Jog Ball Feedback

I've had a hard time finding any testing on the MFB Jog Ball tip, and I wondered if that was because not many people have it or it just isn't good enough by most standards. I have it on my pseudo-stamina Bey and it seems to out-spin my other beys, but does also show an occassional zig-zagging pattern making is almost aggressive.

The Bey combo it's on now is RockAquario145JB, if that makes a difference.

Has anyone tested this tip against others or ranked it in a tier?
JB is outclassed even by WB itself on my own understanding and by personal experience. One of the reasons why people don't usually have it is because Rock Scorpio has no good parts.

This topic should have been a post on the beybade ask a question get an answer thread
I thought this is where combinations and testing threads go?
I think he means Jog-Ball for stamina not defence. Is rock the best stamina wheel you have? If so, get two Burns to do legitamate testings.
I've only had my blades for three weeks, so yeah... Rock is the best stamina I have. There isn't a great selection in my area, lots of StormPegasus but not much of anything else. Why do I need two Burns? Can't I just get one burn and switch the tips and time them?
(Apr. 02, 2011  8:08 PM)Tourmaline Wrote: I've only had my blades for three weeks, so yeah... Rock is the best stamina I have. There isn't a great selection in my area, lots of StormPegasus but not much of anything else. Why do I need two Burns? Can't I just get one burn and switch the tips and time them?

or you can get two earths, but it is for having earth/burn bull 145WD vs earth/burn bull 145JB, that is the most accurate way to test stamina, solo time doesn't prove much for stamina

IIRC JB is good for left spin destabilizers
Thank you for the clarification. So to the original question, it seems no one has feedback on this tip and I'd have to test it myself, eh? The JB does outspin the sharp tip, for whatever that it worth. The JB has a strange movement sometimes in the stadium, spinning steadily in one place for a long time and then suddenly zipping over an inch or two to spin in place again. When it zipps several times it almost turns itself into an attack tip going after another bey in the stadium. Then it will spin in place again. JB seems to have a mind of it's own...
The friction between the JB and the Stadium cause the bey to lose much of it's stamina, very quickly. Quicker than WB so that is why WB is your replacement for a CS or RS on your defense type beys.

JB is still not good or great for stamina types due to the friction. For without the "spikes" it's just a WB
(Apr. 02, 2011  8:26 PM)Jacksonian Wrote: The friction between the JB and the Stadium cause the bey to lose much of it's stamina, very quickly. Quicker than WB so that is why WB is your replacement for a CS or RS on your defense type beys.

JB is still not good or great for stamina types due to the friction.

if it has more friction then how come WB is better for defence, if for defence you want lots of friction?
A JB has too much friction to say at the least, thus draining the stamina from the bey. An RS can catch the edges of the stadiums while the JB actually can go up on the lip of the stadium and go over the edges resulting in a KO.
(Apr. 02, 2011  8:30 PM)Jacksonian Wrote: A JB has too much friction to say at the least, thus draining the stamina from the bey. An RS can catch the edges of the stadiums while the JB actually can go up on the lip of the stadium and go over the edges in a KO situation.

well it shouldn't have the friction you say it does because IIRC through testing it was found that JB makes tiny jumps that are very, very small. iwhen JB is in the air then it has have little to zero friction letting it get KOed

here is solo time to show if jb has more friction

(hasbro ripcord+launcher, 100% power)
earth bull 145WB:
1:25
1:45
1:29

earth bull 145JB:
3:22
2:59
2:51
O_O more then double!!!

after seeing WB do so low i did one more with it after i cleaned it (note: after cleaning WB may have had a little water left on it making it have less friction)
2:10
yep that is better for WB, but as you can see JB still has less friction making it spin longer

i will do tests with earth bull 145JB vs earth bull 145WD (WD this time, not WB) later
Thank you for testing it lord Wolfblade! The JB did seem to have less friction than the spike tip I had, so I wondered if it would have more than the WB. The JB does have to be clean, too, I've noticed to preform well. The FR attck tip I have on a Storm (I know, not the best) Pegasus was seldom able to KO the JB unless collided very early on or during a launch. The little hop the JB does sometimes make a nice little unexpected counter-attack, too.
your welcome

(Apr. 02, 2011  10:06 PM)Tourmaline Wrote: The FR attck tip I have on a Storm (I know, not the best) Pegasus was seldom able to KO the JB unless collided very early on or during a launch.

what stadium and combos were used for that? and it is RF not FR Wink
Well, it's pretty simple why it didn't get Ko'ed often.
JB has a strange movement. Sliding shoot helps a lot, but even so, when WB and JB are shot straight, they still move pretty fast, which allows them to (if done properly) dodge the attack type until the attack type lost a decent amount of spin, and then simply defend well.

And of course, if it was a hasbro stadium, it gets even harder for the attack type to KO.
FR.. my bad. So many abreviations to learn!

It's a Hasbro stadium, Lightning Drago I think, but I'm not sure. The black one. It's the only one they had. The WB chews up the painted desgin on the bottom and has to be cleaned after each round. The FR, too. I don't know if it's legal or wise to strip the paint off. The attack combo FR is a.... StormCapricorn 125FR (sometimes 100FR) The FR will knock the RockAquarius 145JB all over the place but the JB never looses it's balance and will often dodge until the attack bey runs down then spin smuggly for another two minutes while the attack bey just lays there. Smile

Again, I'm very new to this and I don't have a good launch technique. I use only ripcord launchers.
Hasbro stadiums are poor, so it's pretty much that you're giving JB an advantage over RF.
And, if you have bad launch technique, and are using storm, it just makes it pretty simple for JB to win.
Interesting results. JB against WB. If it has more Stamina and friction, it could actually outclass WB... And since no other testing has been made, Kai-V or other mods can't say anything... My experience of movement of JB and WB are very similar...
(Apr. 03, 2011  12:31 AM)Tourmaline Wrote: FR.. my bad. So many abreviations to learn!

It's a Hasbro stadium, Lightning Drago I think, but I'm not sure. The black one. It's the only one they had. The WB chews up the painted desgin on the bottom and has to be cleaned after each round. The FR, too. I don't know if it's legal or wise to strip the paint off. The attack combo FR is a.... StormCapricorn 125FR (sometimes 100FR) The FR will knock the RockAquarius 145JB all over the place but the JB never looses it's balance and will often dodge until the attack bey runs down then spin smuggly for another two minutes while the attack bey just lays there. Smile

Again, I'm very new to this and I don't have a good launch technique. I use only ripcord launchers.

...Ahem? JB does have use in left-spin destabilizers though, like MF. See L-Drago 100JB. So it's not completely useless.

EDIT: LOL, I have never seen 3 people post at the exact same time...
This thread should not have even been started without valid test results in the first post. If not more results are posted very soon, it will be closed.
(Apr. 03, 2011  12:34 AM)GaleForce Wrote: Interesting results. JB against WB. If it has more Stamina and friction, it could actually outclass WB... And since no other testing has been made, Kai-V or other mods can't say anything... My experience of movement of JB and WB are very similar...

actually JB has less friction but around the same traction as WB (you can not really have more friction and stamina at the same time) and there was some tests done long ago showing JB bad, but i have never seen them

so did tests

earth bull 145WD VS earth bull 145JB (hasbro ripcord and launcher, banking for JB, and alternating launch)
WD:7
JB: 3

the hasbro ripcord made JB move very little so i did more tests with a better launcher

earth bull 145WD VS earth bull 145JB (same as before but with light launcher 2)
WD: 9
JB: 1

earth bull 145WD vs earth bull 145JB (no banking this time, and light launcher 2 again)
WD: 8
JB: 2

now, JB had less stamina but more balance for all battles

yes i used a LF but i was told a while back that for stamina battles the LF is ok for use as there are no KOs
JB is great in destabilizing when used with Flame Gasher 100JB and Storm Gasher 100JB (yes, I know storm is outclassed but it has some good use). Someone test it.
We could test this against attack types. JB vs WB in defense will be interesting and it could also prove that it is better than WB, maybe. Right?
(Apr. 03, 2011  2:38 AM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2011  12:34 AM)GaleForce Wrote: Interesting results. JB against WB. If it has more Stamina and friction, it could actually outclass WB... And since no other testing has been made, Kai-V or other mods can't say anything... My experience of movement of JB and WB are very similar...

actually JB has less friction but around the same traction as WB (you can not really have more friction and stamina at the same time) and there was some tests done long ago showing JB bad, but i have never seen them

so did tests

earth bull 145WD VS earth bull 145JB (hasbro ripcord and launcher, banking for JB, and alternating launch)
WD:7
JB: 3

the hasbro ripcord made JB move very little so i did more tests with a better launcher

earth bull 145WD VS earth bull 145JB (same as before but with light launcher 2)
WD: 9
JB: 1

earth bull 145WD vs earth bull 145JB (no banking this time, and light launcher 2 again)
WD: 8
JB: 2

now, JB had less stamina but more balance for all battles

yes i used a LF but i was told a while back that for stamina battles the LF is ok for use as there are no KOs

no offense but WD seriously outclassed WB and JB by miles.
so to do tests against them is not fair.
WD is still top tier stamina
(Apr. 03, 2011  9:46 PM)stevebak Wrote: no offense but WD seriously outclassed WB and JB by miles.
so to do tests against them is not fair.
WD is still top tier stamina

i know all of that already, i am quite knowledgeable.

i did the tests because

1. the thread maker needed/wanted them since he didn't have the parts
2.kai-v said that if there is no testing soon it would be closed unless testing vs top tier combos was done
3. i haven't seen or found any tests on JB for stamina, and since it got good solo spin i decided to try it out
Yes, but we (well I am) testing attack vs WB and JB and seeing which one is better. Due to the fact this hasn't been tested before, we have the right to keep this thread going until we do/ don't find a use for JB. We know WD is top tier stamina.