Kodak Zi6

I wanted to talk about the camera that I bought recently, the Kodak Zi6.

(i have the pink one)

It's basically a pocketable HD camera in the same vein as the Flip Mino HD and Creative Vado, but this one had a few features that made me pick it (iMovie friendly, swappable SD Cards and AA batteries).

I'll be using this camera for Beyblade Channel soon. In the meantime, check out my test video: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B65ZF24N

If you're looking for a decent video camera for under $200, I'd really recommend this one. Smile
That's sweet gear man. I just use my parents Panasonic DMC-TZ5K. It also shoots in HD, but cost over $200.

Still this looks nice, was considering getting my own; I shall follow this for a while. For now I have other expenditures that need to be made first.
Also, Kodak released the Zx1. It's basically the same camera but ruggedized. It seems to have worse low light performance though.
Wow, that looks great, good video, and totally sleek.
I may have to grab one of these at some point in time! (I'd grab the red one Cute)
(Apr. 23, 2009  12:26 AM)Crimson Wrote: Wow, that looks great, good video, and totally sleek.
I may have to grab one of these at some point in time! (I'd grab the red one Cute)

i didn't even know there was a red one until i checked kodak's site for this post. if they had it at staples i would've gotten it

the pink one is cute tho
Looks nice Smile The HD is def. a plus and the colours XD I might consider getting this since I needed a new one anyway (dropped my old Kodak Camera and the screen's is carpped up..can't see anything on it. I think the wires connecting to the display screen got shifted or something lol).

Was also thinking of getting that Oylmpus (drop proof=>5ft lol, freeze proof => -15C & waterproof => 5ft deep) camera or a Sony Touch Screen.
The only thing I really hate about this camera is the USB connector.

[Image: 020-kodak-zi6-unboxing_medium.jpg]

It's just awful trying to get this thing to connect. You also can't rotate it, so for my laptop it's upside down. I bought an SD card reader and just take the card out of the camera instead of using this thing.
USB extension cord?
(Apr. 23, 2009  12:44 AM)Khel Wrote: USB extension cord?

Just putting the SD Card in the slot on the computer is much easier and faster though.
(Apr. 23, 2009  12:44 AM)Khel Wrote: USB extension cord?

That would work as well, but I figured a card reader would be useful anyway.
LOL, nice test video. Looks good.

SD Card Readers are the best.
Ahaha, it toook me a while to qork out what it was when you posted in the other thread. I thought it was a phone and then I got confused. It's looks really great though. Plus it actually looks great in all of the colours. Grin

And yeah, my SD>USB thingy is pretty much always upside down. XD Thankfully my home computer supports SD cards anyways though. Grin
(Apr. 23, 2009  12:46 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: That would work as well, but I figured a card reader would be useful anyway.

So would a USB extension cord.

card readers are great though, only problem is the insane amounts SD cards cost for the higher data capacity ones. =/
(Apr. 23, 2009  5:34 PM)Pikachao Wrote: So would a USB extension cord.

card readers are great though, only problem is the insane amounts SD cards cost for the higher data capacity ones. =/

I got an 8GB Class 6 for $30 ... hardly an "insane amount" ... Wal-Mart has 16GB Class 2s for $30 as well.

And I don't need a USB extension cord for anything else. I can use a card reader for any SD card now. I think I know what I need most, thanks.
(Apr. 23, 2009  7:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I got an 8GB Class 6 for $30 ... hardly an "insane amount" ... Wal-Mart has 16GB Class 2s for $30 as well.

And I don't need a USB extension cord for anything else. I can use a card reader for any SD card now. I think I know what I need most, thanks.

Wow. I guess these things have advanced pretty fast. Then again, it was a bit over 6 months ago I last checked the prices of them for my camera but I think a 16 gig one was like £50+ back then? Not sure how that converts to dollars but I'd assume it's a lot.

16GB for $30 is quite reasonable. Nice. =]
It depends on what speed it is ... Class 2 is slowest, then there's Class 4 and Class 6 (fastest). Obviously the faster the card the more expensive it is.
(Apr. 23, 2009  8:58 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: It depends on what speed it is ... Class 2 is slowest, then there's Class 4 and Class 6 (fastest). Obviously the faster the card the more expensive it is.

I assume you'd use Class 6 in cameras if you're going to be taking a lot of pictures at once then? =]

Also, I couldn't really find anything by googling it but I wonder why the class numbers go up in multiples of two... hmm.
Class 6 is good for video because you don't drop any frames. I noticed a big difference between Class 2 and Class 6.
So what do you plan on adding to the youtube channel next?
(Apr. 23, 2009  11:08 PM)Maz Wrote: So what do you plan on adding to the youtube channel next?

Will be doing lots of MFB stuff over the summer.
yay are you silt going to use HMS
(Apr. 23, 2009  11:15 PM)sousa98 Wrote: yay are you silt going to use HMS

No, everything from now on will be MFB.
(Apr. 23, 2009  7:01 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I got an 8GB Class 6 for $30 ... hardly an "insane amount" ... Wal-Mart has 16GB Class 2s for $30 as well.

I got my Class 6 16gb from newegg for 15
(Apr. 24, 2009  1:23 AM)Baronrana Wrote: I got my Class 6 16gb from newegg for 15

i live in canada so this would've been more expensive for me than simply going out and buying it