Is it even worth it to get plastic and HMS blades?

As me and my little brother are new to the WBO and blading community in general. It seems since MFB is the new era of blading would it even be worth it to buy plastic and hms blades?

Should i just save the cash and get MFB's instead?
Just wondering because this friday im gettn paiiddddd my 1st paycheck and i guess i'll bomb it on blades. (which is why im debating on weather to bid on Kei's dragoon ms uv)

What would you guys do? What do you guys do?
What are your comments on this?

Any tips or knowlegde if greatly appreciated.

Also. Me and my brother started customizing and switching parts amoung our 4 blades and mannn. LAWL. their beeasts now. even tho their plastics. xP
Don't waste your money on HMS and Plastics, they are far too expensive at this point, and outclassed by MFB.
You should definately be buying MFB. It makes sense since their now the current system. Very soon people will be mainly using MFB, if they aren't already so spending your money on MFB would be a wise choice.
Plastics and HMS have now become quite rare due to the fact that production of them ended a few years ago, so they tend to be a lot more expensive and they're a lot harder to find.
It would only make sense to buy plastic and HMS if you were just topping off your collection, like you have every blade instead of like a certain 2.
And especially since you guys came at the beginning of a new series, just start from there. Don't bother going back to the older series.
Oh ehh. yeah i thought so, i guess i'd better just buy hms && plastics in bulk for collection purposes.
Matter of fact, the blades we have now, i got those like 7 years ago or so. WOW. i didn't even know they were these old.

Synesthesia, where are you in the Chicgaoland areaa?
(Mar. 25, 2009  3:03 AM)thomasman Wrote: Oh ehh. yeah i thought so, i guess i'd better just buy hms && plastics in bulk.

Or not at all? What's this obsession everyone has with buying old Beyblades?
I would say focus on MFB and if you want plastics and HMS make those a 2nd priority. However for the price of a couple HMS you can by 4x as many MFB.
(Mar. 25, 2009  3:03 AM)thomasman Wrote: Oh ehh. yeah i thought so, i guess i'd better just buy hms && plastics in bulk for collection purposes.
Matter of fact, the blades we have now, i got those like 7 years ago or so. WOW. i didn't even know they were these old.

Synesthesia, where are you in the Chicgaoland areaa?

Did you even read what we just posted. You'll be spending hundreds of dollars if your planning to collect Plastic and HMS which is such a waste of money. And some of them you'll probably never be able to find. Plus they are now inferior to MFB.
I really think its a nostalgia thing. I think alot of people are scrambling to get them before there impossible to find. (thats what I am doing) It does not matter if there outclassed, its just a nostalgia thing. Alot of memories were made with the old bey's. I however have a decent job and almost no bills so I can afford expensive hobbies.

(Mar. 25, 2009  3:04 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Or not at all? What's this obsession everyone has with buying old Beyblades?
(Mar. 25, 2009  3:07 AM)Neku2 Wrote: I really think its a nostalgia thing. I think alot of people are scrambling to get them before there impossible to find. (thats what I am doing) It does not matter if there outclassed, its just a nostalgia thing. Alot of memories were made with the old bey's. I however have a decent job and almost no bills so I can afford expensive hobbies.

Collecting the older series shouldn't be a priority though. It should be more of a side thing.
(Mar. 25, 2009  3:09 AM)Aqua Wrote: Collecting the older series shouldn't be a priority though. It should be more of a side thing.

True. Unless you have lots o money. Smile
if someone wants to buy my plastic and HMS collection i'll sell the whole thing for $5000

your move
(Mar. 25, 2009  3:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: if someone wants to buy my plastic and HMS collection i'll sell the whole thing for $5000

your move

I have that much in the stock market but Im not spending it on beyblades, lolz.

I take a percentage outa my paycheck for spending on my hobbies.
I could easily buy every MFB out there with the exception of the re-colors and exclusives right now. However I am waiting a bit till newer releases come out.
Yeah aqua i did read what you guys said. But does it really matter? not only that i don't see it as much of a waste. Like neku said it's a nostalgia thing. Not only that, i'd rather waste my money on collecting something than spending it on ugh, i can't disclose what i spend my cash on because of younger members on the boards but yeah. I'd rather spend a couple bucks on some beyblades that me and my brother can play with && create a bond on than spend a couple bucks on that little plant in my signature. catch my drift?

&& yes it is a side thing, but that's why i originally started this thread. to see what i should be aiming for, which is what was answered; MFB's.

I have many hobbies and i've never seen them as wastes at all. Some may be pricer than others, some might take more time as others && others more skill. not only that i've spent hundreds to thousands of dollars tghroughout the years on many of them and it doesn't bother me at all. As long as i'm happy who cares. you know?

&& brad i'd buy em if you drop the price a little, and when i have enough cash to bomb xD
well thats if i ever have cash to bomb like that on things like beys and stuff. which i doubt. LOL. or not any time soon && how much i come to find to love em. lawl.
&& in no way did i mean to start a debate or offend members on the board.

Like i said, i just wanted to know what would be the best. So i'll be aiming for MFB's && also buy some plastics and hms's that catch my eye.
I say drop the plant dude. Little brothers watch us, you dont want him getting into that. IF you dont have lots of money to spend on blades then buy MFB's.

(Mar. 25, 2009  3:20 AM)thomasman Wrote: Yeah aqua i did read what you guys said. But does it really matter? not only that i don't see it as much of a waste. Like neku said it's a nostalgia thing. Not only that, i'd rather waste my money on collecting something than spending it on ugh, i can't disclose what i spend my cash on because of younger members on the boards but yeah. I'd rather spend a couple bucks on some beyblades that me and my brother can play with && create a bond on than spend a couple bucks on that little plant in my signature. catch my drift?

&& yes it is a side thing, but that's why i originally started this thread. to see what i should be aiming for, which is what was answered; MFB's.

I have many hobbies and i've never seen them as wastes at all. Some may be pricer than others, some might take more time as others && others more skill. not only that i've spent hundreds to thousands of dollars tghroughout the years on many of them and it doesn't bother me at all. As long as i'm happy who cares. you know?

&& brad i'd buy em if you drop the price a little, and when i have enough cash to bomb xD
well thats if i ever have cash to bomb like that on things like beys and stuff. which i doubt. LOL. or not any time soon && how much i come to find to love em. lawl.
Yeah i did actually.

Beyblades are my Antidrug xD =P

UGH!!! now i'm off to the where to buy MFB threads. lol.
(Mar. 25, 2009  3:20 AM)thomasman Wrote: Yeah aqua i did read what you guys said. But does it really matter? not only that i don't see it as much of a waste. Like neku said it's a nostalgia thing. Not only that, i'd rather waste my money on collecting something than spending it on ugh, i can't disclose what i spend my cash on because of younger members on the boards but yeah. I'd rather spend a couple bucks on some beyblades that me and my brother can play with && create a bond on than spend a couple bucks on that little plant in my signature. catch my drift?

So then why don't you collect MFB and play with those.... They're still beyblades.

(Mar. 25, 2009  3:20 AM)thomasman Wrote: Like i said, i just wanted to know what would be the best. So i'll be aiming for MFB's && also buy some plastics and hms's that catch my eye.

Ok that makes sense. Just don't drop too much cash on Plastic and HMS Wink
So why did you ask if you already made up your mind? Closing this thread. If you want to buy them, buy them ... but don't complain when you ask us what we think and we tell you not to.