Introducing... Double Blind Pick (assisted)

Ok, i don't know if you had this kind of issues while playing/organizing a tournament, but sometimes the rule that says that the chosen beyblade will effectively be the one played in the match if it will be connected with the shooter caused confusion or loss of time due to people trying to see what combo were the other player holding in his hands etc.

so i came to an easy conclusion.
Let me introduce you guys to the "double blind pick" rule, often used in fighting videogames such as super smash bros or street fighter.

both players choose the character at the same time... OR...

PLAYER A declares his character(shows his bey) to a judge(or someone that isn't involved in the match)
PLAYER B chooses his character (chooses/Shows his beyblade and attach it to the launcher)
PLAYER A can now pick his character (show his beyblade)
the judge makes sure that player A picked the declared character(is using the declared beyblade)

That would save time and kill any problem about people trying to be "smart" (sarcasm)
You do know about the Stalling Clause, right?
Yes i do, but i still had problems with that, people loosing focus or trying to do something, i believe that updating the beyblade selection rule with this would make events go a lot smoother.

i tried to do that at a non wbo event and it really showed up great results
Dude, they don't use that in Smash Bros. but I feel what you're saying.
i know double blind pick by playing smash, lol

anyway, i think that even if this would not make a massive change in the rules, it would still help
Oh yeah, you're Italian :V
It's not really a part of the NA scene, but this has nothing to do with Beyblade :V
last ot:
iirc, any big US and EU event has double blind pick. some people will just ignore it since they play their character and everyone knows it XD (obviously, you'll be expecting a falco from dr peepee (melee) or a diddy from adhd (brawl)

anyway, i'd like to hear opinions, what do you guys think about this?
This is exactly what happens after the stalling clause is invoked. I don't think we should make it so that this is done in every match because some players make their selection out in the open. It's a part of the game.
the stalling clause says that both players must create their combo in a secret way, well, often people take more time while doing this than the time they take for answering a judge the combo they want to make,
i can't really tell you why.
(Mar. 11, 2011  6:12 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: This is exactly what happens after the stalling clause is invoked. I don't think we should make it so that this is done in every match because some players make their selection out in the open. It's a part of the game.

Exactly. It just seems too redundant. And making it, or the Stalling Clause, mandatory at every match will never happen. If one Blader wants to make their "selection" in the open as either part of their strategy, or because of their ignorance, that's their prerogative.
you're absolutely right, but the point is "if a player wants to".
I surely won't say things like "no you cannot take your time to choose"
but when someone hasn't got too many doubts, DBP will speed up the process.

i don't know how are your events, but last time i organized an under 16 non wbo tournament,
there were 68 entrants and really needed to be fast.
DBP helped me a lot.
Removing deception tactics from the game entirely? Way to completely destroy the tournament strategies of a lot of high-level players. The analog to fighting games doesn't really work because the majority of strategy takes place DURING the match. However, you can't control your Beyblade and once selected you can't change it. 90% of the strategy in Beyblade is about picking your Beyblade.
I don't get it, why do you say that this removes tactics?
it's just asking to a player who has finished his preparations what he's gonna use,m and confirm it to his opponent.

so i didn't get your point.

an example: ok, i'm going to play against you.
i'm selecting my bey.
i'm telling the judge my bey.
once you decide your bey, you attach it to the launcher.
i attach my bey to the launcher and the judge confirms you that the beyblade is the one i showed him/her before.

so how could this possibly destroy tactics?
Because you can't

a) judge which bey your opponent is going to use because they reveal it out of not knowing better, and
b) because you can't mislead your opponent by displaying a false choice

These are important tactics in tournament play.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Deceptio...#pid527583
not exactly, you can still show something, telling the judge something else OR
if you're player b, you can show one beyblade, then once your opponent told the judge his bey, declaring yours, that's because you're showing, but you didn't tell what's yyour bey yet.
in addition, you're the second person who chooses, so once player A has chosen his beyblade, it doesn't matter if you can juggle with 10 mf libra 1st mold without making them fall(just kidding=) ), you'll declare your bey after your opponent decision(which you don't know) so it's perfectly fine.
I don't get it. Why does it take so long for the two to select their choice? Anytime I've ever had to use this clause it hasn't taken any more than a minute or two.
i don't know, pressure maybe? can't really tell you why but dbp helped me saving time.
(Mar. 11, 2011  9:36 PM)Yamislayer Wrote: in addition, you're the second person who chooses, so once player A has chosen his beyblade, it doesn't matter if you can juggle with 10 mf libra 1st mold without making them fall(just kidding=) ), you'll declare your bey after your opponent decision(which you don't know) so it's perfectly fine.

In that case doesn't one player have an intensely unfair advantage?

If it's taking more than 30 seconds for a player to select their Bey at the stadium, invoke Stalling Clause. This is a solution to a problem that nobody has.
What's the point of doing double blind in a game like this anyway? Don't you achieve the same thing simply by selecting your Beyblades in secret? In a video game you have to do double blind because you can see what your opponent selects on the screen but it isn't so in Beyblade.
the main fact is just saving time, people often answers to a question faster than making a beyblade choosing it in secret and actually using it.
I'm trying to suggest this method cause while i organize tournaments i often have 50+ entrants (the last one had 68 entrants)
and i have to be quick. for some reason, when i tried to apply the stalling clause it took longer than receiving an answer to a simple question from one player.