It's here: THE BEYPOINT SYSTEM IS BACK!

(Jun. 25, 2010  8:53 PM)Camarilla Wrote: The prospect of winning a quetz if you live in england is laughable. If you dont live in London youll be lucky to even hear about one tourny a year

As one of our more mature members here, living in close proximity to Newcastle and a growing Beyblade community in the North East, this is really disappointing to hear.

If you haven't already realised, there are Credits to be gained from hosting tournaments; this is the built-in incentive to promote the expansion Organised Play.
(Jun. 25, 2010  9:38 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2010  8:53 PM)Camarilla Wrote: The prospect of winning a quetz if you live in england is laughable. If you dont live in London youll be lucky to even hear about one tourny a year

As one of our more mature members here, living in close proximity to Newcastle and a growing Beyblade community in the North East, this is really disappointing to hear.

If you haven't already realised, there are Credits to be gained from hosting tournaments; this is the built-in incentive to promote the expansion Organised Play.

I've taken interest in and offered to help in the newcastle tournaments, I even offered to supply prizes free of charge, I'm doing something. The problem lies in the fact that that there are very few bladers in the north (specifically north west it seems). I wasn't complaining, I was just stating.

And to say close proximity is a bit inaccurate, being that it'd cost me upwards of £100 to go to the tournament, and I dont know if youve checked the map but between the northwest and west side of the midlands there's about 4 bladers, 3 of which I know are inactive. Audience for it ain't big up here.

Jumping on my back for not trying to do anything when I clearly am is hardly any better than what you're accusing me of, in my honest opinion. I'd pitch in for anything I can, but being that Newcastle is quite a distance it's hard to do so any way but fiscally.
Quote:Hi. Me again, I ran into about 40 bags and so I can easily get down to Newcastle for a tourney on the next one. Anyway, if I'm not mistaken you were looking for blades and stadiums to use for those that don't have any, and so here's what I have:

4 blades, 3 launchers, 1 stadium:
Storm pegasis 105RF
Dark Wolf DF145FS
Lightning L Drago 100HF
Pegasis 105RF -> this is the one missing the launcher, it SHOULD be around somewhere but I have younger cousins that visit frequently, so god knows. >_> Will update if found

All of the above launchers are string, stadium is attack type

I don't know, for someone who was very eager to support Newt in holding a tournament in the area, it seems a pretty silly thing to say, "The prospect of winning a quetz if you live in england is laughable. If you dont live in London youll be lucky to even hear about one tourny a year". It was cynical and sardonic, and not merely "just stating".

I wasn't attacking your desire or commitment in hold a tournament, but rather, a response to the criticism of a scheme which Committee all worked hard on to promote Organised Play. Of course, we're not trying to run a community which blindly worships our every step, but we will take exception to what is often unwarranted criticism.

However, I would like to commend your effort in holding a tournament, and I wish you all the best of luck. You can of course, consult the Event Guide [PDF], which states that we may be able to reimburse you for certain costs.

I'd like to keep things amicable in this thread, at least. Grin
Fair enough, sorry for snapping.

I don't want reimbursment though, seems silly for some group of people half way around the world to pay for any part of attracting a crowd elsewhere, it's really down to our efforts, and I'm happy to contribute anything that needs to be done.

Beyblade never really made it big in the north though, and died quickly. Only hopes are a new release or weaseling old friends into playing. I already have 5 who are being dragged to it.
Hi, only one question about beystadium. The beystadiums who can be used in the Standard Format are: Attack, Balance and Super Attack.
The BB-46 in Balance mode (red) can be considered legal? Or we can use only the BB-14?

Thanks,
(Jul. 25, 2010  3:33 PM)Lucky Wrote: Hi, only one question about beystadium. The beystadiums who can be used in the Standard Format are: Attack, Balance and Super Attack.
The BB-46 in Balance mode (red) can be considered legal? Or we can use only the BB-14?

Thanks,
Yes, you can use the Balance floor.
how to join the Quest for Quetz?
i would like to participate
(Aug. 01, 2010  6:00 AM)keith912 Wrote: how to join the Quest for Quetz?
i would like to participate

It is explained quite clearly in the opening post and in the Credits help document.
In general, everything about the Beypoint System should be functional and flawless right now. If you see anything abnormal, report it and we will attempt to fix it.
Didn't you say the Quest for Quezt has been canceled? Just confirming it
(Aug. 13, 2010  6:15 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote: Didn't you say the Quest for Quezt has been canceled? Just confirming it
No, hah. I said that the campaign for Quetzalcoatl from the WBBA has officially been terminated. It has nothing to do with our Quest for Quetz. In fact, Quetzalcoatl is still very available.
Wait, I came in second at a tournament and I don't see any credits on my profile. Might be something worth mentioning =\
(Aug. 13, 2010  3:44 PM)TehBrownSauce Wrote: Wait, I came in second at a tournament and I don't see any credits on my profile. Might be something worth mentioning =\
They still have to be added.
Ah, coolbeans. Thanks Kai-V.
Where are these tournaments located? im at NY.
(Aug. 13, 2010  11:33 PM)WizeGuy Wrote: Where are these tournaments located? im at NY.

Your're sure living up to your screename.

Anybody can create tournaments, however, you need to have at a minimum of eight people interested and it has to be WBO approved.

(If you want beypoints and faces that is.)
(Aug. 13, 2010  3:00 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 13, 2010  6:15 AM)GeneralHawx Wrote: Didn't you say the Quest for Quezt has been canceled? Just confirming it
No, hah. I said that the campaign for Quetzalcoatl from the WBBA has officially been terminated. It has nothing to do with our Quest for Quetz. In fact, Quetzalcoatl is still very available.

Oh haha thanks for the clarification Kai-V
Technically I already have the points for Quetz, 4 for participating in the tournaments 6 for winning the majority of my matches in 3 of them, 10 for winning two, and 3 for coming third in one. So 4+6+10+3=23.
(Aug. 15, 2010  5:31 AM)Marco Wrote: Technically I already have the points for Quetz, 4 for participating in the tournaments 6 for winning the majority of my matches in 3 of them, 10 for winning two, and 3 for coming third in one. So 4+6+10+3=23.
You participated to four tournaments ?

You should have : 2 (1 ?) + 5 + 5 + 3 = 15/14 Credits. If you never helped organising one.

I really get the impression that we should completely reword things : if you are part of the top three, of course you are expected to have won the majority of your matches, so that Credit is already included ... I will work on that as soon as possible, I suppose.

However, you are very close, continue hah.
(Aug. 15, 2010  7:23 AM)Tls Wrote: We need a usa tournament lol.
It is not up to us :
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-This-is-ridiculous
I've helped in 2 does that count for anything?
(Aug. 15, 2010  7:21 PM)Marco Wrote: I've helped in 2 does that count for anything?
It would be two additional Credits in total, but whether they count as (helping) organising a tournament, that will depend on what the original tournament organisers think.