Is WB still top-tier?

(Dec. 12, 2010  4:26 PM)Diamond Wrote: I hope this thread can actually help take CS up to the Tier list as an alternative to RS (which has balance issues, IIRC).

Even with RS's balance issues I believe that it's still the best defensive bottom available.

----------------
I'll soon post results supporting the case of WB being removed in place of CS.

To be honest I've started to have doubts about WB's performance ability and it's status as Top Tier for a little while now.
WB is certainatly outclassed.
When i used MF-H Libra C145 WB at school vs a leone 100 RF, Libra got destroyed. and it wasnt luck. it got Koed many times.
Hehe hawhaw.
Concerned that McFrown hasn't posted a thing on this thread.. Very unusual.
Anyway, I think it is pretty obvious that WB is completely outclassed.
Farewell plastic tips. (Almost. Unhappy )
well goodbye WB and hello cs/rs/rsf
(hey if there was a XB* that could be top tier) <- offtopic

*X=extreme obviously
How the hell would extreme ball be much better than WB? Plastic bottoms don't match up to rubber ones so it would still be outclassed.

(Dec. 13, 2010  1:01 AM)Dan Wrote: I did not follow anything UltraBlader said..

What I meant is that with the release of MF which will have more stamina than the rubber defence bottoms this might have more use due to having more stamina than rubber defence bottoms.
uh more surface area= more friction= more defence <- offtopic
i like using WB a lot and its really good.
Oh really? Thanks Filipino!
How about you post that in the 'Beyblade Random Thoughts' Thread. Not here..

Edit: I will tomorrow delve further into CS but this time in it's attack capabilities with our new line-up of top-tier attackers. (I'll take a crack at Vulcan Horuseus CH120CS among other things. So far it is looking great.)
Reviving the thread ; o; so far not a single person has a problem with WB being taken off the top-tier roster, and CS replacing it.. Need more Vets here, :U Will have a few MF's hopefully in the next week or so. :Y
Edit: I had to do it.
(Dec. 16, 2010  11:25 PM)Dan Wrote: Reviving the thread ; o; so far not a single person has a problem with WB being taken off the top-tier roster, and CS replacing it.. Need more Vets here, :U Will have a few MF's hopefully in the next week or so. :Y
Edit: I had to do it.

I dont mind WB going, I just don't know about CS replacing it... Ill post results later.
From the most recent results that Forum members have collected, it seems that Attack Types have a bit of trouble when the Defense custom sits on RS, CS, and or RSF. WB can't even keep up anymore; our current top-tier Attack Types and some Attack Type customizations of Gravity Perseus all yield a minimum win rate of 75%.

I vote for the removal of Wide Ball from the top-tier list, and replace it with Coat Sharp.
Thanks Momo,
I hope at one point I can gain enough experience under my belt to become a part of the Advanced Forum and vote myself. :Y WB, like Quetzalcoat is no longer stacking up to newer competition in the ever-changing MFB world.
(Dec. 17, 2010  12:47 AM)Dan Wrote: Thanks Momo,
I hope at one point I can gain enough experience under my belt to become a part of the Advanced Forum and vote myself. :Y WB, like Quetzalcoat is no longer stacking up to newer competition in the ever-changing MFB world.

Hmmm... some interesting results.

Sonokong attack
launched simultaniously
WB at 80%

MF Earth Bull GB145WB vs MF LLDrago100R2F
Bull- 5/10 (50%)
LLDrago- 5/10 (50%)

MF Earth Bull GB145CS vs MF LLDrago100R2F
Bull- 1/10 (10%)
LLDrago- 9/10 (90%)

hmmm... surprised myself. It may be a fluke, it may not, yet I'm not seeing the performance of CS that you guys are getting.
How agresive is your CS?
wow not the results I expected Tongue_out
(Dec. 17, 2010  1:33 AM)Chaos Blader Wrote: How agresive is your CS?

Not very aggresive when untouched, yet it goes in attack mode whenever a decent blow lands. stays for around 3-4 secs. As I said, I dont understand why I'm not getting the good results... maybe its juts weak to LL Drago?
how can you have a bad LL Drago?
(Dec. 17, 2010  1:44 AM)tman14 Wrote: how can you have a bad LL Drago?

I meant the bey could be weak against LLdrago...
CS is a very delicate tip, I've said this before, if you want to retain defense/stamina qualities you must wear out the rubber first. A very fresh CS is extremely good for defense, in my experience. When you have an completely aggressive CS, there is no use in using it for defense. One of the best times to use one when it is at the fringe point, you get great results like I did. I mean Vulcan at 35% is heinous compared to the results with WB. I definitely do not know all the right advice to get certain outcomes/results with CS, but you have to somehow wear the rubber out. If you want, try to do so with your CS, Nojo, experiments are really useful.
Did some testing with MF Lightning L Drago 100RF vs. MF Earth Bull C145WB.

MF Earth Bull C145WB vs. MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) 100RF
Bull launched with 80%
Beylaunchers for both
MFB Attack Stadium

I was going to do more testing, but after seeing this, there was no continuing with Vulcan. I don't have CS, but WB should be replaced by CS compared to these results.
That isn't even surprising, WB cannot compete.
Edit: If you don't have CS, alright, but I'd like to use your results in the OP!
Hah, I know.

I'd like to see how Basalt would perform on WB, and Libra too. These results are sad, but nonetheless expected.

You can use my results.

My RF is semi-worn, if you need that too.
I have no clue why you would want that, it would be less sad, yes, but trash compared to what the newer bottoms can do. Also, look at Blah's newest video Vulcan did not do so badly against WB Libra. Speechless Vulcan needs competition, and yes it does look like its getting some, but nothing compared to what can be achieved if WB is removed from the 'top-tier' list. :Y
(Dec. 17, 2010  2:00 AM)Dan Wrote: CS is a very delicate tip, I've said this before, if you want to retain defense/stamina qualities you must wear out the rubber first. A very fresh CS is extremely good for defense, in my experience. When you have an completely aggressive CS, there is no use in using it for defense. One of the best times to use one when it is at the fringe point, you get great results like I did. I mean Vulcan at 35% is heinous compared to the results with WB. I definitely do not know all the right advice to get certain outcomes/results with CS, but you have to somehow wear the rubber out. If you want, try to do so with your CS, Nojo, experiments are really useful.

I appreciate it! The thing is my CS is super mint. I've only used it maybe 5 times, so I assumed it would be good for defense in theory due to the rubber coating on the outside even before diamond posted his thread. However, my CS has always struggled against attack types, perhaps maybe it is due to it being a sonokong mold? Anyways, I'm more involved with momo and fyuuor in the testing of gravity so I will test this extensively when I get my 2nd "wave" of blades. Lol if you don't know what I mean, this was my first "wave"
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Recent-B...#pid346822

lol
good times.

EDIT: I will be testing CS more as I do not think my results were an accurate representation. I personally think WB is well on its way to being demoted as 2nd tier... CS is coming up FAST. I must note that during testing, CS has endured severe hits and parried them merely by circling around and staying in the centre... LL Drago just happened to be there for all the rounds lol.
I don't know why I said that either, I think I was meaning RS, for some reason. Unhappy

But yes, the main point is still there. I was thinking of RSF too, since it's better than WB, since I don't have RS or CS.