Is Ray Still Top Tier?

That is correct Dan we do need to improve the top tier Defense type list.
And basalt will help hopefully Smile
Sorry if you took it like that I don't hate attack and i'm not trying to imply that.
i think Ray should still claim its top tier title.just because somebody gets bad Win Rates with it, it still needs to be tested by a lot more members correct me if I'm wrong?
I had bad rates with it too. check my WB thread.
I think I faintly mentioned this in the Advanced Forum, too. Out of Vulcan, Metal System Pegasis, Lightning L-Drago, Ray, and even Gravity Perseus, Ray does the worst out of all of them. It's sub-tier, but I don't think it's top-tier material.
Hell, I still think Quetz does better than Ray. Either way they are both not as useful in competitive use as other attack beys.
I agree with all of this. I do not PERSONALLY own a Ray wheel, but whenever I see a video with a Bey using a Ray combo I wonder why it is top tier. It does have the occasional KO but not as much as I see combos like the ones Momo mentioned above do.
I Definitively agree too. I Think Ray is the worst out of Lightning, Vulcan, Gravity, and Pegasus.
That makes no sense and is wrong; Quetz used to be really great, but now we have better attackers so it was taken off, the same reasoning should go for all top-tier beys: If a part can no longer compete with newer opponents, it should be disposed of. Speechless
(Dec. 20, 2010  10:12 PM)skaterforlife Wrote: I Definitively agree too. I Think Ray is the worst out of Lightning, Vulcan, Gravity, and Pegasus but i still think it should be considered top tier.

Ray does the worst out of all of the Wheels I mentioned. By a million miles. Why should it be left in the top-tier list, with this lingering fact?
You people are spamming this thread with your lack of knowledge. Its seriously frustrating. Speechless
(Dec. 20, 2010  10:16 PM)Dan Wrote: That makes no sense and is wrong; Quetz used to be really great, but now we have better attackers so it was taken off, the same reasoning should go for all top-tier beys: If a part can no longer compete with newer opponents, it should be disposed of. Speechless

thank god
why does no one understand this?
I have no clue, I mean dear god, I didn't spam up the joint when Quetz was demoted. People don't like to let go of a certain wheel/combo because they feel attached to it, leading them to a false reality of things.
Some tests:

Ray Pegasis 100R2^F vs. MF Earth Bull C145WB
Beylauncher + Launcher Grip for both
MFB Attack Stadium
Bull launched at 80%
Banking with Ray

Ray Pegasis 100R2^F vs. MF Earth Bull C145RSF
Bey Launcher + Launcher Grip both
MFB Attack Stadium
Both launched at 100%
Banking with Ray

Well, nonetheless expected.
=/ your WB rates are very low.

I can get up to 80% with Ray unicorno CH120/100RF against MF Earth Bull C145WB.
Nojo got results like mine too.

Weird... I might try again to see. I used R2^F, so I'll try with RF.

Here's the results:

Ray Pegasis 100RF vs. MF Earth Bull C145WB
MFB Attack Stadium
LG + Beylauncher for both
Banking used, Bull 80%
Worn RF

I was surprised, but I think my R2^F was too new as compared to my worn-down RF.
(Dec. 21, 2010  1:54 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Nojo got results like mine too.

Here's the results:

MFB Attack Stadium
Banking used, Bull 80%
Worn RF

I was surprised, but I think my R2^F was too new as compared to my worn-down RF.

Interesting... Perhaps Ray performs better with RF than R2F? I did use CS though on the defense custom though...
I don't know where all of these low win rates against WB are coming from. Nojo, you even posted these results in the Ray Discusion thread.

Ray performs well against WB, however, it is just not powerful enough to overcome CS/RS/RSF. Given that WB is probably going to be coming off the top-tier list, then Ray should go along with it.
(Dec. 21, 2010  3:53 AM)Nojo294 Wrote:
(Dec. 21, 2010  1:54 AM)Ray Joker Wrote: Nojo got results like mine too.

Here's the results:

MFB Attack Stadium
Banking used, Bull 80%
Worn RF

Interesting... Perhaps Ray performs better with RF than R2F? I did use CS though on the defense custom though...

I think my R2F needed some wearing down, as I noticed Ray was not banking good at all. It's still pretty new. My RF was worn down, and so Ray could land more hits.

I looked at your OP, and you used WB (If that's what you were referring to), when I compared my WB results to yours.
(Dec. 21, 2010  4:22 AM)Kei Wrote: Ray performs well against WB, however, it is just not powerful enough to overcome CS/RS/RSF. Given that WB is probably going to be coming off the top-tier list, then Ray should go along with it.
QFT/Agree. :V
And Pegasis as well.
though MF Pegasis 85RF has shown something.
I think now that WB is coming off, ALL the top tier attack types should be tested with the new Defense bottoms to see if they match up.
I already know about LLD and Vulcan, though I cannot speak for Pegasis. Ray is not even worth it to me.
WB is off, though. I plan on testing 100RF vs CH120 (LLD) because I really think CH120 should be the only choice.
I'd like your input after this Ray affair.
(Dec. 21, 2010  5:27 AM)Dan Wrote: I already know about LLD and Vulcan, though I cannot speak for Pegasis. Ray is not even worth it to me.
WB is off, though. I plan on testing 100RF vs CH120 (LLD) because I really think CH120 should be the only choice.
I'd like your input after this Ray affair.

Ok will do Dan. There are so many movements within the metagame after it has been relatively static for a while WAY bacl when storm was top tier... This is more like it. I was going to do another is DF145 still top tier but seeing how much controversy it created last time, its not even worth it lol.

Oh and I can tell you now that LL Drago still deserves to be top tier at 100... making it ONLY CH120 is pushing it a bit far I think. It does well on those tracks so why not keep it and create more options?
MF Pegasis 145 RF is trash now compared to other Top Tiers.