Is WB still top-tier?

Hmm.. This raises a question of Sonokong CS vs Takara Tomy CS. I have a feeling TT is the more defense-gifted sister of the two.. :Y Try and reduce the rubber coating if you can. (Tilting you launch, making it land on the rubber etc.) I think I'll put the SK vs TT variation in the OP, very interesting, I really appreciate the tests you have conducted pretty vital to the entire CS being a Defense Tip. :U
(Dec. 17, 2010  2:26 AM)Dan Wrote: Hmm.. This raises a question of Sonokong CS vs Takara Tomy CS. I have a feeling TT is the more defense-gifted sister of the two.. :Y Try and reduce the rubber coating if you can. (Tilting you launch, making it land on the rubber etc.) I think I'll put the SK vs TT variation in the OP, very interesting, I really appreciate the tests you have conducted pretty vital to the entire CS being a Defense Tip. :U

hmm... I will post more results, keeping in mind that my CS is a SK model... IMO, the rubber does not need to be worn down because I have trouble making it go into attack mode even if I try.
I definitely will keep in mind that it is SonoKong. lmao.
Alright, well wear it in and then lets see what happens.
That's the exact opposite of my sk coat sharp. So which one would be better for defence
.. Post tests please Ra.
Perhaps Nojo got a lemon, but I doubt every CS has its own personality..
Sorry only have a Carpy hasbro stadium but the only time it will go defensive is when it's losing stamina or hit hard
So then it is SonoKong molds..?
Edit: Glad that settled,
Thanks Blah!!
so are sonokong worse for defense than TT? I DO have another mint NIB ray unicrono among other things but I do not want to open it as the one I have is mint as well. I guess I will test it more extensively after this Gravity Perseus testing comes to an end...
I can't say for sure, but it looks like such because you two (Ra) have SonoKong's and are obtaining less than satisfactory results.. Hope to see those results after.
My Sonokong CS sucks.
It doesn't even move with a complete sliding shoot.
I will try to get a Takara-Tomy CS soon, and I'll test it out.

Dan, is your CS from the Ray Unicorno Starter or Booster?
Booster.
Man, isn't that going a bit too deep? Who knows, perhaps a niche CS. o:
Hah, sorry for taking it too far. (I do need a CS However)

I get caught up in a lot of off-topic things. O.o
I have no problem with that, its all good.
Though I got it right from a japanese retailer. (From my friend in japan..)
Who knows..
I've had these results for around a week as I did some quick testing of MF Pegasus 85RF/R2F for McFrown thought that I'll post the results here:

WB Opponent:

MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145WB VS MF Pegasus 85RF
MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145WB: 4 wins
MF Pegasus 85RF: 6 wins
WB win percentage: 40%

MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145WB MF Pegasus 85R2F
MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145WB: 2 wins
MF Pegasus 85R2F: 8 wins
WB win percentage 20%

RSF Opponent:

MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RSF VS MF Pegasus 85RF
MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RSF: 5 wins
MF Pegasus 85RF: 5 wins
RSF win percentage: 50%

MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RSF VS MF Pegasus 85R2F
MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RSF: 5 wins
MF Pegasus 85R2F: 5 wins
RSF win percentage: 50%

RS Opponent:

MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RS VS MF Pegasus 85RF
MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RS: 7 wins
MF Pegasus 85RF: 3 wins
RS win percentage: 70%

MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RS VS MF Pegasus 85R2F
MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145RS: 7 wins
MF Pegasus 85R2F: 3 wins
RS win percentage: 70%

CS Opponent:

MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145CS VS MF Pegasus 85RF
MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145CS: 5 wins
MF Pegasus 85RF: 5 wins
CS win percentage: 50%

MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145CS VS MF Pegasus 85R2F
MF - H Earth (Second Mold) Bull GB145CS: 3 wins
MF Pegasus 85R2F: 7 wins
CS win percentage: 30%

My CS is worn and TT make, I do have another CS which is Sono Kong and mint but unfortunately I like to keep it as a spare.

The most noticeable thing that these results highlight is the fact that WB is just not up to standard, especially when compared to the high win rates that RS achieves. We can all agree that RS is the better Defensive tip then WB though I do believe that WB should remain Top Tier at least until the release of MF. Due to MF having increased stamina over RF, using WB over RS may be an option as it'll give the Defence Combination the chance to outspin it's MF opponent.

If WB proves to be ineffective in countering MF then I believe it'll be time to replace WB with CS. Though with CS's increased stamina over WB, CS may prove to be more effective against MF then WB.
Alright.. perhaps I can negate that, by testing WB against a few of my F series bottoms.. >:J
Just to see how it fairs with MF not being released. Good point you have put up.
(Dec. 17, 2010  3:30 PM)Dan Wrote: Alright.. perhaps I can negate that, by testing WB against a few of my F series bottoms.. >:J
Just to see how it fairs with MF not being released. Good point you have put up.

I agree with fyuuoor... As you may/may not know, My sonokong Storm Aquario M145Q came with a bottom that I can only describe as MF... go over to the random thoughts thread to see pic. Anyways, I can do testing with that just to see RELATIVE results... it wont be entirely accurate as I do not think it is an actual MF...
Oh, I already know.. I too agree, but I have my doubts.

Edit: Results:
Quote:Flame Bull 145CS vs Flame Bull 145WB
Flame Bull 145CS: 5 wins (5 OS)
Flame Bull 145WB: 5 wins (5 OS)
1 Draw
New format^ c:
Anyway, I have a worn CS and it can still tie with WB. Though I can conduct more testing which looks like there must be.
(Dec. 18, 2010  2:18 AM)Dan Wrote:
Quote:Flame Bull 145CS vs Flame Bull 145WB
Flame Bull 145CS: 5 wins (5 OS)
Flame Bull 145WB: 5 wins (5 OS)
1 Draw
New format^ c:
Anyway, I have a worn CS and it can still tie with WB. Though I can conduct more testing which looks like there must be.
This looks pretty reasonable.

Thanks for the tests, Dan!
Hmmm in beybladerpatriks video in the part testing requests, CS got demolished by ray... My cs is the same way as well. My Internet has been down but I will post vids...
.. I think we both know why. SK. Anyway; if that is true, imagine how ravaged WB would be. exactry.
(Dec. 19, 2010  7:00 PM)Dan Wrote: .. I think we both know why. SK. Anyway; if that is true, imagine how ravaged WB would be. exactry.

Hmmm... it seems WB records better results than a SK CS...
According to?
(Dec. 19, 2010  7:15 PM)Dan Wrote: According to?

me... WB performs way better (lol like it wins one more round) than a SK CS.
To me WB doesn't compare at all to CS for defence. Mine was TT and didn't attack at all though.