L drago destructor (hasbro) theorycraft

Given that meteo l drago is generally preferred over L drago destructor i was ruminating over if theres any combo that may give hasbro l drago destructor an actual use which made me consider the following combo

{MF(-H/-L)} L drago destructor 160/lw160 ewd/w2d

however as i do not own a 160 height track i cant test this myself but based on what i know about 160 and l drago destructor's contact points heres my theory

-l drago destructor has its rubber points lower than those on meteo l drago so a higher height to expose those points may be desirable
-160 height could allow it to evade attacks from some low track attackers and win by outspinning
-it would probably just spinsteal normally against any mid height bey the same way meteo would
-the height may allow it to destabilize 230combos due to destructor's shape

would anyone be willing to offer insight on this concept and/or test it out?
(Jun. 06, 2022  12:49 AM)protodigs Wrote: Given that meteo l drago is generally preferred over L drago destructor i was ruminating over if theres any combo that may give hasbro l drago destructor an actual use which made me consider the following combo

however as i do not own a 160 height track i cant test this myself but based on what i know about 160 and l drago destructor's contact points heres my theory

-l drago destructor has its rubber points lower than those on meteo l drago so a higher height to expose those points may be desirable
-160 height could allow it to evade attacks from some low track attackers and win by outspinning
-it would probably just spinsteal normally against any mid height bey the same way meteo would

Unfortunately, L Drago Destructor really does not do well on taller tracks - the weight distribution is naturally high up, which leads to it getting destabilized rather than anything it will be hitting, and the design is also too recoily to work properly for stamina or defense. It doesn't really work for evading attacks from most low track attackers - most still have enough reach to hit it from 105 height, and the majority of attackers use mid height tracks in order to reach combos even taller than your suggested one, meaning that most attackers will have no trouble KOing this combo. Lastly, the unfortunate reality is that L Drago Destructor's rubber underside just means it won't win any equalization matches, and being on a tall height doesn't help that - being tall means you will topple earlier than your opponent, especially when added with its distribution, and the rubber underside will simply kill your life after death. I think L Drago Destructor is probably best reserved to low height attack combos.
(Jun. 13, 2022  4:30 AM)Abellia Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2022  12:49 AM)protodigs Wrote: Given that meteo l drago is generally preferred over L drago destructor i was ruminating over if theres any combo that may give hasbro l drago destructor an actual use which made me consider the following combo

Unfortunately, L Drago Destructor really does not do well on taller tracks - the weight distribution is naturally high up, which leads to it getting destabilized rather than anything it will be hitting, and the design is also too recoily to work properly for stamina or defense. It doesn't really work for evading attacks from most low track attackers - most still have enough reach to hit it from 105 height, and the majority of attackers use mid height tracks in order to reach combos even taller than your suggested one, meaning that most attackers will have no trouble KOing this combo. Lastly, the unfortunate reality is that L Drago Destructor's rubber underside just means it won't win any equalization matches, and being on a tall height doesn't help that - being tall means you will topple earlier than your opponent, especially when added with its distribution, and the rubber underside will simply kill your life after death. I think L Drago Destructor is probably best reserved to low height attack combos.

saying "it wont win *any* equalization" matches is a bit of a stretch given my testing with sw145 w2d but i digress, are these low height attack combos actually good or are they outclassed by lightning l drago
(Jun. 16, 2022  2:22 AM)protodigs Wrote:
(Jun. 13, 2022  4:30 AM)Abellia Wrote: Unfortunately, L Drago Destructor really does not do well on taller tracks - the weight distribution is naturally high up, which leads to it getting destabilized rather than anything it will be hitting, and the design is also too recoily to work properly for stamina or defense. It doesn't really work for evading attacks from most low track attackers - most still have enough reach to hit it from 105 height, and the majority of attackers use mid height tracks in order to reach combos even taller than your suggested one, meaning that most attackers will have no trouble KOing this combo. Lastly, the unfortunate reality is that L Drago Destructor's rubber underside just means it won't win any equalization matches, and being on a tall height doesn't help that - being tall means you will topple earlier than your opponent, especially when added with its distribution, and the rubber underside will simply kill your life after death. I think L Drago Destructor is probably best reserved to low height attack combos.

saying "it wont win *any* equalization" matches is a bit of a stretch given my testing with sw145 w2d but i digress, are these low height attack combos actually good or are they outclassed by lightning l drago

I mean, it can definitely win versus some stuff if you use a track to supplement its horrible rubber underside, but it's still an uphill battle because of the weight distribution. Also, yeah these low height attack combos are probably outclassed by LLD - the two are about the same weight, and while Destroy has the metal contacts compared to Lightning's plastic contacts, the shape isn't quite as aggressive and the high weight distribution hurts just the same as it does in stamina combos. It also completely removes any chance that you might have with Lightning to outspin your opponent, because of again, the rubber underside.

Maybe try it out with something like TR145 versus the usual targets for meteo to want to beat and see how it does? Since TR145 is to my knowledge the 145 height track with the most LAD, and then also you could see about smaller d tips rather than the wider ones, since iirc they're better for mid height combos. Not too sure if that would matter a lot with an LAD-boosting track, though.

I'm be interested in the results.
(Jun. 16, 2022  2:34 AM)Abellia Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2022  2:22 AM)protodigs Wrote: saying "it wont win *any* equalization" matches is a bit of a stretch given my testing with sw145 w2d but i digress, are these low height attack combos actually good or are they outclassed by lightning l drago

I mean, it can definitely win versus some stuff if you use a track to supplement its horrible rubber underside, but it's still an uphill battle because of the weight distribution. Also, yeah these low height attack combos are probably outclassed by LLD - the two are about the same weight, and while Destroy has the metal contacts compared to Lightning's plastic contacts, the shape isn't quite as aggressive and the high weight distribution hurts just the same as it does in stamina combos. It also completely removes any chance that you might have with Lightning to outspin your opponent, because of again, the rubber underside.

Maybe try it out with something like TR145 versus the usual targets for meteo to want to beat and see how it does? Since TR145 is to my knowledge the 145 height track with the most LAD, and then also you could see about smaller d tips rather than the wider ones, since iirc they're better for mid height combos. Not too sure if that would matter a lot with an LAD-boosting track, though.

I'm be interested in the results.

I have neither tr145 nor meteo l drago so i cant really test this, and id assume meteo would just be better due to having better contact points and even being slightly heavier, also these combos use w2d/ewd rather than the smaller defense tips because w2d and ewd have better LAD which is what matters most on spinsteal