Instant Dranzer S explosion - what have I bought?

I ordered a gold dranzer S from eBay two weeks ago. It arrived today, I built it up carefully and then sent it for a spin against an ancient roller defenser just to see what it was like. The attack ring instantly shattered upon slight impact with RD.

I bought the blade according to the anti fake rules... Sono kong writing in the bottom right of the box and the shiney sticker. I do believe its real.

Maybe the gold plastic is of a different compound to the usual blades...

Could someone please clear this up for me?

Thanks.
maybe it was only meant for display?

just kidding man.
I think it is because of somethign called Gold Plated Syndrome. That means anything in Gold is made of a weaker plastic for the BB,SG, or AR. But did the AR break, or did it just go flying somewhere? If that's the case, you didn't follow the instructions. Next time, post in the Plastics Q&A Thread Wink
The AR shattered into five pieces...

I posted in this section because it may concern others that might want to buy this particular blade.
Hmm... well it is most likely Gold Plastic Syndrome because Gold Plastic is exremely fragile so that might be the reason.
This is annoying, I have a gold Driger S on the way too which I suppose will also be useless.
Or it might be a once in a blue moon thing, where the beyblade ARs break. But test out your Driger S and see if it's a coincidence.
I've never heard of "Gold Plated Syndrome" .. but Plastic.

Try asking in the Plastics Q&A, located in Beyblade General.