Intro? Intro!

Greetings, community. I've just gotten into learning about the intricacies of the hobby which is Beyblade. While I was into it when I was young, I really didn't expect it to have the depth that I've learned it displays only to those who are willing to look past the "toy" moniker. Though I may not become a vocal member or anything, I do enjoy lurking forums and reading up on things; hence, I expect to lurk around quite frequently.

That's it as far as self introduction goes. Nice to meet you all!
Welcome to the WBO! Have a good time, and remember not to do anything that I wouldn't do.

Read th!nk's guide on making GOOD posts, so you can exclude yourself from getting warned. Be sure to read the introductory PM that was sent to you too. Many newbs faile to do so, and start posting random carp around. However, reading the rules can make a difference.

So anyways, HI. What is your combination?
Thanks for the welcome!

The intro PM was what led me here. =D

Well... While I'm just reading around for competitive builds at the moment, I have no collection to speak of. Nothing significant to warrant any unique combination of my own, anyway. My first purchase was Basalt Horogium due to its design (and that's what got me into Beyblades again, actually) so I suppose for now, that's my main "combo." I was very pleasantly surprised when I learned how good it was.

I'm waiting on the Gravity Perseus reshuffle set to come in by mail tomorrow or the day after, though, so I'll have a bit of fun with that before deciding whether I prefer to use offensive or defensive combinations.
Welcome! So I see you've read the intro PM, that's always good! Tongue_out Also, you don't always have to stick to offensive or defensive, stamina is always an option too! What country do you live in by any chance, if you don't mind saying? Smile
Well you seem like a good poster already and can almost already tell you will be a great addition to the forum. Hope you enjoy your time in the WBO.
Thanks a lot for the warm reception. I live in the US. (NY)

Well... regarding stamina types, I have my reservations against them mainly due to my understanding that attack types are the most popular/commonly used? I'll have to leave that discussion for the proper forum, but that's just my reason for sticking with offense/defense. Tongue_out
That's cool, I live in NY too! Luckily for you, New York's got a lot of tournaments going on (not currently, but often), and even more bladers! So, if you live near Brooklyn or Manhattan, you can attend one. The tournaments that are being held are on the left side of the page. And about the attack, I'm not too sure, but I'm pretty sure defense is up to game in popularity too.
Ah, well... I live out in LI, but it's pretty convenient to get to the city via LIRR, at least. I'll definitely be on the look out for events in the future!
[Image: welcomelogo-1.png]

Click on the Pic to learn more about posting on the WBO and not getting warned: Very Important!!!
Welcome to the WBO
(Jul. 21, 2011  11:44 PM)DSNoise Wrote: Ah, well... I live out in LI, but it's pretty convenient to get to the city via LIRR, at least. I'll definitely be on the look out for events in the future!
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Suffolk-...nts-anyone

For those who don't want my 2-3 hour commute.