Kazuto K's Writing Comp! [DEADLINE EXTENSION] [NEED PARTICIPANTS]

Kazuto K's Writing Competition
Hey guys, my first competition in a long time and I'd like to make it a theme a lot of people seem fond of: WRITING

This will be consisting of multiple rounds (if I get enough people to do so) and anybody may join!

Some Ground Rules:

1: No plagiarism of ANY KIND. Anyone caught plagiarizing will be automatically DQ'd

2: Judges CANNOT bias votes

3: GO BY THE THEME. I will set guidelines for each round for each block for entries. If you don't go by the theme for the block the entry will be IGNORED.

Have fun with the comp!

TO ENTER:
Send me an entry based on the theme below. That is your QUALIFIER ENTRY. When you send me your entry that will be what they will be picking from for the qualifier. Once you send your vote I will add your name to the participant's list and you are in. Your entries will be discussed in a private chat with the judges. NO PARTICIPANT LIMIT

THEME:
Qualifier Wrote:You've always been a loner, sometimes you think it's because your anti-social, but no; you know the truth to why you can't stand being around big crowds. With your power, it's to overwhelming to be around a lot of people, to a person, like you, with the curse to see the exact scene of the deaths of everybody your eyes lay upon.

Write a chapter based on the prompt and send it to one of the judges. They will open a chat with the other judges and they will discuss it and then make a descision. One page minimum (MS Word size, font size 12). NOTHING FORUM INAPPROPRIATE. Deadline is Monday, January 26th, 2015 at 8:00 (Time for Ontario, Canada)

PARTICIPANTS
JUDGES (We have a maximum of five+me by default)
Was this approved? If this was; I would like to judge Smile
(Jan. 11, 2015  1:50 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote: Was this approved? If this was; I would like to judge Smile

Approved by sarabscientist, and great! You've been added.
Go ahead and smack me on to that list; I love writing!
(Jan. 11, 2015  1:52 AM)Shido Wrote: Go ahead and smack me on to that list; I love writing!

Alright, just send me or a judge your entry and you're on!
Seems cool,May I judge?
(Jan. 11, 2015  1:56 AM)Tsuna` Wrote: Seems cool,May I judge?
You're on the list!
Could I also judge? I'm not great at writing, but I love, love, love reading!
(Jan. 11, 2015  1:49 AM)Kazuto K Wrote: TO ENTER:
When you send a judge your entry that will be what they will be voting for in the qualifier. Once you send your vote I will add your name to the participant's list and you are in.

I don't understand, can you explain this?

(Jan. 11, 2015  1:49 AM)Kazuto K Wrote: One page minimum.

One page on Microsoft Word? You should set a word count. Because with font size 72 - that'd be half a word. One page is really vague.

--

Will entries be anonymous? Will they be posted alongside the judges' decisions?
I'll join.
(Jan. 11, 2015  8:19 AM)sarabscientist Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2015  1:49 AM)Kazuto K Wrote: TO ENTER:
When you send a judge your entry that will be what they will be voting for in the qualifier. Once you send your vote I will add your name to the participant's list and you are in.

I don't understand, can you explain this?

(Jan. 11, 2015  1:49 AM)Kazuto K Wrote: One page minimum.

One page on Microsoft Word? You should set a word count. Because with font size 72 - that'd be half a word. One page is really vague.

--

Will entries be anonymous? Will they be posted alongside the judges' decisions?
Sorry, my editing was flawed. I rushed.

Send me an entry (or a judge) and you will be automatically entered. The entry will be in a private chat with the other judges. I will post the entries when the deadline comes.

One page on MS Word, yes. I will set the font size to 12. Will that work?

They will not be anonymous. The entries will be posted along with the scores and if they are moving on.

Eminem* Your name is in the list, send me an entry for the qualifier and you will be fully in. @Whos Desire you will be put on the list
Can I still enter? And I have to write a story based off the theme in the OP by January 19th? Sounds good!
(Jan. 12, 2015  12:15 AM)Dual Wrote: Can I still enter? And I have to write a story based off the theme in the OP by January 19th? Sounds good!
You can still enter, send your entry in to me. And you're right dude! No maximum participant limit, just a judge limit.
(Jan. 12, 2015  1:36 AM)notafraid71 Wrote: Can I plz be judge

(Jan. 12, 2015  1:37 AM)Kazuto K Wrote:

Sure

(Jan. 12, 2015  1:40 AM)notafraid71 Wrote: Oh thnx

I can't believe you are blindly allowing people to become judges. This person hasn't even posted around the forum much LOL ...

Credibility is lacking in many places as well as the tournament not getting off to a firm start.
(Jan. 12, 2015  7:04 AM)sarabscientist Wrote:

(Jan. 12, 2015  1:37 AM)Kazuto K Wrote:

Sure

(Jan. 12, 2015  1:40 AM)notafraid71 Wrote: Oh thnx

I can't believe you are blindly allowing people to become judges. This person hasn't even posted around the forum much LOL ...
True.

Alright, We have ONE SPOT left for judging. Sorry notafraid71 Unhappy

(Jan. 12, 2015  7:37 AM)Tsuna` Wrote: I think its because its his friend,therefore giving him special privileges
He IS my friend, but i'm not giving any special privileges.
I do not want to be a part of the official judge panel but I will be commenting on the entries when they're posted Smile
(Jan. 12, 2015  11:33 PM)sarabscientist Wrote: I do not want to be a part of the official judge panel but I will be commenting on the entries when they're posted Smile

^__^ @[sarabscientist] You're opinion is always welcomed (well, to me at least). informational and cool-funny-serious combo Smile
(Jan. 12, 2015  11:58 PM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2015  11:33 PM)sarabscientist Wrote: I do not want to be a part of the official judge panel but I will be commenting on the entries when they're posted Smile

^__^ @[sarabscientist] You're opinion is always welcomed (well, to me at least). informational and cool-funny-serious combo Smile

Thanks!

I've stickied this thread and hopefully it goes along without any further hitches. Good luck to organizers and participants alike.
As sarab said. I'll probably read the entries when they're posted and give some commentary on them. Not interested in judging though Smile

Good luck to everyone involved~
WE NEED ENTRIES FROM ANY PARTICIPANTS WHO HAVEN'T SENT ENTRIES. Only Eminem* sent his entry, nobody else. ONE JUDGING SPACE LEFT. WE NEED MORE PARTICIPANTS
(Jan. 15, 2015  2:34 PM)notafraid71 Wrote: Can I just be a writer instead?
Send me your entry and your good to go Tongue_out
Alright, I only have TWO ENTRIES out of SIX PEOPLE who are signed up. I will need more entries by tonight. If I don't get more I will extend the deadline by a bit, but only by that bit and if I don't get anymore I will have to close this comp. (Sorry guys, but you just need to commit. The qualifier is ending in a few hours0
Do you still need a judge ?
(Jan. 11, 2015  1:51 AM)Kazuto K Wrote:
(Jan. 11, 2015  1:50 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote: Was this approved? If this was; I would like to judge Smile

Approved by sarabscientist, and great! You've been added.

CAN I JOIN AS A JUDGE TOO