Kei's BEYBLADE'S NOT DEAD! Combos

Now that some of the videos have finally been released, its time for me to post the combos I prepared for BND!.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Smash:
AR: Jiraiya Blade
WD: Circle Heavy
RC: Metal Change Core

This one worked wonders against Cye and Blue's combos after the tournament. Cye made a great thread about Jiraiya Blade a while ago. I can't believe I didn't use this during the tournament, though if I had beaten Blue during the tournament I probably would have used it sometime.

Upper:
AR: Circle Upper
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Grip Flat Core

This is what I used in the second round against Blue. His combo was VERY similar to mine, except that it was heavier.

Wolborg MS Killer:
AR: Advance Attacker (Force Smash)
RC: Rubber Weight Core

This was a no-brainer. Everyone should have had one of these ready (Haha, the guy in the first round who faced my Wolborg MS would have benefited).

Spin Stealer:
AR: Advance Balancer
WD: Circle Balance/Circle Wide
RC: Bearing Core/Bearing Core 2 (worn)

I gave this one to my friend who came with me. He made it to the third round if I remember correctly, though he mostly faced plastics. Lol, I never really got a chance to test this one before the tournament, but I thought it would do okay. If you were facing an attack type, you use BC2, if defense/survival, BC. Though, I think my friend just used Bearing Core 2 the whole time.

Defense:
AR: Samurai Upper/Circle Upper
WD: CWD God Ring/CWD Free Survivor
RC: Battle Change Core/Metal Sharp Core

I never tested this one either, but it was due to the fact that I didn't own CWD God Ring or Free Survivor at the time.

Upper (again):
AR: Samurai Upper
WD: Circle Heavy
RC: Grip Flat Core/Metal Flat Core

WOW. I just noticed that this was on the document I typed up for my combos. If I replaced the WD with CWD Free Survivor, I think I would have had the same combo as Blue (with GFC). Either way, I should have used this one as opposed to the first Upper Attack custom.

???:
AR: Turtle Crusher
WD: Circle Balance
RC: Bearing Core 2

I am not even sure what to call this one. Wobbler? Anyway, it did well in the tests I did with it. If I had made it to the finals, I would have pulled it out.

Wolborg MS:
This is obviously not a custom, but I used it in the first round in TB.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, what do you guys think? I think for the most part they were pretty commonly known combos (to the Advanced Bladers at least). Just want to note that none of these were tested in Takara stadiums before the tournament, so I didn't really know how they would perform.
cool stuff, I was/is planning to do the same.
I will make a similar topic.

I do remeber the strength to you smash combo. yeah I woulda sweated, but i think my upper combo would still KO first. I think I'll test it
the difference between my upper was a 17g cwd with defense ring(im not really sure its the stationary yellow ring from seadragon?). oh plus samurai upper.*oh just saw your second upper combo haha
(Aug. 07, 2008  7:43 PM)Blue Wrote: cool stuff, I was/is planning to do the same.
I will make a similar topic.

I do remeber the strength to you smash combo. yeah I woulda sweated, but i think my upper combo would still KO first. I think I'll test it
the difference between my upper was a 17g cwd with defense ring(im not really sure its the stationary yellow ring from seadragon?). oh plus samurai upper.*oh just saw your second upper combo haha
Nice, I can't wait to see what they are.

I am still waiting on my TB/TBTS to be shipped (having it shipped with my MFB stuff), but when I get it I'll be doing a lot of tests.

What does the 17g CWD come with anyways? I always see it mentioned everywhere, and I know someone posted what it came with before, but I can't recall.
(Aug. 07, 2008  7:58 PM)Kei Wrote: What does the 17g CWD come with anyways? I always see it mentioned everywhere, and I know someone posted what it came with before, but I can't recall.

17g piece comes with either Defense Ring (default Sea Dragon CWD), or Free Defenser (secret part).
(Aug. 07, 2008  8:15 PM)bugturtles Wrote: 17g piece comes with either Defense Ring (default Sea Dragon CWD)

Did the Hasbro version include it? Or was it just the Takara version?
(Aug. 07, 2008  8:17 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2008  8:15 PM)bugturtles Wrote: 17g piece comes with either Defense Ring (default Sea Dragon CWD)

I haven't weighed my Hasbro metal piece that it came with, sorry. Unhappy
(Aug. 07, 2008  8:20 PM)bugturtles Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2008  8:17 PM)Kei Wrote:

I haven't weighed my Hasbro metal piece that it came with, sorry. Unhappy

It's okay. I just checked the Sea Dragon article and apparently only the Takara version comes with it. No surprises there haha
still I gave you seadragon w/ free defenser, didn't I?
(Aug. 07, 2008  8:42 PM)Blue Wrote: still I gave you seadragon w/ free defenser, didn't I?
Yeah, you did (thank you again! haha). It has Defense Ring though, not Free Defenser. I was just wondering about the Hasbro version.