Japan: You guys need anything?

Hi! I don't know if anyone has started a thread like this (most likely someone has) but I just thought maybe there was something I (or anyone else who wants to) could do. Its not like I mean "We need to donate money," because that's a no-brainer, I mean is there something we could do? So, If anyone from Japan has any ideas/needs anything (obviously not like "I need an Xbox" or something silly like that) just post here, and we will see what we can do.

This whole thing should never have happened, but it did. Lets try to help.

Also, here is some potentially helpful info

Classically acute radiation syndrome is divided into three main presentations: hematopoietic, gastrointestinal and neurological/vascular. These symptoms may or may not be preceded by a prodrome. The speed of onset of symptoms is related to radiation exposure with greater doses resulting in a shorter delay in symptom onset.

1. Hematopoietic. This syndrome is marked by a drop in blood cells which results in infections due to low white blood cells, bleeding due to low platelets, and anemia due to low red blood cells.
2. Gastrointestinal. This syndrome typically occurs at exposure doses of 600–1000 rad (6–10 Gy). Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and abdominal pain are usually seen within one to two hours.
3. Neurovascular. This syndrome typically occurs at exposure doses greater than 1000 rad (10 Gy). It presents with neurological symptoms such as dizziness, headache, or decreased level of consciousness with an absence of vomiting.

The prodrome associated with ARS typically includes nausea and vomiting, headaches, fatigue, fever and short period of skin reddening. These symptoms may occur at radiation doses as low as 35 rad (0.35 Gy) and thus may not be followed by acute radiation sickness.

ANTI-RADIATION DIET TIPS:

* Consume 2-3 grams a day of vitamin C
* Reduce or eliminate alcohol consumption
* Decrease meat consumption. Increase fish consumption
* Reduce sugar consumption
* Eat five servings a day of fruits and vegetables, especially broccoli, broccoli sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower
* Increase fiber consumption via whole grains and flax seed fiber
* Take one drop a day of Lugol’s Solution or 1 tablet a day of Iodoral, both of which are sources of both iodide and iodine (many conventionally trained physicians think that this level of iodine supplementation can interfere with thyroid function, though we do not see this belief supported in the literature, and in fact, this level of iodine supplementation may be very protective against breast and prostate cancer. Furthermore, these levels are lower than the levels of potassium iodide recommended by the government, so obviously there is some kind of disconnect here)
* Take 5000 IU daily of vitamin D-3

Take 1500 mg daily each of curcumin and green tea extract with a minimum of 30% or more of EGCG

To the Best of Health,
Myself and ControL_ have been selling beys and doing raffles at tournaments, you could try something like that.
(Mar. 26, 2011  8:34 PM)BladeStorm Wrote: Myself and ControL_ have been selling beys and doing raffles at tournaments, you could try something like that.
Yeah, that's a good idea. I kind of meant like care packages I guess.