Judgement Phantom(Libra WD145FS)

Ok, I now beleive I have(not me but my buddy mike who some may know as bluezee) possibly the best MFB combo right now. I say this because this combo has won 90% of all battles I have used it in while testing. Since I no longer own Quetz, I cant test it against it this but I have some others that may surprise you. Judgement was shot first in all battles except vs. MF LibraC145WB

Judgement Phantom:
Face: Gemios
Wheel: Libra
Track: WD145
Bottom: FS

We did 10 battles per blade.

MF LibraC145WB v. Judgement

R1: Judgement by KO
R2: Judgement by KO
R3: Judgement by Outspin
R4: Judgement by KO
R5: Judgement by Outspin
R6: Draw by Simultaneous KO
R7: Judgement by KO
R8:Judgement by KO
R9: Judgement by KO
R10: Judgement by breaking C145 on contact
Judgement: 90% if not 100%

Judgement v. Storm 100RF
R1: Storm by KO
R2: Judgement by OS
R3: Judgement by KO
R5: Judgement by OS
R6: Judgement by KO
R8: Judgement by OS
R10: Judgement by OS
Storm: 10% Judgement: 90%

Judgement v. Virgo DF145D
R1: Judgement by Outspin
R2: Draw by KO
R3: Judgement by KO
R5: Judgement by Outspin
R6: Virgo by Outspin
R8: Judgement by breaking face on Virgo
R10: Judgement by Outspin
Virgo: 10% Judgement: 80%

Overall: I beleive this is by far the best balance type along with Libra CH120RF but I cant test it since I dont own CH120 and bluezee doesnt want to use his only one anymore until he gets a new one. With a metal face, it may do better but I'm unsure seeing as how its already heavy enough and all attacks seem to just the track. FS moves in attack mode too making KO's easier if shot on the right angle or hit hard enough into that mode. He owes me a new C145 and a new face since it was his idea but its worth it for testing. Try this out! Again, this isnt my combo. It is my buddy's.
is bluezee ever going to pay for his moj order so i can unban him
Lol thats a question you should ask him and on top of that, dont you think that's a little disrespectful to put his business out on a public thread like that not to mention the fact that its an off topic question?
(Aug. 17, 2009  6:12 PM)Ozzy Wrote: Lol thats a question you should ask him and on top of that, dont you think that's a little disrespectful to put his business out on a public thread like that not to mention the fact that its an off topic question?

probably but it's been like six months and i'm pretty annoyed and want to put some pressure on him

on topic: will try this combo later
I understand. Thank you for your concern, I will express it to him today when I see him. And thank you for trying the combo when you do.
Also, more news, by shooting this combo as if you were to use sliding shoot, you can control it so it wont automatically go into attack mode OR you can just shoot hard into the center as normal and if you shoot it straight enough, it will go into balance mode which is much better in defending against attackers. Using the first tactic will work but the second is relatively better IMO.
This might be good combo since some really good combos have unearthed and a majority have a Libra Wheel Smile
I tried out this combo, and wow my results could not have been any different than what yours were.
It's not a TERRIBLE combo, but I didn't get anywhere near your results.

Quetz knocked this thing around pretty good, Virgo DF145D easily outspun it (Although it was wobbling fairly well at the very end)
Only thing I couldn't test it against was MF Libra C145WB, as I only have a single Libra wheel.
(Aug. 18, 2009  5:10 PM)Ozzy Wrote: Also, more news, by shooting this combo as if you were to use sliding shoot, you can control it so it wont automatically go into attack mode OR you can just shoot hard into the center as normal and if you shoot it straight enough, it will go into balance mode which is muc better in defending against attackers. Using the first tactic will work but the second is relatively better IMO.

I hope you mean so it won't get into Stamina mode...

I just tried this combo out in the attack stadium, I'm not convinced of it's usefulness against Storm100RF.

In my tests Storm 90RF consistently KO'd it via recoil, and when performing a sliding shoot, a bad hit caused the WD145 to touch the stadium floor.

That being said I chose Storm 90RF because it was using a WD145. Here's my result breakdown.

"Judgement" vs MF Libra C145WB
13 Wins, 4 Losses, 3 Draw
Win Rate: 65%

Breakdown:

Basically Judgement only won because it barely outspun MF Libra C145WB, considering the weight difference and complete lack of attack "Judgement" possesses this wasn't a terribly unpredictable outcome. Out of it's 14 wins only 4 were won by KO, it's 4 losses and 2 Draws were a result of two bad recoils, two destabilizing hits which resulted in WD145 hitting the stadium floor, and two simultaneous KO's.

Decent stamina, but frankly, the leading Stamina combo's perform much better and consistently, vs defense types it's fine I guess but really why bother when you can use a significantly more reliable Stamina combo?

"Judgement" vs Storm 90RF
3 Wins, 14 Losses, 3 Draw
Win Rate: 15%

Breakdown:

Alright, so I should start off saying I tried this vs Storm 100RF first, that match up resulted in a 50% win rate, the end result being 10 wins, 6 losses, 4 double KO's. If I had a predetermined choice though I would have started against this match up with Storm 90RF, the height difference and my past experience with WD145 being my personal reasoning, obviously that instinct was right.

After observing the Point of Contact between two, the switch with 100 and 90 tracks was done. Significant difference here, and probably a good indicator that Quetz 90RF would murder this combo left, right, and center. Why the sudden win rate drop? Simply because with Storm 90RF it's height was perfect for using WD145 against "Judgement". Past testing with WD145 showed that while heavy the track's wings are poorly designed and, like H145, produces a detrimental recoil effect. Storm 90RF being so low and with an RF saw little of this and using both this recoil and it's smash generally threw "Judgement" clear out of the stadium. Of it's three wins, 1 was a KO, and 2 were from OS.

Final Analysis:

I actually rather like the combo, and I actually would recommend it for the less tournament savvy (not that I am myself but I doubt the prediction and choice/selection aspect of MFB is any different than other games). Sure it's not as good as a Stamina combo, but it has a decent defense against a more common Storm 100RF combo. In that aspect it allows you to utilize a stamina combo without a almost sure loss against a common attack combo.

The true benefit of this combo is it's flexibility, because of FS the player can change their shooting style on the fly, it can cause troubles for the opponent. When testing vs my friend in random fun battles I used different shooting styles to throw him off guard, sliding shoot, stamina mode, etc.

Overall though, for the more experienced player, this is second tier at best, it doesn't perform like a top tier defense combo (being effective against one variant only as opposed to MF Libra C145WB which is fairly effective against the majority, including Libra CH120RF), and most certainly isn't as strong in Stamina as the current top tier Stamina combo choices.

EDIT: Q-Q I even said I wouldn't use my RF until this Saturday came and went, but since it was coming up and the initial results were intriguing, I couldn't help myself.
Have you tried ED145 instead?

It may be able to increase the win ratio against S.Peg 100RF
No I do not have ED145 yet because If I did I would have used it. Thank you for testing this Hiro. I see I must do some more testing now. I am happy though that it at least had that 50% win rate with Storm 100RF and one thing I did just notice is that there is a rather large gap between libra's wheel and WD145 which may have resulted in Storm 90RF utilizing the space to push down and force back the combo. Looks like back to square one. But I want to see another person's results too to make sure its okay to scrap this combo.