order and launch timing a lot with fast tips like WSF and R2F. So someone could come and get totally different results, that's why I'm not surprised.
    That's kinda what you want to do. If you stall WSF, you don't make contact with the apposing attack Beyblade.

I'll try to do more Defense variant testing tomorrow, but my arm is cramping up. >.>
    I concur with your theories on Aquario.
    But in a tournament the opposing blader could read your launch, stall, make contact and KO it.
    Well actually, I sliding shot both Omega and Aquario and Omega didn't KO it.
    (Aug. 09, 2014  5:02 AM)Echizen Wrote: Well actually, I sliding shot both Omega and Aquario and Omega didn't KO it.
    Oh, I assumed you stalled, since you called it a staller haha.
    But Like I said above, in a tournament situation it depends on how good u can read the opponents launch.
    Woah, this was really nicely put together! Great work, Echizen! Funny how I was working on a discussion for one of the closest things to Aquario, within the time period you got this thread up, haha.

Anyways, as I don't have an Aquario wheel, and can't contribute to testings, I think I found a way I'd be able to a slight contribution. That being said, I added up the following:

Aquario's number of out spins: 6/260. (roughly around 2% consisted of them)
    Aquario's number of knockouts: 122/260. (roughly around 46% consisted of them)
    Aquario's overall score and win percentage: 128/260 = roughly around 49% overall.
    _________________________________________________________________________________

~Midnight~ Wrote:Woah, this was really nicely put together! Great work, Echizen!

Ironically, I looked back, and realized how awfully similar the OP looked to the [LTD] Giga Flat Discussion I made.

We all know you copy/pasted my thread's original post, and edited to your liking, yo. Wink
    Actually I added it up and the total was 128/200... Which is 64% wins. But I may be wrong.

No, this isn't Copy and Pasted! Wink Lol I changed it some.
    (Aug. 09, 2014  6:59 AM)Echizen Wrote: Actually I added it up and the total was 128/200... Which is 64% wins. But I may be wrong.

Nope, it's a guaranteed 128/260:

Smile
    (Aug. 09, 2014  7:16 AM)~Midnight~ Wrote:
    (Aug. 09, 2014  6:59 AM)Echizen Wrote: Actually I added it up and the total was 128/200... Which is 64% wins. But I may be wrong.

Nope, it's a guaranteed 128/260:

Smile

Those last few batties only had 10 though. Smile
    (Aug. 09, 2014  7:26 AM)Echizen Wrote: Those last few batties only had 10 though. Smile

Damn, you're actually right, haha.
    To clarify; Aquario is better then Hyper in all circumstances, correct?
    (Aug. 09, 2014  7:34 AM)Neo Wrote: To clarify; Aquario is better then Hyper in all circumstances, correct?

I don't own a Hyper, but depending on what CW you use the MW Aquario is 5 grams heavier, so...
    (Aug. 09, 2014  7:38 AM)Echizen Wrote:
    (Aug. 09, 2014  7:34 AM)Neo Wrote: To clarify; Aquario is better then Hyper in all circumstances, correct?

I don't own a Hyper, but depending on what CW you use the MW Aquario is 5 grams heavier, so...

As I do plan on finalizing my Hyper Discussion later today, I wouldn't mind comparing the two with some tests and your Aquario results. Smile
    I just literally opened my Aquario from its package, and I see the little waves on the fins. I assume this causes smash attack of some sort..?
    (Aug. 09, 2014  7:57 AM)Neo Wrote: I just literally opened my Aquario from its package, and I see the little waves on the fins. I assume this causes smash attack of some sort..?

I'd assume it does. It's like the 'teeth' of Lightning L-Drago. Refer to the picture in the OP.
    I do like to refer to this as "The Dragoon of MFB".
    I can see this wheel mostly being used in very fast combos, bug I could also see Aquario with MF.
    Idea: MF-H Aquario 85MF
    Tornado stall, endurance flat.
    I'll do some official testing when I get back to the ol' US of A, but in the many unofficial tests I did with this, it was pretty mediocre. I really liked it as a wheel, and I tested a bunch of different combos, hoping one would work, but none of them did well.

That's just me though.
    I love WSF in Limited and I've been working on a combo I want to post before I go, so I'd love to see more tests of WSF, maybe on different heights. Tongue_out
    (Aug. 09, 2014  11:04 AM)Dual Wrote: I'll do some official testing when I get back to the ol' US of A, but in the many unofficial tests I did with this, it was pretty mediocre. I really liked it as a wheel, and I tested a bunch of different combos, hoping one would work, but none of them did well.

That's just me though.

Well only certain tracks and certain heights work, I've only found S130 and T125 to do any good against Defense types.
    Aquario S130WSF vs. Burn Bull W145WD
    Aquario: 8 (All KO)
    Bull: 12 (8 KO, 4 OS)
    Aquario Win Rate: 40%
    Detailed results:
    Notes: Don't own Cancer or MF-H, so that might be a reason these results differed from the one in the OP, but from 100% to 40%, I don't think that can all be blamed on a couple grams of weight missing. Also, all of Bull's KO's were from Aquario having massive recoil. There were a couple wall saves, but it was mostly Aquario hitting Bull then being like "hah, see you later" and just hopping out of the stadium.

I dunno, I'm not great with attack, but still...
    Well this is with WSF, which isn't really a great flower-patterrn tip, did you stall? If your not good with attack types, WSF is just that much harder to use.