Inspirational Quotes and Proverbs

And I don't mean stuff you find on Google. Only post something if you have come up with it yourself. Seriously.

Anyways, I'll start us off. I've had the basic idea for this one stuck in my head for a while, but I couldn't get the specific words for it until just yesterday.

"Make sure the mark you leave on the world is not a scar."
It means that while everyone wants to be noticed, you should try to be noticed in a positive light.

Your turn.

And please, no Google or pop culture references.
One I've been a fan of is:

I'm the shizz, and I know I'm the shizz. So what ever you say, doesn't affect my "I'm the shizz"-ness.
only give presents when presents are due

failing is the only way to win
(May. 09, 2010  2:19 AM)RエスコルピオT125JB Wrote: Stupid anime, ridiculous introduction of wheels, tracks and bottoms......
All are liars.
Is this accepted? Haha...
"hope is what everyone needs to build a better life for without hope you are not truley living"
what i say to freinds who are having a hard time it normaly cheers them up i realy hope this isnt something from pop culture that i picked up and didnt realize. Basicly it means that you need to have goals or something to look foward to in life insteed of just floating not know what you want ect.

I have alot more that i say to people to cheer them up,but i think they are borederline agasint the forums rules so i wont post them.

This one is a quote from gundam 00 but i find it quite inspirational and helps give me the will to enjoy life "My existence is reason enough. I'm alive. I'm living"
(Aug. 04, 2010  3:21 PM)castleoblivion Wrote: if at first you don't succeed, Sky-Diving is not for you
Libruhhh

(Aug. 03, 2010  1:19 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Only post something if you have come up with it yourself. Seriously.
You know why I said that? Because I don't want this thread filled with spam. It's also in the Your Creations thread for a reason, hah.
(Aug. 04, 2010  3:32 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Aug. 04, 2010  3:21 PM)castleoblivion Wrote: if at first you don't succeed, Sky-Diving is not for you
Libruhhh

(Aug. 03, 2010  1:19 PM)Daegor42 Wrote: Only post something if you have come up with it yourself. Seriously.
You know why I said that? Because I don't want this thread filled with spam. It's also in the Your Creations thread for a reason, hah.
sorry...but i have another one if that works....
accomplishment is 98% dedication, 1%Focus, and 1% what am i trying to accomplish anyway?!
Everyone could have the same intelligence as long as they applied themselves the same. Basically Effort?
"If you are a pikachu, never evolve into a raichu. But if your a pichu, you have to evolve into a pikachu"
Lesson - Pichu < Pikachu > Raichu
Why is being normal such a merit and being strange such a bad thing? What you call normal is simply average, and I'd rather be extraordinary.
Don't take forever thinking about a clever quote to put on a forum. Just continue on with life.
- Grinale

Double meaning, hah.
(Aug. 05, 2010  1:18 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Don't take forever thinking about a clever quote to put on a forum. Just continue on with life.
- Grinale

Whoa, that's so meta!
Let it rip but don't let it R.I.P
Your dream must be something you can't achieve otherwise it's a goal

My dream is to be Bill Gates, my goal is to have the same amout of money he has
(Aug. 05, 2010  2:10 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2010  1:18 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Don't take forever thinking about a clever quote to put on a forum. Just continue on with life.
- Grinale

Whoa, that's so meta!

Thank you for your kinds words.

I actually thought of this after thinking for 5 minutes on a good quote.
(Aug. 05, 2010  4:47 AM)Daegor42 Wrote: Why is being normal such a merit and being strange such a bad thing? What you call normal is simply average, and I'd rather be extraordinary.

Don't be extra ordinary.
(Aug. 05, 2010  3:03 PM)OkiBlaze Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2010  2:10 PM)Daegor42 Wrote:
- Grinale

Whoa, that's so meta!

Thank you for your kinds words.

I actually thought of this after thinking for 5 minutes on a good quote.

I knew i had made something up but couldnt remember it, i think what i put was close tohugh
Refined Version:
Don't take forever thinking about a small, clever quote to put on a forum. You're missing the discussion on BB-86.
-Grinale
The more you try and be clever, the less clever you'll be.
A fool is someone who says something obvious and is wrong.
You know you're doing something wrong when someone makes a quote based on your mistakes.
Not everything's about you, Dale.
I know other Dales you know! =P

EDIT: Even when people mention your name, they aren't necessarily talking about you.

Now back on topic. A bird in the hand for two in the bush is only a good deal to one person.
[Image: billymandy3302.jpg]

EDIT: I heard the first part of that quote on "Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader" earlier today.