Important - Upcoming Maintenance

I'm glad. A error everyday is very irritating.
will everything be the same like how it is now?
THANK U KAI-V!!! This "error" plagues me more than having no chocolate to eat in the house... in other words, it's REALLY ANNOYING!!! Thx for fixin' it!!!
It won't be different to me because when it happens I just refresh the page and it's back Tongue_out.
For everyone wondering : Nothing will be lost, at all.

We will close the board shortly before the migration starts to make sure that no new posts are made after a copy of the site is created. Then that copy will just be moved to another host, and we will do our tricks to make sure that everybody will progressively be redirected to "worldbeyblade.org" on that new host. In theory, "worldbeyblade.org" on our current host will continue to exist for a while, but then we will cancel our account on it; by that time everyone will be seeing "worldbeyblade.org" on the new host anyway.

Understand that we would have to download MyBB again and install it on the new host for everything to be lost, and we are definitely not going to do that.
(Feb. 23, 2011  5:42 AM)Deikailo Wrote: I'm more excited to hear about the "good news" coming after the maintenance.

Me too Eee
Yippee!!!!!!!!! Finally there wont be any internal errors!!! Does this also mean that the thread, posts etc. will be deleted?? Do we have to make ourselves new accounts????
(Feb. 23, 2011  3:16 PM)janpegasus Wrote: Yippee!!!!!!!!! Finally there wont be any internal errors!!! Does this also mean that the thread, posts etc. will be deleted?? Do we have to make ourselves new accounts????

Seriously ? ...
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Importan...#pid557533
(Feb. 23, 2011  4:54 PM)ShadowZoroark Wrote: What time is it offline in GMT (UK time)?

It should be around midnight from what I understand. That means that it would be offline for the whole Friday for people in the Greenwich Mean Timezone.
Ok sure
I finally won't get those errors 20 times a day! At least this will happen when I'm at school Smile
what time will it be offline in tennessee?
thanks for the info kai v
ok what is the site name and when will it be for in texas
the site will stile be caleed worldbeyblade.org
You should save all the DATA
Yay new server Joyful_3 I am pretty happy though that we've gotten so many members that we need to expand, congrats!
We need more active and helpful members than 10 new users each day that do nothing.<off topic

But I'm glad for the maintenance, I get the MyBB error page up to 10 times a day!
that's ok, this will happen around mid day Saturday for me. ill be gone on Sunday and i have to train for a Pokemon tournament on the Saturday so this is perfect timing for me.
This is good. That "MyBBQ internal sol error" Shebang was really getting on my nerves.

If you want to look at it positively, this means the WBO is getting really popular!
By the way, even though we will obviously be 'down' for a while and that we warned you about it beforehand, I think it might still be useful if you just try to access "worldbeyblade.org" a few times during the day we will be under maintenance. This way, everybody should be more quickly redirected to the site on our new host.

Because there is otherwise always a possibility that you are still accessing the site on the old host even after twenty-four hours even though it is rare that this happens, but I think that if you try to access it several times, it helps.

I am sure this is abstract for a few people, but just know that even if we do not seem to have reopened the site by 7:00 PM on Friday Eastern Time, then do not panic at all, you will eventually be redirected to the correct site on the new host. Nothing will be lost, and you are not forever going to be unable to see the 'new' site.

If after forty-eight or even seventy-two hours the site is still under maintenance for you, then you can find a way to contact me on Beyblade Spirit.
Since the WBO will be on a new host, will the site have a new look?
Speaking of the new look, you might wanna replace Storm Pegasus's picture with BigBang or Galaxy. If you know what I mean ;]. Also I just realized I was onr of the few thousands of ppl on WBO when I signed up. That means I'm a pioneer?
(Feb. 23, 2011  8:49 PM)Jacksonian Wrote: We need more active and helpful members than 10 new users each day that do nothing.<off topic

But I'm glad for the maintenance, I get the MyBB error page up to 10 times a day!

exactly what I think every day. letssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (to the mew host)