Inventor Inquiry - RC Beyblade

I am a toy designer and a Mechanical Engineer. I have developed a prototype for an RC Beyblade where the direction of movement can be controlled and it is completely different and much better than than the one Hasbro and Takaratomy's RC version released many years ago.  The prototype is not yet completed. I've pitched my idea to them but since their initial version was a flop, they are a bit hesitant to release another version. Hence, I've been asked to conduct a survey by the toy companies so that they can gauge the interest among people.

So, will you be interested in seeing this toy in stores and also would you buy them? Please let me know your opinions.

Thanks a lot for your time.
Remote Controlled beys? Of course! its fun enough as it is launching a bey, but controlling it could lead to so much more fun and interesting battles. intead of the bey having a mind of its own, you ARE the mind. so yes, i would
wanna elaborate a bit on the differences between your prototype and TT's and Hasbro's?
@ MDK Shady

TT and Hasbro's design : Once you launch the bey and you push buttons, it starts to move in circles on the stadium. It can only move clockwise or anti-clockwise. Also this toy will not work on a flat surface. It needed a bey stadium to work. (https://youtu.be/drcYgKVMxIA)

But, with my design you can move it in whatever direction you desire. Also, it works on a flat surface.
I would definitely buy them if they worked well. I would focus on maximum durability. That was often the problem with the previous ones. They break pretty easily.
Also if you could change parts between them that would be optimal. Maybe the tips at least. Make it more than just plastic. If at all possible. At least maybe get a little bit of chance for customizing your own combo and give you a reason to buy them all.
(Jun. 14, 2022  3:32 PM)Zoroaste Wrote: I would definitely buy them if they worked well. I would focus on maximum durability. That was often the problem with the previous ones. They break pretty easily.
Also if you could change parts between them that would be optimal. Maybe the tips at least. Make it more than just plastic. If at all possible. At least maybe get a little bit of chance for customizing your own combo and give you a reason to buy them all.

Yes. I totally agree with you. Reliability was an issue. The new design will be reliable as well as parts can be changed.
The Hasbro app attempted to include this functionality with Genesis Valtryek V3 and Fafnir F3, however this app functionality doesn't seem to work anymore (at the least my app cannot find the tips via Bluetooth as they're meant to). Those designs were so tall and lopsided to begin with and essentially identical, very weird when one is supposedly a Stamina type.

Like, I would go for some RC shenanigans, but it's gotta be more stable than Hasbro's last attempt, and relying on this app is not very good either.
I'd love to see new and improved rc beys, I've not got my hands on the burst series ones, but I've got a metal series one and I love it and it works surprisingly well.
I think having rc beys is an obvious step so you can feel just like you're in the anime, so its sick to see someone with new ideas.
(Jul. 02, 2022  9:04 AM)banjaxed Wrote: I'd love to see new and improved rc beys, I've not got my hands on the burst series ones, but I've got a metal series one and I love it and it works surprisingly well.
I think having rc beys is an obvious step so you can feel just like you're in the anime, so its sick to see someone with new ideas.

That's awesome banjaxed
(Jun. 14, 2022  11:11 AM)reuben619 Wrote: I am a toy designer and a Mechanical Engineer. I have developed a prototype for an RC Beyblade where the direction of movement can be controlled and it is completely different and much better than than the one Hasbro and Takaratomy's RC version released many years ago.  The prototype is not yet completed. I've pitched my idea to them but since their initial version was a flop, they are a bit hesitant to release another version. Hence, I've been asked to conduct a survey by the toy companies so that they can gauge the interest among people.

So, will you be interested in seeing this toy in stores and also would you buy them? Please let me know your opinions.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Seems like a great way to improve a poor design from a great idea
If you could make the tips different shapes, I think you could have a more diverse range of actions. Also if it is possible to make gimmicks that only work on RC Bets that would set this product a world apart from the earlier models.