In Memory Is Now Defunct

My band In Memory is now defunct. We broke up three days ago. My lead singer, Jordan, had a two year addiction to Xanax, Hydrocodine, and Ceraquil which he kicked about six months ago. Two weeks ago I found out he started taking Hydrocodine again, and then I caught him with Xanax in his room. I slapped the carp out of him, and flushed all that I could find. I'm fine with pot, salvia, shrooms, booze, acid, and occasionally ex; but an addiction that he kicked and got back into was too much. He promised he would quit, but I knew he was lying. Everything went well until four days ago. He calls me at around 4 AM, sounding VERY drunk. He apparently took 4 bars (Xanax), and drank 12 beers...and decided to walk to Walmart. A cop pulled him over and gave him a public intoxication and curfew ticket. I decided to break the band up now.

I have now founded a new band, without a name. In Memory was working on a 4 track EP, and we were almost done...but the new band is much better musically. We'll have some tracks up this weekend hopefully.
Just a note: None of us needed the sob story about why the band broke up in the first place. Actually, come to think of it, why was this thread even made?

Not trying to be an carp, I really just don't understand what the purpose of it was/is.
is this topic about your band or your friend's drug issues
I'm sad to hear your old band broke up; maybe focusing this thread on your newly founded band would be a better subject.
We're 15-17, and we had our EP finished. Can we not record music?

Roan, I wasn't making this topic about a sob story. I was telling why In Memory broke up, and I would have titled it the new bands name...but we are nameless right now
I'm just saying, most of us weren't even aware you were in a band in the first place. Then you make this thread with this wack carp story about your friend being addicted to drugs and I'm just like wtf is going on in this thread? @_@
(Dec. 17, 2008  6:11 AM)Evan Wrote: We're 15-17, and we had our EP finished. Can we not record music?

Roan, I wasn't making this topic about a sob story. I was telling why In Memory broke up, and I would have titled it the new bands name...but we are nameless right now

no, i mean the drug story is pretty crazy for a band of 15 year olds.
i started recording when i was 15 too Smile
(Dec. 17, 2008  6:14 AM)Guitar_Legend Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2008  6:11 AM)Evan Wrote: We're 15-17, and we had our EP finished. Can we not record music?

Hahaha I took it as we couldn't record at this age. Yea, we do a lot of drugs. I smoke pot and trip shrooms and salvia. Nothing major though. And Xanax for my anxiety
(Dec. 17, 2008  6:16 AM)Evan Wrote:

Hahaha I took it as we couldn't record at this age. Yea, we do a lot of drugs. I smoke pot and trip shrooms and salvia. Nothing major though. And Xanax for my anxiety

That is major.

YOU'RE SO COOL
(Dec. 17, 2008  6:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: YOU'RE SO COOL

I couldn't help posting and letting you know I started laughing out loud when I saw your post. Just thought I'd let ya know
(Dec. 17, 2008  6:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

YOU'RE SO COOL

Drugs aren't cool, I personally enjoy them. As long as no one gets hurt from them, I'm happy.
Enjoy your braincells while you still can, won't have any left before long.
Also, I don't know if you knew but Most cases of people who try to go cold turkey fail, what you should've done was acted like real friend would've and got him to a fricken doctor.

And in a way, you're pot calling the kettle black here, You say it's fine to take xanax, yet you beat the carp into your mate for it?
Well done.

Also, you logic makes no sense mate, how the carp is taking Acid and E better than medically prescribed stuff?

Seriously, you should lay off the drugs, your sense of right and wrong and making sense is considerably warped.
(Dec. 17, 2008  4:33 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: Seriously, you should lay off the drugs, your sense of right and wrong and making sense is considerably warped.

coming from you, this is hilariously ironic

anyway, pot should be legal and i have no qualms with anyone taking it, but be careful with that other stuff dtd (well except salvia lol). don't climb too deep into the rabbit hole
(Dec. 17, 2008  5:11 PM)Artie Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2008  4:33 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: Seriously, you should lay off the drugs, your sense of right and wrong and making sense is considerably warped.

coming from you, this is hilariously ironic

anyway, pot should be legal and i have no qualms with anyone taking it, but be careful with that other stuff dtd (well except salvia lol). don't climb too deep into the rabbit hole

I'm not willing to start argueing again, But seriously, live it down already.
(Dec. 17, 2008  3:11 PM)Evan Wrote: Drugs aren't cool, I personally enjoy them. As long as no one gets hurt from them, I'm happy.

My Cousin just got out of rehab for about the fifth time, and he personally enjoys them too. However, you and him are both hurting yourselves. I will not tell you what and what not to do, but you sound like a typical drug addict when you say your not hurting anyone. You are being fried up inside, and the more you use them, the less aware you will be of things around you, and your ability to reason and logic will become numb. My cousin seriously acts like mentally retarted person a lot of the times, and he was never like this before.He's taken about every drug and chemical you can think of.

Not only this, but a lot of what you are doing is illegal. There is a reason for it being illegal you know, and that reason would be to save your life. Don't be a fool and think that you can prove drugs can be taken carefully, there is no such thing. Johnny Cash was an addict, and he was able to get off of them. The deeper you delve into this stuff, the harder it will be to get out. And it never starts with just taking them all. No, it starts with some small dose, or small drug. Then later on you will say, "Hey, I've taken this one, this one here is not much worse." If begin to think this way, then your logic and reason are obviously fading away.
'TheUnkownGod Wrote:Not only this, but a lot of what you are doing is illegal. There is a reason for it being illegal you know, and that reason would be to save your life.
Sorry, I don't think the government has my best interests in consideration when marijuana is illegal, yet alcohol is not.

The stigma against drugs here amazes me.
Well have you ever had anyone close to you die from said drug taking?
Might just change your tune then.
(Dec. 17, 2008  7:06 PM)May The Pirate Wrote: Well have you ever had anyone close to you die from said drug taking?
Might just change your tune then.

Taking drugs is their prerogative; it is none of my business, let alone the government's what I do with my body. The only instance I see the government getting involved would be making sure these drugs do not harm others (that's their reasoning I'm sure for this inane "Drug War"), yet they leave alcohol legal. Puzzling. Getting back to your point, individual lives loss from drugs is indeed a tragic thing. However, the world has so many variables and things that can harm you that drugs are not on my high priority of things to worry about.

Stupid temperance movements; before the eighteenth amendment, marijuana and similar drugs were legal. When prohibition ended, they just left the drugs off the list! Stupid FDR.
(Dec. 17, 2008  6:58 PM)Artie Wrote:
'TheUnkownGod Wrote:Not only this, but a lot of what you are doing is illegal. There is a reason for it being illegal you know, and that reason would be to save your life.
Sorry, I don't think the government has my best interests in consideration when marijuana is illegal, yet alcohol is not.

The stigma against drugs here amazes me.

What does alcohol have to do with this? Alcohol is good for you depending on how much you consume. Drinking a glass of wine a day is very healthy. Marijuana is also a different story. My 'stigma' shouldn't amaze you. This is a serious issue.
Alcohol has many of the same effects on your response times and health and can cause egregious side affects such as death. Of course anything in moderation is fine; marijuana is healthy in moderation. Why is marijuana different from alcohol when both, when abused, can cause death? Either both should be legal or illegal; it's a double standard.
(Dec. 17, 2008  8:09 PM)Artie Wrote: Alcohol has many of the same effects on your response times and health and can cause egregious side affects such as death. Of course anything in moderation is fine; marijuana is healthy in moderation. Why is marijuana different from alcohol when both, when abused, can cause death? Either both should be legal or illegal; it's a double standard.

My uncle died six months ago from being an alcoholic, so yes I understand where you are coming from. But the effects of alcohol are much milder than some of the drugs we've been discussing. As for marijuana...lol that's all I got to say.
(Dec. 17, 2008  8:11 PM)TheUnkownGod Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2008  8:09 PM)Artie Wrote: Alcohol has many of the same effects on your response times and health and can cause egregious side affects such as death. Of course anything in moderation is fine; marijuana is healthy in moderation. Why is marijuana different from alcohol when both, when abused, can cause death? Either both should be legal or illegal; it's a double standard.

My uncle died six months ago from being an alcoholic, so yes I understand where you are coming from. But the effects of alcohol are much milder than some of the drugs we've been discussing. As for marijuana...lol that's all I got to say.

Marijuana, 'shrooms' and salvia are not exactly harsh drugs. Hell, salvia is still a legal substance.
(Dec. 17, 2008  8:13 PM)Artie Wrote:
(Dec. 17, 2008  8:11 PM)TheUnkownGod Wrote:

Marijuana, 'shrooms' and salvia are not exactly harsh drugs. Hell, salvia is still a legal substance.

...lol...well...think about the long term effect if you take it consistently. That's the real damage of the drugs. However, you'll probably die faster eating McDonalds everyday.